• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hit 3 PBs over last weekend at the GPC NSW States at 74.1kg BW

Squat - 221kg (182.5kg)
Deadlift - 235kg (221kg)
Total - 585kg (540kg)

I'm expecting bigger numbers at Nats. Should hopefully total over 600 @ 75.

Good stuff mate, thats some big weight.

Yesterday I got 2x5x140kg on deadlift (hook grip). The heaviest I'd ever gotten for 5 reps before this was 1x5x137.5kg with a mixed grip. Happy days.

Good news, I hit a couple more PB's on chest day today. Only about 2kg off benching my body weight for the first time (for reps)

Bench Press:
70kg x 10

Cable Fly's:
25kg (Each side) x 10 / 10

Good news, I hit a couple more PB's on chest day today. Only about 2kg off benching my body weight for the first time (for reps)

Bench Press:
70kg x 10

Cable Fly's:
25kg (Each side) x 10 / 10

Awesome work. I hit a similar PB a few weeks back and am now consistently benching a few kg's over my bodyweight for reps. Its a good feeling!

Awesome work. I hit a similar PB a few weeks back and am now consistently benching a few kg's over my bodyweight for reps. Its a good feeling!

Well done bro :) I'm really looking forward to it -Not long to go now.

I'm starting a phase of strength training as of next week and im very confident ill be benching above my body weight come the end of that but keep an eye out in here as ill be posting up as soon as i do...

70kg push press today
Triceps strength is definitely improving. All my pressing exercises are up- apart from my bench which ironically was why I was strengthening the triceps in the first place

70kg push press - YouTube

I don't even notice music
I've tried my iPod but the music I like gets me too amped up

Ok so with this exact thread in mind i had to put the "Can i do it" question that had been in niggling at me all week to rest before starting 5 / 3 / 1 this week...

Hit 3 sets x 10 @ 72.5kg - A few hundred grams above bodyweight..

Absolutely stoked :)

230kg. Not bad at all.
I don't even notice music
I've tried my iPod but the music I like gets me too amped up

I'm the same. Music that I like gets me focused on the music, which takes my mind away from actually lifting the weights, even if the music would intuitively be fitting for lifting. It becomes too much of a distraction, so I generally shut out the music when I'm lifting.