• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Doesn't get any more moronic than that, the man has more respect for the gun than his own son.

No it's the fact that his moment of absolute fucking stupidity has cost his son's life. He took responsibility for that rather than saying wah wah guns etc. The mind boggles that he was that stupid to use the hand holding the firearm to fish for the case that went down the back of his shirt.

"The gun didn’t kill my boy. I did. Every round in the gun is your responsibility. When it fires you need to stand to account for it it. That’s what I’ve spent the last two days doing, accounting for my operating error."
[MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; i'm not sure how that relates to the NRA running gun safety classes for kids.

Statistically, shooting is one of the safest sports you can do. Can only speak from my personal experience, but safety is absolutely paramount above all else.

No it's the fact that his moment of absolute fucking stupidity has cost his son's life. He took responsibility for that rather than saying wah wah guns etc. The mind boggles that he was that stupid to use the hand holding the firearm to fish for the case that went down the back of his shirt.

"The gun didn’t kill my boy. I did. Every round in the gun is your responsibility. When it fires you need to stand to account for it it. That’s what I’ve spent the last two days doing, accounting for my operating error."
@Repacked; i'm not sure how that relates to the NRA running gun safety classes for kids.

Statistically, shooting is one of the safest sports you can do. Can only speak from my personal experience, but safety is absolutely paramount above all else.
Statistically? Which statistics are these? And now we are calling it a sport, it's not a sport.
Here's what I see, debating a gun owner or sympathiser is no different to debating religious dogma or a political activist, they make their mind up and then look for excuses to back up or justify their view.

irrational fear of guns? bahahaha, still waiting for a single post of yours not to be complete missguided bullshit. dunno what fucking planet you live on but its not this one.

Statistically? Which statistics are these? And now we are calling it a sport, it's not a sport.
Here's what I see, debating a gun owner or sympathiser is no different to debating religious dogma or a political activist, they make their mind up and then look for excuses to back up or justify their view.

That guy killed his son whilst shooting targets at a range. SPORT SHOOTING.

Sport shooting is one of the safest sports by injury rate both as a total and proportionally in the US and here, which is why I mentioned it as such. A man killed his son due to his recklessness participating in an otherwise safe and controlled sport, in an accident.

I'm dogged about it because it dosen't matter how much factual based evidence and points I put across, it gets ignored for selective anecdotes and ad hominem based emotional responses, or personal attacks.

America has serious social issues, however guns aren't the problem despite often being the tool used, and that's backed by figures such as the inverse correlation between firearm ownership amounts and firearm homicides (based on the FBI violent crime stats), and the lack of correlation between gun ownership and their use in violent crime or gun control laws in a given state and violent crime.

Cops aren't selectively exterminating blacks, again referring back to the FBI stats. Blacks however are overrepresented in violent crime in general as well as robbery, and are killing each other a lot (90% or so of African Americans are killed by other blacks). You don't see these stories in the mainstream media though. The root causes are not interesting news either.

Thomas Sowell has done a number of good pieces on this topic http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436839/gun-control-fact-free-debate

did anyone hear about the pool player who accidently killed his opponent with his que when he was wracking the balls?

im not sure whats worse, the shit you talk or the fact you actually believe it. infact i dont think i have ever seen such idiotic opinions.

Threats and insults won't be tolerated.
I will ban the next person. I don't give a fuck who you are.

ok lets talk facts, seeing you wont talk anything else.

pro gun nuts use places like DC and chicago with their high murder rates as examples of gun control not working. correct?

but completely ignore the fact that the state with loosest gun laws, Louisiana http://m.deseretnews.com/top/3430/0/The-10-states-with-the-least-restrictive-gun-laws.html

has the highest gun death rate in the US behind alaska.

"Louisiana was the only state with the most gun violence where firearm-related suicides accounted for less than half of all gun deaths. In fact, homicides accounted for roughly 51% of all gun deaths in the state. As a result, Louisiana had the highest gun-related homicide rate in the country, at 9.7 murders per 100,000 residents. Louisiana also had the highest average firearm death rate in the country over the 10 years ending in 2013, when there were 18.8 firearm deaths per 100,000 in the state, compared with 10.2 across the country. The high number of gun deaths may be tied to gun policy. Louisiana, like many of the states on this list, does not require gun owners to have a permit to purchase a firearm, nor must they register their weapons."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/13/24-7-wall-st-states-most-gun-violence/71003050/

please explain to us idiots, as that completely contradicts the ussual examples of california etc having tight gun control and implied higher murder rate because of said gun control.

or is this off topic logical fallacy again?

Not terribly interested but how many of those homicides were as a result of criminal activity (besides the obvious homicide)

How many homicides were committed by people without a criminal record?

I don't own a gun, I don't care that others choose to and I don't care about a foreign countries firearms use/abuse until they are killing my countrymen.

when I go to New York I will wear my prince planet pendant; that will scare them enough to leave me alone.

ok lets talk facts, seeing you wont talk anything else.

pro gun nuts use places like DC and chicago with their high murder rates as examples of gun control not working. correct?

but completely ignore the fact that the state with loosest gun laws, Louisiana http://m.deseretnews.com/top/3430/0/The-10-states-with-the-least-restrictive-gun-laws.html

has the highest gun death rate in the US behind alaska.

"Louisiana was the only state with the most gun violence where firearm-related suicides accounted for less than half of all gun deaths. In fact, homicides accounted for roughly 51% of all gun deaths in the state. As a result, Louisiana had the highest gun-related homicide rate in the country, at 9.7 murders per 100,000 residents. Louisiana also had the highest average firearm death rate in the country over the 10 years ending in 2013, when there were 18.8 firearm deaths per 100,000 in the state, compared with 10.2 across the country. The high number of gun deaths may be tied to gun policy. Louisiana, like many of the states on this list, does not require gun owners to have a permit to purchase a firearm, nor must they register their weapons."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/13/24-7-wall-st-states-most-gun-violence/71003050/

please explain to us idiots, as that completely contradicts the ussual examples of california etc having tight gun control and implied higher murder rate because of said gun control.

or is this off topic logical fallacy again?

I'll respond, but refrain from the accusations of NRA shilling. I'm a member yes but I enjoy debating gun control with people, so hardly need to use NRA News as a source for talking points. USA Today is hardly a neutral source either.

Gun deaths is an interesting term, 3/4 gun deaths in the US are from suicides. 30000 per year or around 12.1 vs 10.6 per 100000 in Australia for total suicide rate.

The stats don't bear that out though - do we only care about murders by firearm? Nationally, and in many states firearm homicides have been trending downwards for the last 5 years or so, in this table Louisiana has trended downwards in 2013 and 2014. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-4

This is DESPITE ever growing numbers of guns in the country. Obama is possibly the greatest gun salesman in US history.

If it was that clear cut that states with looser gun laws have a higher rate of firearm homicide (in a general sense), the NRA wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but that isn't the case. Some of the higher represented states have strict gun laws (like DC which is head and shoulders higher than the rest of the country).

You'll also never get licensing in the US, because of the fact that firearm ownership is a constitutional right, not a conditional privilege.

@onslaught; do you mean criminals shot by innocents, or criminals shooting criminals? 721 in 2014 is the justifiable homicides by police and civilians, 271 by police, 444 by civs. 1789 firearm murders were during the commission of another violent crime such as rape or robbery. 715 were gangland killings as well.

If you meant how many murders were committed by those with no record, then I couldn't find anything on the FBI Crime Report to illustrate that.

Last edited:
721 in 2014 is the justifiable homicides by police and civilians, 271 by police, 444 by civs. 1789 firearm murders were during the commission of another violent crime such as rape or robbery. 715 were gangland killings as well.

If you meant how many murders were committed by those with no record, then I couldn't find anything on the FBI Crime Report to illustrate that.

Thanks. :)

I'll respond, but refrain from the accusations of NRA shilling. I'm a member yes but I enjoy debating gun control with people, so hardly need to use NRA News as a source for talking points. USA Today is hardly a neutral source either.

Gun deaths is an interesting term, 3/4 gun deaths in the US are from suicides. 30000 per year or around 12.1 vs 10.6 per 100000 in Australia for total suicide rate.

The stats don't bear that out though - do we only care about murders by firearm? Nationally, and in many states firearm homicides have been trending downwards for the last 5 years or so, in this table Louisiana has trended downwards in 2013 and 2014. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-4

This is DESPITE ever growing numbers of guns in the country. Obama is possibly the greatest gun salesman in US history.

If it was that clear cut that states with looser gun laws have a higher rate of firearm homicide (in a general sense), the NRA wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but that isn't the case. Some of the higher represented states have strict gun laws (like DC which is head and shoulders higher than the rest of the country).

You'll also never get licensing in the US, because of the fact that firearm ownership is a constitutional right, not a conditional privilege.

@onslaught; do you mean criminals shot by innocents, or criminals shooting criminals? 721 in 2014 is the justifiable homicides by police and civilians, 271 by police, 444 by civs. 1789 firearm murders were during the commission of another violent crime such as rape or robbery. 715 were gangland killings as well.

If you meant how many murders were committed by those with no recor

d, then I couldn't find anything on the FBI Crime Report to illustrate that.

you clearly ignored this bit ""Louisiana was the only state with the most gun violence where firearm-related suicides accounted for less than half of all gun deaths. In fact, homicides accounted for roughly 51% of all gun deaths in the state. As a result, Louisiana had the highest gun-related homicide rate in the country, at 9.7 murders per 100,000 residents. L"

your response doesnt begin to explain what i asked.

and why are you a member of the NRA, are you an american living in aus??