• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

TGA Petition

Well that's how it works Money talks, tabacco companies have it while Bodybuilding supps really do not have much backing interms of money or representation in parliament that's why Pharmaceutical companies will always take advantage of that, Always remember that the TGA are and always will be controlled by the Drug companies that do not give a shit about supps.
they never have.

But this is what really concerns me they are heavily regulating an industry where no has died from taking supps ??? :confused:

Who are they really protecting here ???

Wow i thought i was the only one around here who could see through the bullshit?

Look at how many people die form panadol... Kids can buy it. Look how many people testosteorne,dhea, other food supplements have killed uuh 0.

hhhmm...

Yes protecting us or them.

Thats what frustrates me. Oliver has this thing about how evil raw milk is and " they banned it for our safety" yet im sure he does things in the day that have killed more people then a cow... :rolleyes:

Is this what society is becoming? People trained to earn money to pay taxes.. Run Multi billion $$$ industries do not have the common sense to think that "food" made on a machine with artificial chemicals might not be the best choice for them?

Also not once has this product made any claims what so ever..
It mentioned random words strength ecct but did not claim that it would do anything to them.

It is assumed it will because people are dumb fucks... I don't think it's any more outrageous then 99% fat free on everything in the Lolly isle

eken*Power Bands are the latest in sports performance technology. Each Power Band is made of high grade silicone and embedded with 4 nFIT holograms. The 4 nFIT holograms result in a higher potency product which the wearer can instantly recognise.
Strength
Balance
Flexibility
Endurance
EKEN*Power Bands are preferred by athletes who rate core strength, balance, flexibility and endurance as a priority. See Testimonials for some great reports!
nFIT (nano Frequency Infusion Technology) is our proprietary system for programming the EKEN holograms. This method ensures that each hologram receives a highly concentrated dose of the frequencies required to produce the highest potency and longest lasting product on the market.

Last edited:
I agree, but would the food be grown in virgin soil.. Organic not genetically modified and transported, kept instigate in moths at a time sprayed with chemicals?

Will we not be exposed to the toxins we are todAy? The constant stress..

If these problems are rectified I'll burn all the supplements in the world with you markos.

Youare right cures do not come in pills they are lifestyle changed.. But sometimes we need a little help with something because of the above mentioned factors.

People get this nice warm fuzzy feeling when thinking about organic food, but they don't really know much about it.

People don't realise that organic food has plenty of fertiliser and chemicals applied to it. The trick here is it has to be 'natural'. Many of these natural chemicals were used by conventional farming at one time or another but have been dropped due to safer and more effective synthetic alternatives. Just because an organic pesticide is natural does not mean its safe.

Many of these organic pesticides need to be applied in huge amounts and many times to have the same effect as a single application of a synthetic pesticide.

Do a search on Rotenone its still allowed in organic farming, but currently being phased out in many countries due to is toxicity to the environment particularly waterways and link with Parkinson's disease.

Synthetic pesticides go through very stringent testing before they are allowed to be used. Many organic pesticides have not even been tested for safety.

Organic food has been tested over an over to have no more nutrients than than conventional farmed food.

Due to the less effective pesticides and herbicides organic farming requires many more applications, thus more fuel used by machinery. Paddocks often need to be cultivated every year rather than direct drilling, this kills soil structure and results in more erosion and poorer soil with lower water holding capacity and also uses much more fuel.

If you have the cash by all means by organic and feel warm and fuzzy inside about the environment and toxins its supposedly free from. Otherwise just eat regular food and you wont notice a difference.

i have nothing against organic farmers at all, there trying to make a living just like the rest. Its just the advances farming have happened for a reason.

I dont think its protecting from death, more protecting from being ripped off

This. The supplement market is probably the most impressionable market around. I'd go as far as saying its worse than girls and clothes.

People get this nice warm fuzzy feeling when thinking about organic food, but they don't really know much about it.

People don't realise that organic food has plenty of fertiliser and chemicals applied to it. The trick here is it has to be 'natural'. Many of these natural chemicals were used by conventional farming at one time or another but have been dropped due to safer and more effective synthetic alternatives. Just because an organic pesticide is natural does not mean its safe.

Many of these organic pesticides need to be applied in huge amounts and many times to have the same effect as a single application of a synthetic pesticide.

Do a search on Rotenone its still allowed in organic farming, but currently being phased out in many countries due to is toxicity to the environment particularly waterways and link with Parkinson's disease.

Synthetic pesticides go through very stringent testing before they are allowed to be used. Many organic pesticides have not even been tested for safety.

Organic food has been tested over an over to have no more nutrients than than conventional farmed food.

Due to the less effective pesticides and herbicides organic farming requires many more applications, thus more fuel used by machinery. Paddocks often need to be cultivated every year rather than direct drilling, this kills soil structure and results in more erosion and poorer soil with lower water holding capacity and also uses much more fuel.

If you have the cash by all means by organic and feel warm and fuzzy inside about the environment and toxins its supposedly free from. Otherwise just eat regular food and you wont notice a difference.

i have nothing against organic farmers at all, there trying to make a living just like the rest. Its just the advances farming have happened for a reason.

Who does these stringent tests? If i tested someone smoking ciggarettes for 12 months found no detectable cancerous cells or inflamation do i therefore conclude that smoking has no health effects? I always love this comment "its tested its safe" Tested by who? Seriously think about it. Im sure DDT was safe as well... They even put mercury in peoples head still. The "tested & safe" argument is ridiculously flawed when you really look into it.

There are more links to health problems via commercial food then organic food.. Im sure some natural pesticides are evil. Dont use them then. I am all about common sense.. Its a bit different when you know where your food comes from... You didnt address the issue of biodynamic farming.

As far as nutrient valure there is evidence for both sides.. However they never seem to address nutrient value and pesticide residue in the same studies.

Rather than looking at tests, lets look at the people who eat natural wholesome food.

We've never touched organic, more marketing hype

WWGD

Exactly PTC organic is just another marketing gimmick. Its a multi billion dollar industry with plenty of misinformation out there in the name of marketing

Noobs.

Think about it what logical reason would the nutrient value for organic and conventional food be any different.

People fall for the naturalistic fallacy. Anything natural must automatically be better. Aren't there even natural lollies

Are you seriously bringing up Bio dynamic farming.

Most Supps do work not all supplement companies rip off people and the ones that do rip people off really do not last long in the industry.

Would you use a supp that has done nothing for you ??

Meaning Would you buy it again ??

This is a results driven industry you get no results from a particular supp you do not buy that product again.

Furthermore there are other industries out there that still rip off consumers and are regulated aswell;)

So my question still stands Why is TGA treating supps as Therapeiutics, the very definition of the word according to the Mcquirie dictionery is to

{that is dictionery that is made here in Aus}

TO TREAT CURE AND PREVENT ANY DISEASE

All our Supp products clearly state

NOT TO TREAT CURE AND PREVENT ANY DISEASE :eek:

Thease are Dietary supps not Medicines ;) Why are they treating them as drugs when it's quite clear that they are clearly NOT

Last edited:
Exactly PTC organic is just another marketing gimmick. Its a multi billion dollar industry with plenty of misinformation out there in the name of marketing

Noobs.

Think about it what logical reason would the nutrient value for organic and conventional food be any different.

People fall for the naturalistic fallacy. Anything natural must automatically be better. Aren't there even natural lollies

Are you seriously bringing up Bio dynamic farming.

Soil integrity and minerals redeposited .. That is the only logial explenation. The food is only as good as its environment... Same this animals, feed them shit get shit. Thus biodynamic. Of course I am seirous.

Look at what feeding soy and corn does to animals... Then we eat it.

Most Supps do work not all supplement companies rip off people and the ones that do rip people off really do not last long in the industry.

This is a results driven industry you get no results from a particular supp you do not buy that product again.

Furthermore there are other industries out there that still rip off consumers and are regulated aswell;)

So my question still stands Why is TGA treating supps as Therapeiutics, the very definition of the word according to the Mcquirie dictionery is to

{that is dictionery that is made here in Aus}

TO TREAT CURE AND PREVENT ANY DISEASE

All our Supp products clearly state

NOT TO TREAT CURE AND PREVENT ANY DISEASE :eek:

Thease are Dietary supps not Medicines ;) Why are they treating them as drugs when it's quite clear that they are clearly NOT

Because some can be used as drugs...

Take a red rice extract for example.. It has now been classed as an S4 medication which is now only available on prescription

fucking lol

nano2.png

I've got no interest in any of this shit. I just wanted to say your avatar is sensational Aek.

Soil integrity and minerals redeposited .. That is the only logial explenation. The food is only as good as its environment... Same this animals, feed them shit get shit. Thus biodynamic. Of course I am seirous.

Look at what feeding soy and corn does to animals... Then we eat it.

tell me why soil integrity and minerals will be any better with organic than conventional.

Ok Bio dynamic farming. It is basically organic farmings retarded cousin. It is basically organic farming with added astrology, magic and other hocus pocus.

Eg planting and harvesting crops based on moon phases and stars. Burying a bull horn filled with herbs in the crop under a full moon. Homeopathic remedies used on crops. The biggest critics of bio dynamic farming are the organic farmers as they don't want this magical type of farming associated with organic.

Organic farming has plenty of good points. Sustainable agriculture, preserving soil structure, rotating crops, increasing soil fertility ect . But these practices are used by conventional farming anyway.

Last edited:
The fitness/health industry is a massive rip off industry. It needs far more regulation

EKEN Power Bands

Millions have been made by marketing a product that does nothing

I agree, power bands are such bullshit, a piece of plastic with retard foil on it and they have thousands queing up to pay $60 for them because it will help their "balance, strength, etc..."

I dunno, a lot of the time people can be buying something crap but thinking it works cuz it tastes great or gets them wired on stimulants. Because of this the product stays on the shelf, which does not always mean the supp is actually effective.

Edit: I was always told organic meant something containing carbon, seems its now taken a wider commercial stance. hmmmm

Last edited: