• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Haven't gone beyond the 140kg squat yet, but I'm now doing sets of 90kg bench, and have actually pulled 180kg IRL, not just in theory. :D

Slow and steady.

You made that look easy :) I enjoyed your laugh as you reached the top.

Thanks mate. It wasn't to hard, I think I'll take that as a 2nd at states next Saturday.

What knee wraps are you wearing?
Why did you switch from the iron z's?

THP's.
I use Iron Z's most training sessions, but THP's 2 weeks out.

I will be switching to Pro-Power II's after states though.

Thanks mate. It wasn't to hard, I think I'll take that as a 2nd at states next Saturday.

THP's.
I use Iron Z's most training sessions, but THP's 2 weeks out.

I will be switching to Pro-Power II's after states though.

Thanks. Why do you use different wraps? Are they getting stiffer the closer you get to competition?

My PR for today was 190kg for a decent double. Had 3 MAYBE 4 in me. Very stiff bar so with the Texas deadlift bar I'm hoping for 210-215kg in my meet. I'll be opening at 190kg

THP's are way to uncofortable to use for 15-20 set sessions..... Which are common.

Inzers are perfect for all round use, Ive even used them in comps.

The pro-power II's are great, they will kill THP's, but again, only for big singles and you need 2 people to wrap your knees.

Thanks this makes sense now
I find equipment so complicated, I hate training in anything more than a belt lol. Only wrap up for 1-2 sets close to comp

Whoops, my bad.... Bench.. I might go for a slightly heavier 1RM but will have to wait until im training with my usual training partner..

I hit a 1kg Pr on raw squat back at the raw nationals and a 1kg pr on total. Hard to get excited, but I had a bad prep so I guess I'll bank it.

90x5 paused bench this past thursday.
all clean. all paused. massive grin on my face as the 5th rep went up like the others. :p