• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
why do people stare at me? Is it something on my face?

More and more kids my age joining the gym (gotta get ripped for schoolies brah), with a massive ego lifting weights way too much for them. Almost had to save 1 kid nearly killing himself on bench press.

And has anyone ever had someone steal the rack off them. I was waiting for a guy to finish doing bent rows in the power rack. So he finishes, i put my bar back that i was using. look over to the power rack, 2 people are warming up on the power rack!! didn't say anything though because they had no idea i was about to use it.

oh... saw a man and a woman making out at the gym.. wtf save that for the bedroom or at least, outside.

I would have let the bar drop on the kid, then started taking plates off to use for whatever I was doing lol. Sounds like when I failed a stupid hack squat and almost got caught underneath it

Kinda reminds me of something Markos told me when I saw him last Thurs - how at the gym he and Spiros (his brother) used to go to they would take plates off the bench press as the guy was benching LOL

I saw some dude the otherday (the usual werido) who puts his gym cloths on (Short shorts,singlet) has very hairy dirty legs and watches everyone train and copys them.
When he doesn't know what to do he just jogs on the spot and pretends hes skipping with a rope, think hes huge... flexes constantly and looks at himself.
Always eye balling people.. just a tripper.
I see some dude eating a protein bar inbetween his sets, he keeps it in his pocket and takes a bite every set.
Oh, and them two 20 year olds who grunt doing 60kg benchpress and talk about smashing people when you walk passed them.
Asian kid not pulling down his sleeves after doing a shoulder press standing there with bowling ball disease "arms out wide"
Some kid did some Chest Flys and then walks around flexen his traps.
There is some characters at my gym, commercial is always the way to go.
That 60 year old woman who tries to talk to you between sets even tho you got your MP3 going is annoying.

I seen a guy doing bench press last night who was actually lowering the all the way down until it actually touched his neck before he would the press the weight up. Looked very dangerous and very stupid.

Also seen this guy trying to chins. He was struggling like a mofo and managed to do about 3 weird looking half reps. Looked like such a douche... oh wait.. that was me :D

Saw a guy who was mid 20s, a bit chubby, no muscle development to speak of, who put on quite a show.

Act 1: Bounced around between the few guys in the gym who have big shoulders/arms offering to spot for them, after 2-3 reps he would start screaming all the usual catch phrases "all you bro", "cmon get it, GET IIIIIT" and so forth, at the end of their set he would give them the high five or fist bump then find someone else to spot. The spotees were obviously bemused by his actions but humoured him regardless

Act 2: Spent some time inspecting his back/shoulder "development" in the mirror (I should point out I have none either, that is not at issue here)

Act 3: New arrivals at the gym, long and loud conversation about "how they could forget his name"

Act 4: Inspect biceps in mirror

Act 5: Actually picked up a couple of dumbbells, performed 4 reps of something that may have been a fly before dropping them from shoulder hight and screaming with the "exertion"

Act 6: More posing, muttering something about "cut" and "huge"

The only thing missing was some curls in the squat rack.

I wonder if this was performance art? If so, 9/10.

I saw some dude the otherday (the usual werido) who puts his gym cloths on (Short shorts,singlet) has very hairy dirty legs and watches everyone train and copys them.
When he doesn't know what to do he just jogs on the spot and pretends hes skipping with a rope, think hes huge... flexes constantly and looks at himself.
Always eye balling people.. just a tripper.
I see some dude eating a protein bar inbetween his sets, he keeps it in his pocket and takes a bite every set.
Oh, and them two 20 year olds who grunt doing 60kg benchpress and talk about smashing people when you walk passed them.
Asian kid not pulling down his sleeves after doing a shoulder press standing there with bowling ball disease "arms out wide"
Some kid did some Chest Flys and then walks around flexen his traps.
There is some characters at my gym, commercial is always the way to go.
That 60 year old woman who tries to talk to you between sets even tho you got your MP3 going is annoying.

WOW love it, i must know where you train

saw some skinny kid squatting in the smith machine, his knees were caving in badly it was fuckin brutal to watch. another bloke went over and showed him how to do it properly

WOW love it, i must know where you train

Secret ;) are you West side?
Also, Chins are hard man.. only skinny people can do them usually
I see skinny guys who can do 15-30 and they dont even go to the gym.
The lighter you are the easier chins are.
If your legs are to big for your upper then you will struggle no matter what.

Also, Chins are hard man.. only skinny people can do them usually
I see skinny guys who can do 15-30 and they dont even go to the gym.
The lighter you are the easier chins are.
If your legs are to big for your upper then you will struggle no matter what.

Well im 115kg and about 100kg is in my legs :p

Im hoping i can get better at chins when i begin cutting my weight down to 100kg, or atleast look like less of a retard haha.

lol chins, they are shit hahaha i hate when u get to a stage that u get half way up, stick and look like a dick head coz u cant finish it :p

A wise, 90kg, man once told me a story of how his 120kg brother said to him one day that he didn't have to do chin ups as he was too heavy.
The wise man then proceeded to put 30kg on a belt around his waist and perform a full set of 8 from the dead hang.

A dude who used to train at Broadway gym when I was there weighed something like 120kgs and used to absolutely destroy pull ups which are even harder than chins. I was so impressed.

Everyone used to comment on his bench and curls but I was way more impressed with his pull ups. Not just that he could move his huge frame, but the speed and ease he did it with.

It's like any other exercise, work hard and reap the rewards, 2 years ago I couldn't do more than 1 rep, now I'm doing 3x5 +25kg, haven't tested max BW reps but I'm tipping it would be maybe 20.