• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That must the most standard "what I saw at the gym" report listed here.
its my favourite thread, wait in anticipation for something exciting, and it's always "I saw a chick squat" and "I saw a dude who doesn't" :(

Yeah but you don't see many chicks squatting twice bodyweight with great form. Don't see many dudes doing that either......

True and you also don't see hot chicks in light coloured Lycra, shame and disappointing, but it's always black.

saw something bit silly other day or maybe its good i dont know. New to gym guy was squatting in rack then superset it with this weird double handed single DB front swing raise. He would swing the dumbell with 2 arms between his legs and above his head it was all momentum. I think ive seen it in a cross fit vid.

Thought I head to the gym knowing all the bros would be at Stereo. WRONG. They were all in there, getting their guns pumped up! Despite it being packed with kids decked out in fluro gear, the squat rack was free (much to my delight).

Well, I sure learnt my lesson now. Dumbells being so high I thought they were practising uppercuts. Yeah, got to get good with these playing with the bros after 9pm at the festies!

Pair of kunce doing prowlers on an inverted aerobics step with 20kg on it. Points for improvising I guess?

And hot off the press, a guy doing face pulls but it looked more like a standing hip thrust. Leaned way back and swinging his hips like no tomorrow to get the momentum going

Last edited:
He started off with 1 facepull then the arms worked their way down with each rep. By the last one he was trying to hump the rope

Upright rows should target the front of the shoulders. Leaning forward will shift the tension to the traps.

face pulls are great, but i like them at the end of the workout when everything else is fatgiued and usually go higher reps 15-25 rep range