• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
lol good luck with that. Dropping time was about 1/10th of a second

the spotters did suck though, in my squat vid his hands are ABOVE the bar as a side spotter and the back spotter is no where near me

lol good luck with that. Dropping time was about 1/10th of a second

the spotters did suck though, in my squat vid his hands are ABOVE the bar as a side spotter and the back spotter is no where near me
dropping time doesnt matter, your hands should be under the bar, not either side.

You still have to factor in reaction time in going from relaxed to having a weight drop on your hands. I got hold of the bar when Gregg fell forward and that didn't help :p

yes but greggs squat was like what? well over 300kg?? nothing was stopping that. when that bench is looking around 120kg (2 plates either side) so each spotter only needs to catch about 60kg, and they should not be "relaxed" the guy closest to the camera, the bar goes straight though his hands, if he was prepared he would of cough it easy.

ok shouldn't laugh at newbies at the gym , but couldn't help but laugh today

had a guy come in , clearly his first time in the gym , jumps on the calf rasing machine back to front like he was ready to do squats or something, and then wondered why the handles were in such an awkward position or an arm lengths back

was about to show him how to use it , but he walked off in embarassment

he jumped on a few other things , instructor must've seen him as he came across and showed the guy how to use some stuff , then took him off to the room to make a routine

Saw a new bloke to site pull six plates for 5 last night. It was also probably the most explosive iv'e seen, needless to say dude was a beast.

If that was me, i would of said 'i'm done when i'm done champ' and went on to perform the rest of my workout in the rack. Nothing worse then people that ask 'are you using that' when you are in the middle of a workset.

Same... Wait till I finish my set, then ask if you can work in with me. I'm a nice guy, I've got no issue with that. But if you interrupt me because you're an impatient knob, I'll make you wait till I'm done. And I can think of all sorts of fun things to keep doing to kill time. Even if it means dropping the weight down so I can do 10-15 sets...

^ Yeah don't get me wrong, if someone ask's between set's how long i have left, i alway's offer to work in, will even help them change weights. I jus hate the 'are you using that?' bullshit approach!

A guy attempting some sort of zercher squat on the smith machine but barely going down 1/3, and was throwing the weight up kinda like a curl. Fuck it was funny.

Guys doing half a bench press today...

Had 110kg on the bar.... To be fair his form was tight and he did do 10 reps....

LOL!!!!

Only thing was that he only dropped the bar halfway before pushing it back up again.... FAIL !!!!!!

chin ups lol when i started i could do 7 reps, 2 years later i can do 10 reps so i improved 3 reps in 2 years LOL

At the end of 2008, I could do 14 pull ups. In the middle of 2010, I could do 12. Now I can do 8, maybe 10 on a good day. Clearly I'm progressing well on them :(

<><><>

I didn't go to the gym today, but I did do some walking outside to get from point A to point B, and had a magpie hanging around no further than 10m away from me at any given time, constantly trying to swoop me for a stretch of about 8 houses. It was skwarking at me the whole time, too. I was on the way to my pastor's house, had my bible on hand, and was very tempted to do some literal bible bashing. 1,000 page hardcover book to the head....

<><><>

There's an old woman I often see in the gym, who carries around little 1-10kg DBs and does laps of stomping sideways while holding them. I guess I can see how that might be a good(ish) idea for keeping her bones from crumbling, but surely there's better ways of stimulating her bones. I'm hoping that the reason for the exercise is bone health, because if it isn't, then I can't think of anything it might be good for.

Same... Wait till I finish my set, then ask if you can work in with me. I'm a nice guy, I've got no issue with that. But if you interrupt me because you're an impatient knob, I'll make you wait till I'm done. And I can think of all sorts of fun things to keep doing to kill time. Even if it means dropping the weight down so I can do 10-15 sets...

I like your attitude.

Guys doing half a bench press today...

Had 110kg on the bar.... To be fair his form was tight and he did do 10 reps....

LOL!!!!

Only thing was that he only dropped the bar halfway before pushing it back up again.... FAIL !!!!!!

I think every time I've stepped into a normal person gym I have seen that. There was a massive guy that loaded 100+ on the bench and I thought "oh yeah this guy knows what he's doing". 1/4 reps with a spot <_<

I think every time I've stepped into a normal person gym I have seen that. There was a massive guy that loaded 100+ on the bench and I thought "oh yeah this guy knows what he's doing". 1/4 reps with a spot <_<

Isn't that how you bench??? In all honesty it was my tricep day bro.