• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The problem with Crossfit

It's more like church: plenty of nice folks there. But the ones who are too into it are fucking creepy.

This hits the nail on the head, there are some crazys that swear by paleo and wear there crossfit shirts and nano's everywere, but you get them in every sport,
I've put on nearly 8kg of Lean muscle on since starting crossfit and not a single injury, can't be to bad for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have seen of cross fit training it's a disaster waiting to happen, OK for the younger crowd, but if you start cross fit at 17 and keep doing it for the long term, you won't be walking/moving well at 45.

Plus I get a bit tired of the cross fitters at work going on about muscle ups, and double unders and all this other crap :rolleyes:

I

From what I have seen of cross fit training it's a disaster waiting to happen, OK for the younger crowd, but if you start cross fit at 17 and keep doing it for the long term, you won't be walking/moving well at 45.

Plus I get a bit tired of the cross fitters at work going on about muscle ups, and double unders and all this other crap :rolleyes:

I

Since doing crossfit I have acquired some new Facebook friends from it and some of there profiles are literally head to toe crossfit, one of the bigger crossfit pages put up a question "is crossfit exercise or your life?" 90% went with Life, there are some nutters doing it, but most are pretty cool,

I find crossfit less taxing on the body then MMA was, I has a fucked AC join which put me out of action for 9 month which has healed up but left me with arthritis in my shoulder, I have no trouble with kipping pullups, but the butterfl y pullups hurt, which even our couch agrees should be banned due to the high risk of injury, anyway thats my 2cents

most high paced sports are bad for injurys, take MMA for instance, locked in a cage trying to break each others limbs or knock them out, no one ever winges about the injury aspect, even football players have fucked knees by the time they hit 20(half brain dead by 40), everyone who does crossfit are well aware of the risk, it just seems its the people who dont do it are the ones worried about it

most high paced sports are bad for injurys, take MMA for instance, locked in a cage trying to break each others limbs or knock them out, no one ever winges about the injury aspect, even football players have fucked knees by the time they hit 20(half brain dead by 40), everyone who does crossfit are well aware of the risk, it just seems its the people who dont do it are the ones worried about it

Mate thats with everything as most people always think it will not happen to them. I did years of full contact Karate as well a Thai Boxing (even trained overseas in the US and Thailand), and it's hard on your body and I sill suffer from injuries today.

People that do steroids don't think they will drop dead at 40, people that smoke think they will be the ones that will be OK, people speeding think they won't crash, people robbing servos think they won't get caught etc etc

Cross Fitters think they will be OK:p

I think what makes people who don't do it not like it is the way they carry on, they constantly wear the gear, and look like they are coming from the gym, when they are not, they carry on about their callouses, and scraped knees like badges of honour, just train and be happy don't keep going on about it.

I don't go to work telling everyone what reps and weights and PB's I did the previous day:confused:

Mate thats with everything as most people always think it will not happen to them. I did years of full contact Karate as well a Thai Boxing (even trained overseas in the US and Thailand), and it's hard on your body and I sill suffer from injuries today.

People that do steroids don't think they will drop dead at 40, people that smoke think they will be the ones that will be OK, people speeding think they won't crash, people robbing servos think they won't get caught etc etc

Cross Fitters think they will be OK:p

I think what makes people who don't do it not like it is the way they carry on, they constantly wear the gear, and look like they are coming from the gym, when they are not, they carry on about their callouses, and scraped knees like badges of honour, just train and be happy don't keep going on about it.

I don't go to work telling everyone what reps and weights and PB's I did the previous day:confused:

I get what you mean, I don't care if someone gets there first muscle up, lol, but casual gym goers are no better with there changing room selfies ect, pants down showing off there quads, doesn't mean they all do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what you mean, I don't care if someone gets there first muscle up, lol, but casual gym goers are no better with there changing room selfies ect, pants down showing off there quads, doesn't mean they all do it

Might be a generational thing, plenty of tossers in every sport.

I remember doing Karate, and you used to get these weird guys starting, they were white belts and usually no hopers, bought all the gear, wearing their uniform to the shops, wearing martial arts t shirts everywhere, punching and kicking everything that moves etc etc, :p

Haha mick, I remember those guys also! There were atleast 10 of them in our training group of 30 odd. :p

Tim.

I used to rag on crossfit pretty badly. Recently I've spent more time with some pretty decent crossfitters (though it's probably better to describe them as power lifters who crossfit) and I've been some what enlightened to the concept.

When programmed by someone who knows what they are doing then it really can be a great way of training. I think the Olympic lifts might be asking too much of a lot of average people though I think everyone can get there after learning how to actually move first. Having said that I think crossfit has pretty much saved the sport of Olympic lifting.

I also think the mobility and movement info coming out of KStar and the like is awesome.

PTC Canberra
http://www.ptccanberra.com.au

I used to rag on crossfit pretty badly. Recently I've spent more time with some pretty decent crossfitters (though it's probably better to describe them as power lifters who crossfit) and I've been some what enlightened to the concept.

When programmed by someone who knows what they are doing then it really can be a great way of training. I think the Olympic lifts might be asking too much of a lot of average people though I think everyone can get there after learning how to actually move first. Having said that I think crossfit has pretty much saved the sport of Olympic lifting.

I also think the mobility and movement info coming out of KStar and the like is awesome.

PTC Canberra
PTC Canberra (Performance Training Centre)

There is no doubt that crossfit has introduced the barbell to many, many people, something Bob Hoffman would have dreamed of.

The Olympic lifts are good to the average tyro to a certain point, we know the concept of diminishing returns.
A problem for crossfit, but happy not to try and solve it.

I stand by my point that crossfit are money driven, quit happy to keeps its focus on keeping new and fresh customers coming through the door.

There is no doubt that crossfit has introduced the barbell to many, many people, something Bob Hoffman would have dreamed of.

The Olympic lifts are good to the average tyro to a certain point, we know the concept of diminishing returns.
A problem for crossfit, but happy not to try and solve it.

I stand by my point that crossfit are money driven, quit happy to keeps its focus on keeping new and fresh customers coming through the door.

It appears Rippetoe shares your sentiment about it being money driven. He released this article yesterday.
http://www.t-nation.com/training/crossfit-the-good-bad-and-the-ugly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk