• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Front squats are fine outside the rack. If you feel yourself about to faint drop the bar forward and fall backwards. You see he went a bit wobbly and tried to hold on to it.

Spotters are a waste of time so I'm not sure why he had a bloke spotting him from behind the second time.

Also he didn't faint from not breathing. Front squats are great at cutting the blood flow off to the brain if you position it wrong.

When I've fainted from shit like that I normally feel myself doing weird convulsions before I come too. Lol.

strong young lifter. I think I competed against him at PTC five lift comp.

180kg front squat is impressive for any bodyweight.

Very strong guy. Lifted with him in gpc nats.

Also spiros is probably the best spot on the planet. Lol. Ive failed max back squats with him spotting and barely dropped an inch before being caught ha ha

Rear spotted at capo and gpc nats.

Tim.

Very strong guy. Lifted with him in gpc nats.

Also spiros is probably the best spot on the planet. Lol. Ive failed max back squats with him spotting and barely dropped an inch before being caught ha ha

Rear spotted at capo and gpc nats.

Tim.

Back squats different. Front squats, I don't know how anyone could or why you would spot from the back.

Actually Oly guys do get spotter in training. :)

Hes only there to attempt to assist if the same thing happens. Which to me is pretty, as he is not at all in the regular spot position. :)

Tim.

All this spotting on the platform around the lifter is stupid
You don't see 6 guys hanging around an Olympic lifter

In the squat....

I don't understand the concept of a bloke standing behind with his arms around the squatters waist and squatting with him.

When I'm assisting a squatter, I have my hands placed on the bar, next to his shoulders.

My feeling is; When grabbing the torso you are not grabbing the problem.

My guess is to just give that bit of a hand to lift the weight.

When I try and work near max lifts and go for a new rep pr on the bench I get my daughter of missus to spot me, there is no way they can even lift half the weight of what I bench, but they can take enough of the weight to let me complete the last rep.

Re being safer outside the cage :confused: sounds like BS to me,the cage catches the bar before it lands on you no matter what, I can see that a cage is not 100% needed with front squats, but when he fainted it certainly was. Would only be pure luck he was not seriously injured.

In the squat....

I don't understand the concept of a bloke standing behind with his arms around the squatters waist and squatting with him.

When I'm assisting a squatter, I have my hands placed on the bar, next to his shoulders.

My feeling is; When grabbing the torso you are not grabbing the problem.

Have fun spotting 200kg with that technique. You wont be much help at all.

Tim.

Quality reply

Forgive me big guy. Big night last night, im quite edgy this morning. :p

I do see what you are saying, but when im rear spotting, I am supporting the entire upper body and assisting the lifter to finish the rep. There is no way im gunna grab the bar from a tall lifter. The shirt midgets like [MENTION=9034]kaz[/MENTION]; I do spot this way though. But thats only because she is so short that her low squat bar path follows something similar to my deadlift. :p

Tim.

Re being safer outside the cage :confused: sounds like BS to me,the cage catches the bar before it lands on you no matter what, I can see that a cage is not 100% needed with front squats, but when he fainted it certainly was. Would only be pure luck he was not seriously injured.
that's what I was wondering.. with the safeties in the rack, you have more clearance between bar and ground..
outside rack, if shit goes wrong, you only have half the height of the plates, in which to fit your spine/limb length?
then again, i'm overly safety conscious... :D

Yeah I know I find it hard to watch some of these. It looks like some of those people were hurt bad or could have been killed.

I have been in a Spotting situation where the spotter grabbed my side boobs when I started to fail....