• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Insanity of Chuck Vogelpohl

I've never worn a suit, so my info is second hand. I know John trains both multiply and raw, so his answer would be accurate.

Steve Pritchard told me a funny story about a Leviathan suit he once had. Apparantly they stacked weight on it, and it didnt fold lol

Inzers tag line for the Leviathan is "The only suit to stand on its own". It will in fact stand up right on the floor without anything or anyone in it.

Westside use front squats as a deadlift assistance exercise also

We just do it coz its a great exercise

Just for the record I didn't start this thread to bash on multiply lifting or high squats. I started it to show people what a freak Vogelpohl is. 1180 high or not is insane. Everyone needs to step down from their high horse and go squat (except Markos who actually did something about high squats by starting his own fed instead of bitching about it on forums).

I agree, I just don't think this is the forum to post it. For the record im not bashing it either as I train in multiply myself (overkill range), and think chuck is a fcking legend.

I agree, I just don't think this is the forum to post it. For the record im not bashing it either as I train in multiply myself (overkill range), and think chuck is a fcking legend.

So a Strength training/Powerlifting forum isn't the place to post a Powerlifting video? Seems a bit redundant.

So a Strength training/Powerlifting forum isn't the place to post a Powerlifting video? Seems a bit redundant.

It is a place to post it, but with a majority of lifters on here being raw etc its only going to get flamed like it did. I for one would like to see more of those clips. I like the supertraining and westside clips and the EFS ones of course.

Last edited:
Only reason Skal is that most are novice or non competitors

Vids like this belong here. An explanation as to why lifters in multiply squat so high is also helpful

When I say high, I'm comparing to single ply/raw lifters.

Its a whole different ball game in multiply. Educating the masses is a good thing.

Most lifters start raw or single ply remember. Some simply move along

I dont rule out the possibility of coaching a lifter wanting to try multiply in the future, its not my decision.

Post more vids fellas....Frankl, anyone from Big Iron Gym, all good

If any of the multiply lifters were required to squat bellow parallel to get their lifts passed Im sure they would be able to alter their suit or what not to allow this or get different gear.

While there are two schools of like powerlifting super powers at the moment, the european IPF lifters who squat below parallel due to judging and then the westside athletes who conform to their judges and squat to whatever depth required I have no doubt that if required the westside athletes can go and changed what they need to, to get lifts passed in the IPF with different gear.
Because at the end of the day they are just there to get their lifts passed and the same goes for IPF lifters its just different standards brings about different lifts.

To sum it up, just because they lift this way doesnt mean they cant change over to adhere to strict judging and are not strong. 536KG on your back to that depth with a canvas suit at that bodyweight is riduclous.

Now robert wilkerson squats raw so I dont know what his excuse is for high squats.

While It's a damm impressive lift, I kind of feel that the high-squatting that goes on in multi-ply feds is a bit ridiculous. Imagine if other sports had this problem, we'd see guys running the 100 meters in feds where the track was only 75 meters long.

I dont understand why ppl cant just see that its a sick lift, he has 1180lbs on his back for fuck sake lol.

Some ppl just need to get out of there little cave they live in and open their eyes abit to other forms of lifting....its kinda sad that ppl have to knock anything they dont know or like....I am sure if Chuck was in your gym ud be sucking his dick for advice.

I dont understand why ppl cant just see that its a sick lift, he has 1180lbs on his back for fuck sake lol.

Some ppl just need to get out of there little cave they live in and open their eyes abit to other forms of lifting....its kinda sad that ppl have to knock anything they dont know or like....I am sure if Chuck was in your gym ud be sucking his dick for advice.

that's what I figure. If I trained with him, I'd lap up every piece of training advice I could get. Look at the amount of weight he managed. Superhuman.

i wonder if he lost weight to improve his dead leverages if he would have a bigger total or take a larger hit. TBH his deadlift is shiat

Again it's hard to judge from the front angle and Wilks is sooooo fat it would be hard to judge from any angle.