• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Was it on here that someone posted the study that holding a gun gives a person a sense of power and an increase in Testosterone. Like a whimps thrill.

Was it on here that someone posted the study that holding a gun gives a person a sense of power and an increase in Testosterone. Like a whimps thrill.

its all about the ego boost for insecure people.
[MENTION=16675]bozodos[/MENTION] do you even partake in any form of martial arts/self defence training seeing you are so concerned with personal saftey?

The thread has pretty much reached it's end so in parting,

No there isn't anything about boosting one's ego by carrying a self defense firearm. Perhaps for some people, I don't see it like that.

I'm not that worried [MENTION=16903]Johnnie Walker[/MENTION]; I train to be strong and I try to avoid putting myself in situations that would require it. If I was really paranoid I could train at Krav Maga but IMO fighting is ineffective and from what I have seen there is no such thing as a fair (or 1 on 1) fight these days anyway. The actual best defense would be to practise running away.

lol [MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION];

The trade off of having a society where firearms are as accessible and ingrained into social identity as a right as America, is that you will have events like what we have seen there in recent days, weeks months, years.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there'd be more Trucks in the U.S. than France Baz.

Point being guns are the easy target at the moment but it's avoiding the actual problem.

If you are willing to die so you can kill some people banning certain guns isn't going to make a difference.

Can't get a gun. Drive a truck into a crowd. Security on getting trucks increases. Drive a car into a crowd.

Look at planes. Fly planes into buildings. Security increases, so just blow up crowds before security.

Before anyone gets upset. I'm not saying the there shouldn't be some greater checks and limits on guns in states but it isn't going to solve the current problem.

Guns are by far the most concealable, transportable, efficient and effective means tho 'their' ends. Yes there are other options, but to say gun control is the flavor of the month is nearsighted and oversimplifying the issue.

Trucks, planes, trains and automobiles are somewhat of a necessity. Guns are not, unless you are in law enforcement, military, pest control etc.

I heard one so called expert say that bollards could have prevented this massacre in Nice. Does this mean that world wide, all of these public gatherings will now be only held behind 'Truck proof' bollards?

Blaming guns is oversimplifying the issue. For most people a truck or even a car and a crowd of people is likely to be just as or even more deadly.

This is not theory. It's already happening.

Last edited:
Trucks, planes, trains and automobiles are somewhat of a necessity. Guns are not, unless you are in law enforcement, military, pest control etc.

Probably the most valid point in reinforcing the fact that there are no parallels to be drawn between trucks and firearms. Take all firearms out of the hands of civilians and what's the effect? Now do the same with trucks...

I heard one so called expert say that bollards could have prevented this massacre in Nice. Does this mean that world wide, all of these public gatherings will now be only held behind 'Truck proof' bollards?

Guns are not getting banned. They aren't even banned here. You can get a gun if you want one.

Are we going to go down the path of banning everything that is not necessary.

Truck proof bollard. Like the planes it just moves the issue outside the security.

Blaming guns is oversimplifying the issue. For most people a truck or even a car and a crowd of people is likely to be just as or even more deadly.

This is not theory. It's already happening.

We've established that there are a range of factors that contribute to any person carrying out these acts. The accessibility to certain types of weapons is one of these factors.

The thread has pretty much reached it's end so in parting,

No there isn't anything about boosting one's ego by carrying a self defense firearm. Perhaps for some people, I don't see it like that.

I'm not that worried @Johnnie Walker; I train to be strong and I try to avoid putting myself in situations that would require it. If I was really paranoid I could train at Krav Maga but IMO fighting is ineffective and from what I have seen there is no such thing as a fair (or 1 on 1) fight these days anyway. The actual best defense would be to practise running away.

lol @spartacus;

so why the hell do you need a gun seeing you claim its for protection???

exactly, even knives have another purpose than killing. guns have only one purpose and one alone, unless you count "target shooting" or some bullshit argument