• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Guy squating, perfect form. Went over and spoke to him, used to compete in powerlifting. Gona hook up for a training session, well chuffed

Feel terrible, but I just had to film this, the dude did it set after set.
And since I did film it, I have to share it with the Ausbb kunce.
this guy is a champ, can hook you up if u want him to write you a program.

good chest movement. He's doing inverted rows right?

I'm ready to quit my gym and find a new one.. every day I see more and more people doing stupid/dangerous shit while the PT's just walk straight past them without any kind of correction or guidance. It wouldn't surprise me if those PT's are the ones teaching these people to do the things they're doing.

Just waiting to see somebody slip/herniate a disk... It's only a matter of time lol

EDIT: Not all PT's are incompetent, just the majority that are at my gym.

Last edited:
on the topic of pt's not stepping in

there is this older couple (middle aged mid 40's-50's) who train together and they do "front squats" all the time. i put front squats in quotations because they are not doing it close to right... i watched the husband try to teach his wife how to do them (he cant do them in the first place so i dont know how he thinks he can teach) for starters they are using the pre loaded bars probably using about 15-20kg total weight so he pick up the bar and places it onto the front of her shoulders. but he places it down below the clavicle (if you think where the bottom of the buttons on a polo shirts go to thats about how low the bar was)
she crosses her arms as instructed and holds onto the bar elbows pointing about 45 degrees down. i watch in amazement because i know its not going to work.

sure enough she squats down to about quarter depth all the weight hard onto her toes elbows pointing down and struggling hard to stop the bar from falling away from her and herself going with it, she is on the point of faceplanting, then good mornings the shit out of it to get back up.

the husband congratulates her and encourages her to do more. i cringe and watch on in amazement. i then watch him do a set with the same terrible form and setup with a slightly bigger weight to show how adept he is at the front squat.

makes me rage hard i just want to go over there so bad and offer some advice. now im no olympic squatter but i can front squat ok, hamstrings touching calves with good form and not faceplant so i feel i could be of some service as they are wrong from the very first thing they do and i dont want to see them hurt themselves but its not my place. if i was a PT there i would have no hesitation to go help out.

Saw a PT instruct this woman, she had one foot on a bosu ball and a kettlebell in each hand and was doing some weird squat combination...

Also saw this guy with another PT doing some of those assisted pullups, he was maybe lowering his upper body a few inches and straightening his legs to make them look as if he was doing some actual pull ups

yeah unfortunately this is the norm in most gym which have PTs, I would have thought it be in the PTs best interests to pay attention and correct and help people in the gym and even offer some PT sessions once they have helped a couple of times to go through the full range of exercises or whatever, but it seems more and more are only interested in work given to them from the front desk instead of going out and trying to get new clients.

At my gym, with the exception of one PT (Josh L, who looks insane) they are either chunky ex aerobics chicks or skinny young blokes. No other with evident cridentials where you'd throw your wallet at and say make me look like you, whatever it takes.
most here would, I think, pass up a free offer, as they just don't look impressive enough and experience is questionable, on face value anyway.

At my gym, with the exception of one PT (Josh L, who looks insane) they are either chunky ex aerobics chicks or skinny young blokes. No other with evident cridentials where you'd throw your wallet at and say make me look like you, whatever it takes.
most here would, I think, pass up a free offer, as they just don't look impressive enough and experience is questionable, on face value anyway.

i have passed up a free offer from from the gym when re-signing. aint nobody got time fo dat

Not today but yesterday, I watched a client who struggled to do 10x40kg squats last week do 11x55kg squats. He also struggled to deadlift 10x40kg last week, and yesterday did 10x60kg plus an easy single at 100kg.

Not today but yesterday, I watched a client who struggled to do 10x40kg squats last week do 11x55kg squats. He also struggled to deadlift 10x40kg last week, and yesterday did 10x60kg plus an easy single at 100kg.

Must be roids...

Went this morning and saw a guy struggle with a preset ez bar of about 15 kilos, hips were thrusting, top was swinging, elbows lifting and he only just managed to do it... which was weird cause he wasn't new

Watching blokes training for UFC on foxtel. They were doing hang cleans while standing on a wobble board.

Party trick training if you ask me. I can't see how that would help anyone.

Watching blokes training for UFC on foxtel. They were doing hang cleans while standing on a wobble board.

Party trick training if you ask me. I can't see how that would help anyone.

Functional training duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a guy this morning doing dumbell front raises. He wouldn't even get his arms parallel to the floor, he was getting the dumbells a quarter of the way up, it looked rediculous. Then he moves on to side lateral raises and does the same thing.

Holy fucking shit, saw the funniest ass whooping at the gym the other day.

Ok, ill try and paint a dexent picture. The head owner or whatever (arrogant wanker fitness type dude owner of genesis fitness clubs or whatever) was installing a new squat rack/dodgy crossfit rig with another personal trainer and some other random who looked like they had no idea what they were doing. They were also using a grinder in a poorly ventilated gym smoking out the barbell/squat rack area where I was training, so fucking my shit up royally, luckily I was in the end of my session. Anyway, they installed this waste of money law suit making pullup bar...

flying-pullup-1_2.jpg

...and so the head owner dude decides to test it out, doing jumping pullups from bar to bar all the way to the top. Gets to the top bar and BAM, he hadn't tightened the top bar in place, it slips out, he comes hurtling to the floor horizontally and crashes so hard on his back onto the carpeted concrete floor. I saw the whole thing in the mirror, chin, chin, chin, baaaaang. Must have hammered/broke/jarred his wrist hard too, spent the next 20 minutes I was there clutching it trying to pretend he was fine. Spoke to the girls and gym manager at reception as I was leaving and they had been watching it over and over again on the security footage pissing themselves. They're not a fan of him either, hahaha.

ga2e5e4a.jpg

Bars locked in this rack so they can't be used when the staff aren't in the gym.

It's actually a pretty good gym but they recently went 24 hrs and I guess they don't want people to pin themselves under a failed bench/squat when no one else is around to save them.

It's actually a pretty good gym but they recently went 24 hrs and I guess they don't want people to pin themselves under a failed bench/squat when no one else is around to save them.

As long as they have cameras to put it on YouTube where's the problem?