• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Decided to do a little 1RM testing yesterday after missing 1 x 150kg (2 x BW) deadlift during the week.

Having never tested these before and with BW @ approx 75kg, 1RM's now lie at:

Deadlift: 150kg
Bench: 110kg
Squat: 130kg

Not massive numbers or a huge total but seeing as i dont usually train for strength nor am i a PL aiming for numbers im pretty happy with those results :)

good stuff mackie!

that bench is good...

Thanks Timeah, i was pretty happy with it. Squat should be better again soon also, will test again in a week or so, probably go for 140 or 150 depending on how i feel on the day...

Bench press 2x90kg today, quick pause on chest. Old PB was 1x90kg, and not with competition form.

Nice triple, lol. I looked at your log, you're getting close to 100kg on bench. Do you think you do enough volume though?

Nice triple, lol. I looked at your log, you're getting close to 100kg on bench. Do you think you do enough volume though?

At the moment I'm almost certain that I don't. I've had a recent shoulder injury, so working the bench (plus assistance exercises) around rehab without reinjuring myself is a fine balance. I went rock climbing last week, and that proved to be more than I should have put my shoulder through. After competition on the 27th I'll be able to drop the weight and increase the volume.

The last inch was a real bitch
Basically at knee level I seem to lose my speed completely lol
Lots of deadlifting volume with pauses at mid shin hopefully I can hit 215 at my next meet later this month. I'll hit 230+ at nationals for sure