• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I look at it in a more positive way, with the lack of hot chicks, you also get very few douche bag members trying to impress them.

As crap and limited as my gym is, it's still better than joining a Fitness First and having to put up with eleventwenty billion guys posing in front of the mirrors.

There was a guy in there who didnt know what the hell he was doing. Skin head and skinny as a rake. Asked me how to use the pec dec, so i told him and then advised him to do wide grip bench and dips. He told me he is happy to just use the pec dec. He then went on to advise me i should be using a Mixed Grip to deadlift, which i was :confused:

I got a bit vocal on the last couple deadlift reps so he followed it up by grunting loudly for every rep of his pec dec set. Pretty annoying.

After 5 sets of pec dec he went and started doing Cable Cross.

/end rant

Last edited:
I saw my motorbike in pieces, A boxing bag stand in pieces, computers in pieces and some chickens scratching around outside.

I like the sound of the gyms with eye candy though, not sure it would help with lifting but it might help with motivation to go in the first place.

Lol with all the crap that seems to go on in commericial gyms, I think I would go nuts very quickly.

I like having my own.

No one sweating on it.

No one hogging it.

No one distracting me.

No travelling.

No traffic.

No parking.

No fees.

Open 24/7.

My choice of music, or silence.

I can grunt, make funny faces and not have to worry about people thinking I am a total tosspot.

I can wear no top when I sweat.

I can walk straight to my fridge, and have a shake.

I can walk 10 paces to my own shower.

Ah, the joys.

This thread has made me sad because;
  1. My naming skills just aren't original (nicknamed some lads the beach boys), and
  2. The world seems to be full of these misinformed individuals who normally don't want any assistance.

Saw a guy quarter squatting with his heels close together, wobbling badly. He told me he's doing so to work his core harder.

Right.

Was a man-free zone today. Something about a car race being on in Melbourne??? Was going to do a nudie run and hang upside-down from the chin bar, but there's a security camera and the good folk at YouTube won't be wanting that uploaded.

Saw a Mirror Man the other day. One of the biggest chests and sets of biceps I've ever seen on a human, but jack shit in the delts and back department and Mister Shuffles the baby elephant has more developed legs than this dude. Meh. He used the cage to do bicep curls :confused:.

He used the cage to do bicep curls :confused:.

Can anyone tell me why people do this????
I saw someone curling in the squat rack once...I really thought it was a myth, some inside joke with online body building forums nerds...but IT'S REAL!:eek:

Are they just too lazy to bend down and pick up a barbell?
I mean seriously, can those people curl more than they can deadlift?
Boggles my mind...

Can anyone tell me why people do this????
I saw someone curling in the squat rack once...I really thought it was a myth, some inside joke with online body building forums nerds...but IT'S REAL!:eek:

Are they just too lazy to bend down and pick up a barbell?
I mean seriously, can those people curl more than they can deadlift?
Boggles my mind...

I see it all the time at my uni gym. Sadly not a myth.

Another one I hate at my gym is people who do not-so-strict military press with just the bar or bar + some small weights (<40kg total) in the squat rack while there's an entire rack of small barbells from 5kg to 50kg that they could use.

Those guys just like standing in the squat rack to feel HUGE.

I see it all the time at my uni gym. Sadly not a myth.

Another one I hate at my gym is people who do not-so-strict military press with just the bar or bar + some small weights (<40kg total) in the squat rack while there's an entire rack of small barbells from 5kg to 50kg that they could use.

Those guys just like standing in the squat rack to feel HUGE.

YEAH!! Look at me!I am lifting soooo much weight I have to use the rack or if I drop it,it will crash through the floor and on to China!

I saw ambitious builder squatting 6x 220kg ass to grass.

Moved to reverse leg curls, and blew hamstring...

ambitious builder screaming in agony on the floor....

I take out the racks on the bench press and spin them around 180deg for my BB rows, it's the perfect height to rack it once I'm done. Works well, although I'm sure someone here will have a disagree.

YEAH!! Look at me!I am lifting soooo much weight I have to use the rack or if I drop it,it will crash through the floor and on to China!

The last time I dropped a weight in the rack, it didn't even cause windows to rattle in Frankston, let alone Shanghai *cries* :p.

I feel like a dork using the cage for my relatively modest squats, b/o rows and deadlifts, but have to battle through the light weights to earn the body to do the heavy weights.