• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't really get why people wear them. To save their hands from callouses or to improve their grip? I'm presuming it's the soft cock hand theory... In which case, just toughen up.
If it's for grip, use chalk or liquid chalk

My hands get slippery from sweat. So it's a good way to stop my grip slipping on weights and machines. Plus everyone thinks they're a hero with hacked up hands. I would rather not have time off on days that calluses tear. At the end of the day, if you've got good results in the gym, no one is asking to see your palms.

If you need to protect your milky white geisha phalanges for your next hand modelling assignment then I recommend them ;)....JK, if it's more comfortable for you then go for it.

I don't really get why people wear them. To save their hands from callouses or to improve their grip? I'm presuming it's the soft cock hand theory... In which case, just toughen up.
If it's for grip, use chalk or liquid chalk

I wear em all the time, keep my hands nice and soft for the ladies, know what I mean?
They make me pull a bit more on back too, calluses have almost dissapeard, don't have to make a mess with chalk and always get a dry grip, I like them.

I like to think I've got pretty soft hands. Never torn a callous and they're not exactly that big. Only little firm patches where you'd expect them to be, not roughed up or anything... No gloves here, occasionally wear them at work. Used to pull a couple of thousand metres of drill pipe with bare hands, that was when they were a little on the rough side.

There's a dude at my gym I see periodically, wears what I believe are fancy golf gloves, or could be NFL football gloves....definitely not lifting gloves....

Not really that expensive, depending on the type you get... I reckon they'd be better than most of the lifting gloves I've seen. Snug fit and good level of grip... May not last too long though

Forgot to pack my gym clothes so had to train squat in denim cargo shorts that were in my car. Basically equipped lifting. Had to use scissors to basically hack them into squatable shorts.

I go through gloves like rear tyres, I tear holes at the palm so I bought this pair 2 months ago with Kevlar palms, supposed to be wear resistant..................DICKS...............kunce are coming apart already.