• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
We've established that there are a range of factors that contribute to any person carrying out these acts. The accessibility to certain types of weapons is one of these factors.

Again just relax on the easy target. If there were no guns tomorrow it won't make a difference to these radicals. Just change to the next means to kill people. Banning the method is avoiding the issue. You can't ban every method of causing terror.

And I've already said I believe the states should have some increased restrictions and checks on buying guns but it's not going to solve this issue.

the one thing that baffels me is that people say we should have US style gun laws in australia, because the laws clearly work there dont they?? i mean fuck me, open your eyes lol

exactly, even knives have another purpose than killing. guns have only one purpose and one alone, unless you count "target shooting" or some bullshit argument

and even then, you only need to make it harder to get them and to limit the availability of automatic, semi automatic and handguns.

Again just relax on the easy target. If there were no guns tomorrow it won't make a difference to these radicals. Just change to the next means to kill people. Banning the method is avoiding the issue. You can't ban every method of causing terror.

And I've already said I believe the states should have some increased restrictions and checks on buying guns but it's not going to solve this issue.

If you go back and read that I am agreeing, and saying that accessibility to firearms is a contributing factor.

no one is debating that you can use other tools to inflict damage on people. but a gun makes it far easier and more effective, which is the problem.

for years pro gun people have said "you could use a truck or car instead of a gun", well looks like someone took the hint!

Fine! Take our knives. I can eat peanut butter with my fingers!

3203444300000578-3483248-Yum_This_toddler_above_liked_peanut_butter_so_much_he_shared_it_-a-50_1457527781673.jpg

also the US evolved from slavery so i dont see why they cant do it with this. im sure at one point chaining up negro's was a god given right

If you go back and read that I am agreeing, and saying that accessibility to firearms is a contributing factor.

I'm saying its a contributing factor to terror acts with guns. Limit guns and it just changes the number killed with guns but not the total killed by terror acts. It just moves the problem to something else, won't solve it. Like I said. Not theory, it's already happening.

Guns is focusing on the wrong issue. It's further up the chain.

I'm saying its a contributing factor to terror acts with guns. Limit guns and it just changes the number killed with guns but not the total killed by terror acts. It just moves the problem to something else, won't solve it. Like I said. Not theory, it's already happening.

Guns is focusing on the wrong issue. It's further up the chain.

Yep. Ok. I understand what you're saying. There is no 'cure all', a range of actions have to be employed including treating the underlying cause of disenfranchisement or radicalisation and gun control. You seem to be talking specifically about terrorism too, I'm talking more broadly about firearm deaths in general. Firearms have almost the greatest potential for killing large amounts of people rapidly and efficiently. If using firearms wasn't an option mortality rates would drop significantly. Be glad explosives aren't as easily accessible.

Yep. Ok. I understand what you're saying. There is no 'cure all', a range of actions have to be employed including treating the underlying cause of disenfranchisement or radicalisation and gun control. You seem to be talking specifically about terrorism too, I'm talking more broadly about firearm deaths in general. Firearms have almost the greatest potential for killing large amounts of people rapidly and efficiently. If using firearms wasn't an option mortality rates would drop significantly. Be glad explosives aren't as easily accessible.

It's because I am talking about terrorism acts. It's hard enough discussing one issue at a time on a forum let alone multiple.

Again it depends. Someone wanting to kill a large amount of people a gun may not be the most deadly. We have just seen that in France. There is no evidence to suggest restricting guns will reduce deaths by terrorism. I'm guessing France has much tighter gun laws that the states.

Focusing on the method is chasing your tail. It's a difficult topic with no easy solution so people just say guns to sound smart.

Last edited:
Focusing on the method is chasing your tail. It's a difficult topic with no easy solution so people just say guns to sound smart.

Focusing on the method is as essential as treating the underlying cause as a means of prevention of these sorts of events.

Hasn't worked so far.

Lol ok. Saying that because these events do occur prevention is a failure is ridiculous. I would bet that for every event that occurs there are a dozen that are prevented. Even in the media the number of plots foiled is far greater than the number perpetrated successfully, let alone the ones we don't hear about, which would be the vast majority. But hey, you're right. The worlds intelligence and security services might as well just go on holiday because they're obviously just pissing into the wind.

Who knows maybe rather than changing tact like they have always been doing. The future terrorists will say oh shit, there are some truck bollards up and some slightly stricter guns laws. I give up.

Who knows maybe rather than changing tact like they have always been doing. The future terrorists will say oh shit, there are some truck bollards up and some slightly stricter guns laws. I give up.

er umm Bazza. This a thread about killings in America, not terrorism. Terror in Nice is other thread.