• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
All the seasoners are in the gym at the moment, Bro curl city at the moment, only a few weeks until they go back to their normal lives!

Saw a guy doing knee bends with 100kg (obviously too much for him as he dropped to 80kg for subsequent sets)...

Saw a couple of bro's doing decline bench press, or maybe it was actually a supported rack pull for the 'spotter' ... And I actually heard the worlds 'It's all you"!... 3 reps of nominally 100kg decline.

Saw a guy doing knee bends with 100kg (obviously too much for him as he dropped to 80kg for subsequent sets)...

Saw a couple of bro's doing decline bench press, or maybe it was actually a supported rack pull for the 'spotter' ... And I actually heard the worlds 'It's all you"!... 3 reps of nominally 100kg decline.

When the beads of sweat are dripping from the spotter, thats not a good sign, mwahahahahaha

I was squatting this morning & a male PT walked over when I was on my final set of 60kg squats & said "Your form is really good, but squatting is so dangerous, you should leave it to the Powerlifters & just try db lunges & squats as a woman"

As. A. Woman.??????????????

WTF?

I couldn't even speak.

Was speechless :/

shoulda picked him up, thrown him on your shoulders, squatted him for 20 then pile drived him into the floor screaming "this is my gym bitch!!!"

Cardio sessions at my gym are a killer. They start off with the 'New Idea" then the "Womans Day" and you finish with the "Cosmopolitan"
3.JPG

Two squat racks. One was take. With some bros curling in it and the other was taken with a dude doig crunches in it. That's why I'm buying my own gear and doing it at home.

In the gym today i saw this guy (me) doing UDLs for the first time. Afterwards he stumbled like a newborn deer trying to take its first steps

I saw a dude who looked like he shouldn't be giving advice to anybody, trying to train a chick, the worst being squats in the Smith machine with her feet at least 2 feet out in front of her, more like a hack squat, with about 6 inches ROM...
What was worse was he said it was better than doing them free weight...

You do need your feet in front of the bar on a smith, not 2 feeet but definately in front.

Precisely. It drives me mad when people suggest that you should treat it like a regular squat when considering feet placement. The weight needs to be directly above your feet - weight implying a force. Since the Smith typically has a few degrees rake on it, the bar travel (and thus direction of force) has no choice but to mirror this. If you want your feet to be anywhere close to 'under the weight', they need to be forward, approximately where the bar would hit the deck, w/ no stoppers.

Having said that, I haven't squat in the smith rack for quite a few months now, so it's something of a 'moo' point for me.