• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
saw some dudes constructing 2 pyramids with palaty (sp?) board things with a plank connecting each pyramid just to do lying on your stomach rows? I don't know what it was.. very confusing.. and taking up valuable floor space.. I'll have to take a pic next time.

lol. Yeah, cos picking up a DB or BB and rowing it is the peasant's way of working the back. I can imagine guys like that going "yeah brah, it's the only way to super isolate the lower traps and get ripped like a mofo" followed by "totally man. My mate does it and he benches 435KG"

I was in the gym, doing standing barbell military presses, and all the while I was screaming "Arnold, Arnold, Arnold!!!" with every rep, cos im gonna burn that big bitch this olymipia.
When this stubby fuzzy haired lookin dude walks in and starts doing 7kg dumbell curls right behind me. Man we all just cracked up it was the funniest thing.

What kind of work site doesn't have a gym at their accomodation? That's pretty poor.

There was an article in The West Australian today about how overweight and unhealthy shift/FIFO workers are. I'm sure it wouldn't cost a bomb to provide one.

Cost to benefit is low, only people who use it are the ones who would go to a gym anyway and the biggest one of them all is insurance. Working out at a work provided gym means your employer is liable for anything that happens. They tend to not like that very much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brisbane City Council has an amazing set up gym at their offices according to cousins that work there. But dave's right, marginal cost far outweighs marginal benefit in most cases.

Seen a scene out of pumping iron! Me squating. Abother guy doing heavy shoulder press. My girl friend squating.... Then a fat dude doing bicep curls with 5 kg weights. He then went on to do bench press 40 kg pumped out 2 sets of four then finished. Should we talk to these people and help them? Or do you just let them go?
Posted via Mobile Device

Seen her on the weekend at my gym

forscutt-2.jpg

I let em go. Not worth the time really. Just stand and laugh inside.
Knowing at the beach you look better this summer. :D

You would be laughed out by now wouldn't you? It could also be funny if I told him about this site and I said join and and post your mass bulk routine... Then he would also learn AND we would get a laugh
Posted via Mobile Device

Seen her on the weekend at my gym

forscutt-2.jpg
definitely my oz celebrity roo* if had a choice lol

check these videos out, pretty funny, sounds like some of these "guys" are at your gyms...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnstNnqYp2M[/ame]

Friday was a good night. Helped spot an old powerlifting vet do 305kg Partial Squats. Apparently holds/held a few NT and Aus Records and there's a picture or two of him at the Gym during meets etc. He was also doing 180kg for ATG triples before hand. All this was done barefoot in boardies wearing a baggy tee. Awesome.

Last night was sweet as well. More of a surprise than anything. One of the younger Greek boys did 3-4 Bench singles. Yeah nothing new there, BUT! He was using a respectable weight. 140kg. I think he has to weigh around the 80-85kg mark. Was TnG, no pause or anything but a genuine chest touch, with very little bounce, if any. A couple of the bigger Greek lads had a crack at it too. They all failed. That was funny.

Most of the Greeks I knew in my area are just massive before even stepping into the gym. 6 foot 100kg plus at 17 years old lol dammit so envious
Posted via Mobile Device

Most of the Greeks I knew in my area are just massive before even stepping into the gym. 6 foot 100kg plus at 17 years old lol dammit so envious
Posted via Mobile Device

You must have got all the tall greek guys, most I know are short asses beside my friend and his brother (6'6 and 6'3)

Oh. I was 90~kg in year 10, so I was about 14-15. Around 6"1-2. So most of them aren't that big comparitively. I will say all of them are well built guys and have fun when they train. They just don't train for anything in particular.

They have started squatting properly now though, no more smith machine.

And to keep it on track, the most awesome thing I saw and probably will see for a while is a 60+ year old feller. Literally twice as wide as me, Benching 220kg for reps. He's apparently well known around these parts and my old man knows him, for the life of me I can't remember his name. Poor Bungy that had to spot him. Hilarious.