• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I feel like a dork using the cage for my relatively modest squats, b/o rows and deadlifts, but have to battle through the light weights to earn the body to do the heavy weights.

My point exactly mini, each and every one of us had to start somewhere, i dont see the problem with using the cage for any exercise if it makes the person feel more comfortable....
to zarkov and dancelot does that mean if you want to use pair of dumbells to do bicep curls and some skinny little bloke is using them to do bench press you will tell him to give them to you because he's weak? i dont think so... same goes for any gym equpiment, its there for everyone to use for whatever they wish.... my 2 cents.

Can anyone tell me why people do this????
I saw someone curling in the squat rack once...I really thought it was a myth, some inside joke with online body building forums nerds...but IT'S REAL!:eek:

Are they just too lazy to bend down and pick up a barbell?
I mean seriously, can those people curl more than they can deadlift?
Boggles my mind...

I have done bent over rows in a cage, but there was no one else there!

some synthol **** head doing bench on smith machine with 20kg a side

flat bench

incline
decline

super delcine then dumbell flys..

**** head.

My point exactly mini, each and every one of us had to start somewhere, i dont see the problem with using the cage for any exercise if it makes the person feel more comfortable....
to zarkov and dancelot does that mean if you want to use pair of dumbells to do bicep curls and some skinny little bloke is using them to do bench press you will tell him to give them to you because he's weak? i dont think so... same goes for any gym equpiment, its there for everyone to use for whatever they wish.... my 2 cents.

I think I confused both of us. I was the one who queried doing curls in a cage when there are umpteen other spaces where they could be done safely, whereas traditional cage exercises can't really be done elsewhere.

flat bench

incline
decline

**** head.

WOW, because thats how he trains hes suddenly a ****head?

flat bench

incline
decline

**** head.

WOW, because thats how he trains hes suddenly a ****head?

No because forarms are bigger then his quads and he uses synthol and YES because thats how he trians he is a uber ****head.

very passionate aren't you noobs :p

If you didn't see him talk to anyone, then why call him that?

No he was there with 3 mates on the phone 1 helping him on almost all the lifts and.

Lets replace **** head with moronic idiot..

you guys are too literal..

No he was there with 3 mates on the phone 1 helping him on almost all the lifts and.

what do you expect at fitness first? People to know what they're doing? People to not use the big, shiny, brand new smith
machine? Join a new gym and these moronic idiots become less frequent
Posted via Mobile Device

what do you expect at fitness first? People to know what they're doing? People to not use the big, shiny, brand new smith
machine? Join a new gym and these moronic idiots become less frequent
Posted via Mobile Device

Where do u train bro?

I used to train at fitness first, but not anymore. They are neat, well equipped gyms, however they are also a major Globo gym. It's not surprising new people are attracted to them, and this of course brings with it workouts centered on having fun and a good social experience rather than the most productive workout, which evidently might be to the dismay/comic relief of others more concerned on maximizing their time. Now i train at elite physique in ACT. Found it the best one in terms of loco, facilities, price etc. Nothing against this thread, we've all been new once, and it's funny to take the piss out of new people.

stupid shit i've done:

-Dumbell skullcrushers. Lost control and smacked myself in the face>> black eye for 2 weeks.
-Weighted dips with homemade dip belt (broke uni student) >> belt drags down pants, pants come down half way. Balls and allout. Lucky it was dead at the time.

lol fair enough

fitness first is ok at non-peak times so you don't have to hunt around for bars/weights. Having said that i'd much rather train elsewhere but it'll have to do for now, can't wait till I can afford my own home gym

Stupid things I've done:
Did various types of bicep curls for a 'workout' when starting out

Had one of those crappy 3 'free' sessions with a PT, one of the exercises was dumbbell flys on a medicine ball. So glad I never trained with him after that cause I would've just been wasting money

ACTPL, you should check out Joels gym if your serious about getting strong.

Some of the guys that lift at my comps have been there and give it the thumbs up

Powersports in Canberra

Check it out

You don't understand, and that analogy you came up with isn't even a valid one.

At my gym, there's an entire rack of small barbells weighing from 5 to 50kg for people who need to work out with smaller weights in exercises like curls, standing presses etc. If a guy is not military pressing anything more than 30kg, use those small barbells instead of the rack.

The squat or power rack is for exercises involving much bigger weights like squat or rack pull, which a lifter needs for safety reasons. There are so few racks in every gym that it pisses everyone off when some guy occupies a rack to do exercises that don't need a rack, while others have to wait for no good reason.

Today in my gym, a box and pallet was out the front.

It was my new 64kg kettle bell :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah ill give you that Dancelot, but i dont think the need to bag them out on a forum will help lol, thats all im getting at. if it bothers you just ask them if they can use the other weights? complaining on a forum wont make them move lol

This thread is for ranting about things you see at the gym. Didn't you read the title?

In the actual gym, I walk up, grunt, flex & ask if I could work in. That usually gets them finishing their workout quicker. :p

Not at all.The post that started this all off was asking why someone uses a rack to curl and if they were too lazy to bend down to pick up the bar.
If people need a rack then more power to them.If people use a rack for the sake of it while others are sweating on it it is a pain in the arse.

I am going to buy a gym and ban Channel V music videos that play Michael Frigging Buble and ban people with visible butt crack walking about the place and ban talk of AFL. Bugger me dead, I go in on Tuesdays to avoid the Monday changing the world football commentary and the handful of loud armchair footy fans were still at it. If it's not about Carlton or the potential discovery of nude Ben Cousins photos, I DON'T CARE.

But Mr 300lb Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift was there. In shorts. And a t-shirt. And bending in front of me *swoon*. I may have broken my rule of never perving.