• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The top bicep exercise according to a study.

I don't mind doing GVT style cables with the bar as a finisher. 10 reps, 10 sec rest, drop one plate at a time till you do 10 sets. Wicked pump by the end

I haven't done the lying cables either. Feel like a douche pulling a bench over to the cables for some reason

From what I see, the brachialis is the contributing factor to the results of the tests.

All things being equal, the barbell curl is the real deal, along with chin-ups

I thought incline curls were decent... Will change to concentration curls i think.

I think the trick is to find exercises that isolate the biceps best. For some people, incline curls incorporate too much front delt. I know when doing concentration curls you really have to focus on keeping upright and not hunching over otherwise the shoulders will start doing some of the work. Like squats, everyone has different size levers and body shapes, so no one exercise will work best for everyone.

Like others have said, you don't need to purely isolate the biceps. I find they get a good workout during pull ups and underhand rows.

I find I bring the forearm and shoulder in more when I'm having a pull....wait, what?!

Also concur with the gruntster, pump dem gunz!

Disagree. There is proven knowledge and tradition. And a lot of tradition has only become such because it was studied and proven. And anyway, given the choice between anecdotal evidence and scientific study, I take science every time. You just have to learn how to interpret it.

These students used a machine to sense electrical pulses to determine muscle activation, woo pee fuken doo.
Kunce like Arnold built biceps bigger than these kunces have quads, cos the figured out why makes them grow.