• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Text books

Kebab doesnt count.

I lived in athens for a little while. There were these little stands which sold them everywhere - the pork was marinated, the bread fried and then the insides stuffed with little chips. At this one place we saw this massive fat man get one everyday, lol.

Pork?

You mean L A M B lol...

And kebabs are a turkish thing Markos, you know its all about the pitta bread ;)

Seriously Oli that was terrible, I am ashamed. Pork in a souvlaki??? Maybe you lived in Mexico cause Mexicans have pork in a lot of street dishes, are you sure you are not confused? :D :D :D

I also now want a lamb kebab with bbq sauce, a little onion hold the lettuce and tomato. Chicken sandwich it is then.

Seriously Oli that was terrible, I am ashamed. Pork in a souvlaki??? Maybe you lived in Mexico cause Mexicans have pork in a lot of street dishes, are you sure you are not confused? :D :D :D

I also now want a lamb kebab with bbq sauce, a little onion hold the lettuce and tomato. Chicken sandwich it is then.

bbq sauce?

You clearley do not know how to eat lamb like a wog..

It goes

salt
pepper
lemon
garlic
possible tzatziki...

You should be ashamed... bbq sauce tisk tisk tisk.. ITS NOT A MEAT PIE !

Thats why I am from

AUUUSSSTRALIAAA MATE.

We say ER as A (as in waiter as waita) and put O's on the end of peoples names and end sentence like we are asking questions. We also put BBQ sauce on pizzas and kebabs, and love it.

Thats why I am from

AUUUSSSTRALIAAA MATE.

We say ER as A (as in waiter as waita) and put O's on the end of peoples names and end sentence like we are asking questions. We also put BBQ sauce on pizzas and kebabs, and love it.

Im going to write a text book on eating lamb for you daveo

Have you learn't nothing! You should be coming down here and showing me what to do so I can learn and then put it into practice and see if it is good. I will then say bullshit, give me my bbq sauce and tell you to **** off but at least you will have learn't something from Markos. I may even has some pork in my next souvlaki :D

Actually speaking of learning from textbooks what are peoples opinions on learning from ex bodybuilders like Milos Sarcev (since it was brought up yesterday) personally I take from all areas (including Arnie's book, going to try his 2 a day split later on in life and see how long I last before I want to die without my added vitamin) but sometimes I find ex BB's can give out some bad information.

Have you learn't nothing! You should be coming down here and showing me what to do so I can learn and then put it into practice and see if it is good. I will then say bullshit, give me my bbq sauce and tell you to **** off but at least you will have learn't something from Markos. I may even has some pork in my next souvlaki :D

Actually speaking of learning from textbooks what are peoples opinions on learning from ex bodybuilders like Milos Sarcev (since it was brought up yesterday) personally I take from all areas (including Arnie's book, going to try his 2 a day split later on in life and see how long I last before I want to die without my added vitamin) but sometimes I find ex BB's can give out some bad information.

I had mike mentzer's book before i got interested i think i sold it with some HPI and driftbattle mags to some bloke on nissansilia.. Dam wish i kept it..

I also have arnies book i like some of the things he says.. Lift heavy do compounds dont use straps ect, But you wonder how much genetics and gear make what he did possible and if he could of had a better way...

Its hard when you are dealing with something with so many variables as the human body.. In a deadlfit we can teach technique and know how muscles work.. No one can see cells functioning and hormones being secreted and energy being metabolised in your body.. All we can see is the long term effects. So it comes down to did this work because the content or was it the consistency?

But at the end of the day it worked, but might not work for everyone.. It gets confusing... In a few years i may likley try split training when i have a good oslid base just so i can comment on it properly.. I have tried it in the past and didnt like it but i believe split trianing for anyone besides a pro bodybuilder is a waste of time as i see it constantly in the gym not giving results and from me not going anywhere with it...
If i had enough size and a base though would it of been a different story?

But then you think bodybuilders do their exercises not for strength or size.. But for "seperation" definition and all that other crap... I dont know.

I also have a book here from some bloke called bob paris i always thought he was gay and google just proved me right... Never read it, it has lots of cable and sit up stuff...

bobparis2.jpg

I've done Mentzers program, nice for a while.

I've done double split, works good for a while.

Like Andy keeps saying, everything works, for a while.

Even my 20 rep squat program drives lifters into the ground if they are fair dinkum.

PPP is good for 2 cycles in a row, then I would do something else for a change. Time it so you can hit PB's on comp day.

Seeing as I'm running more comps next year, we will again hit the Olympic lifts hard.

Kelly is starting AAA right after the Nats as he is preparing for a fight.

Even my 20 rep squat program drives lifters into the ground if they are fair dinkum.

PPP is good for 2 cycles in a row, then I would do something else for a change. Time it so you can hit PB's on comp day.

Seeing as I'm running more comps next year, we will again hit the Olympic lifts hard.

Good your going to have more stuff again...

I really want to get down there..

As CAPO looks like only having one 3 lift comp in Vic next year, I have to fill the void.

I get sick of hearing equipped lifters whinge about peaking, I believe, and have shown, that plenty of competition is needed to get strong.

I am not alone in my views.

At an equipped comp in 2009, there were 20 lifters that bombed, didnt get a total, one comp. Thats staggering to me. Peaking?

I know my comps are small time, but in 3 years, around a dozen comps, 2 lifters have bombed. One was an interstate female who got poor advice from her husband, and one was a guy who opened with 180kg in the bench, his PB.

I know its MUCH tougher for equipped guys, which is why I believe they need to practice more. PA have plenty of comps, CAPO dont unfortunately.

I am actually having a Rep Comp in a fortnight, Oakley have donated a big dollar pair of sunglasses as first prize. There will be more prizes

Bench bw, squat 1.5 x bw and deadlift 2 x bw....most reps wins

I'll start a new thread tomorrow

I am actually having a Rep Comp in a fortnight, Oakley have donated a big dollar pair of sunglasses as first prize. There will be more prizes

Bench bw, squat 1.5 x bw and deadlift 2 x bw....most reps wins

I'll start a new thread tomorrow

Curious, why arnt you running traditional powerlifting comps?

Too close to the Nats for this one.

Next year will be very different.

My next newsletter will outline all the PTC comps next year, 5 lift, powerlifting, strongman, single lift and rep challenges.

I read this statement a while ago and its bothered me for days.

Like, yeah if you're doing some linear crap program like max-ot or whatever you're going to need to change things up regularly. But assuming the programs periodised (the volume changes week by week, ensuring consistent growth) and you adapt the program as you go to fix your weaknesses why couldnt you just go with the same thing for 10+ years?

At the end of this year after my second cycle of PPP I plan to finish my home gym (finally) and do 5/3/1 until I'm finished uni (for a whole 3 years), and just continue adapting the volume/exercises depending on my weak points. Im looking forward to it.

I read this statement a while ago and its bothered me for days.

Like, yeah if you're doing some linear crap program like max-ot or whatever you're going to need to change things up regularly. But assuming the programs periodised (the volume changes week by week, ensuring consistent growth) and you adapt the program as you go to fix your weaknesses why couldnt you just go with the same thing for 10+ years?

At the end of this year after my second cycle of PPP I plan to finish my home gym (finally) and do 5/3/1 until I'm finished uni (for a whole 3 years), and just continue adapting the volume/exercises depending on my weak points. Im looking forward to it.

I don't think is there such a thing as a crap routine, maybe more efficient.
My guts tell me; once you have a group of exercises that you enjoy, are not painful or damaging to any of the body structures, and can be done on the available equipment, there is no physiological reason to change them, even over years of training.
This has become clear to me after 15 years of training with the same exercises, week in week out, year after year, could have gotten bigger faster? I don't know, but I was lucky enough to discover after many year previous - the exercise i had chosen for myself has served me well and I plan to continue, chipping away coaxing the gains here and there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
i was planning on mindlessly doing ppp untill i hit 300kg deadlift (60kg to go) but its not the best way?
i hate changing routines and having to think