• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I saw the Flash, kunce was in Lycra red long sleeve top and matching pants, he was just missing the mask and cape.
Not a good look for a bloke, don't understand how he was not embarrassed, I'd feel so naked wearing that but it didn't seem to phase him one bit.

Skin tight shiny red outfit on a bloke, do I need to elaborate further?
Or u getting the (very unpleasant) picture?

Last couple days had way too many people coming to the gym to practice their poses, take photos of each other, and flex in the mirror, for an entire hour in their bikini briefs. I understand they are aspiring to compete soon, but fuark its gay and I'm really sick of seeing it and I know a lot of others are too.

Where do you think they should do it?

As someone who is about to compete in first comp, I was going to practice posing in the group fitness room at my gym as A there are heaps of full length mirrors (unlike my house at home) and B there are people there that actually know what they are doing to help me haha.

(injured powerlifter now doing BB comp)

Routine sheiko bench, the bar rolled/spun abruptly during a rep. The bearings were obviously fucked. One sleeve spun almost infinitely, whilst the other barely spun. Strained my wrist. Hopefully I can milk them for shit upkeep of equipment. Alot of the gear at the gym is dodgy.

Last couple days had way too many people coming to the gym to practice their poses, take photos of each other, and flex in the mirror, for an entire hour in their bikini briefs. I understand they are aspiring to compete soon, but fuark its gay and I'm really sick of seeing it and I know a lot of others are too.

No doubt if they were the bikini or figure girls doing this there would be no complaints....

I'd just set up and do hip thrusts right next to them, alternating perfectly so that your resting when they're thrusting.. that's the ideal perv quality factor.

I seem to be seeing an increasing trend of blokes doing deadlifts off the bottom leg of the rack. Seen it 4 or 5 times over the last couple of weeks, and then they don't even come to a dead stop so they're probably a good 6-10 inches off the floor.

Can't people get down low enough to pick shit up off the ground anymore?

I seem to be seeing an increasing trend of blokes doing deadlifts off the bottom leg of the rack. Seen it 4 or 5 times over the last couple of weeks, and then they don't even come to a dead stop so they're probably a good 6-10 inches off the floor.

Can't people get down low enough to pick shit up off the ground anymore?
No, its so far down and I might have to use my knees. Some might not make it up again if they get that low.

That the one with views of the city? Such an awesome place to train

Nope you are thinking of the Platinum one in the westfield. Forget that place there are more chicks because they are all strippers but its too packed all the time. I prefer my gym it still has pretty girls but less people and actually more equipment.

Nope you are thinking of the Platinum one in the westfield. Forget that place there are more chicks because they are all strippers but its too packed all the time. I prefer my gym it still has pretty girls but less people and actually more equipment.
Ah right actually should have known as I used to work in spring street
Good stuff mate. If you get a chance, check out st Leonard's ff in a month or so. They are having huge renovations apparently and will have over a dozen squat racks
And it's not platinum either
I do miss ff... Nice gyms

Saw a fella yesterday who seemed intent on using the absolute minimal ROM possible. I'm talking 2" max on EVERY movement. I saw him do cable x-over, cable curls, tricep extension, forearm curls and bench in the smith. IDK maybe he is onto something? :p

Saw some old dude doing crunches, but it was 90% his head moving. He's going to have a sore neck tomorrow.

Last edited:
Saw this cat, was wearing what I think were cricket gloves, jump on the leg press each side fully loaded, pump out 3 1/3 ROM presses, lock it and then get up and stretch and shake his legs out like he had to channel Tom Platz to get through his set..

The resident "PT" training thru her lunch break leaving everything she used loaded with plates - bugger all on them but it's the principal. Practice what you breach bitch!