• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Text books

Oooh, oooho, the Establishment Is Against Us! We must be right, then. That everyone says we're wrong PROVES we must be right! It's a conspiracy!

you-cant-handle-the-truth-full;init_.jpg

"You can't handle the truth!"

Whenever someone says that, my bullshit meter pings loudly. It's usually just an excuse for stupid ideas backed by nothing but hot air and a strong desire to rake in large amounts of cash. Or some kind of adolescent rebellion.

Depends which PT. To me, 99% of it sounds right. If you want to get strong, good advice. Nutrition advice, well it's a bit dodgy. But so what? You don't ask your dietician how to do a barbell squat, you're not going to ask your strength coach for a meal plan. Some might but they are idiots so they deserve what they get. Nobody follows anyone's nutrition advice for more than five minutes anyway, so no harm done.

Pharmawrite/Designwrite is the medical ghostwriting company paid by Wyeth to write the 44 articles on women's hormones. They are currently under investigation by Grassley's senate committee. Dr Cirigliano acknowledges three PHD medical ghost writers from Pharmawrite paid by an (unnamed) drug company to write a pro-synthetic hormone article biased against bioidentical hormones. The article is a review of the literature to determine if sufficient scientific evidence supports claims of greater efficacy and safety for bioidentical hormones compared to synthetic hormones". And the conclusion, you guessed it, "No scientific evidence to support this".

https://www.pharmaw.com/PageLoad.asp...ame=ClientList

Current Clients
Adnexus™, a Bristol-Myers Squibb R&D Company
Amicus Therapeutics, Inc.
Centocor Ortho Biotech Inc
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Eisai, Inc.
Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ethicon, Inc.
EUSA Pharma
Hythiam, Inc.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Ortho-McNeil™, Division of Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC
PriCara, Division of Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Prism Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
ProStrakan
Roche
Shire Human Genetic Therapies
Strategic Healthcare Alliance, a division of Jobson Medical Information LLC
Systagenix Wound Management
Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Three Rivers Pharmaceuticals
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals

i thought you weren't posting here anymore n00bs?
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant this thread...

But when i read that i just had to add it..

Seems that people dont like to believe that.

Big pharma, is not here to make drugs to help us, they are here to sell their products and make money...

The you find links to big pharmacutical company presidents ect being head of things like the FDA AMA chemical companies in the white house and even on the board for places such as coke and nutrasweet...

Its doesnt look quite so good where you put all the facts down and really assess it...

Anyone who thinks that TGA/FDA/AMA or whatother crap is there to protect you fails to see the bigger picture...

Please enlighten us on my dodgy nutrition information Kyle.
Telling people to eat nothing but tuna and frozen mixed vegies for two weeks is dodgy. It's not about what they end up looking like, it's their long-term health. Not likely to be affected much by two weeks, but still. It's possible to be lean but unhealthy.

We're talking about long-term health, here. Whether I can advise people on diets for that or not is a different thing to spotting dodgy ones. If I go in for surgery on my broken arm, and the doctor amputates my foot, when I complain he could say, "tell me about the surgeries YOU'VE done, Kyle! I know better than you!" I may not know how to do surgery, but I know when it's been stuffed up completely. Likewise, I may not be able to give meal plans, but I know a really dodgy one when I see one.

Let's stick to doing what we know how to do, whether by qualifications or experience. From years of lifting and coaching experience, you coach lifting, and do that extraordinarily well.

But nobody follows meal plans perfectly anyway, so whether they're good or bad doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
You can eat twenty slices of white bread or two slices of wholegrain and receive more nutrient value from the wholegrain, one reason for today's obesity problems could be we are not eating well the body compensates by telling you to eat more to supply the macro nutrient lacking in the food source.
Some say it's not the millions of cells the run the body but bacteria.
Who the phuck knows, truth is no-one does, we are all so different.
Thinking long term is the key Kyle.
One aspect about keeping the goal the goal is to understand the importance of short term goals supporting the achievment of long term goals.
Posted via Mobile Device

Telling people to eat nothing but tuna and frozen mixed vegies for two weeks is dodgy. It's not about what they end up looking like, it's their long-term health. Not likely to be affected much by two weeks, but still. It's possible to be lean but unhealthy.

We're talking about long-term health, here. Whether I can advise people on diets for that or not is a different thing to spotting dodgy ones. If I go in for surgery on my broken arm, and the doctor amputates my foot, when I complain he could say, "tell me about the surgeries YOU'VE done, Kyle! I know better than you!" I may not know how to do surgery, but I know when it's been stuffed up completely. Likewise, I may not be able to give meal plans, but I know a really dodgy one when I see one.

Let's stick to doing what we know how to do, whether by qualifications or experience. From years of lifting and coaching experience, you coach lifting, and do that extraordinarily well.

But nobody follows meal plans perfectly anyway, so whether they're good or bad doesn't really matter.

Nothing like quoting out of context hey Kyle lol

The REST of that newsletter explained that in order for you to lose weight LONG TERM, was you had to take the emotion out of eating. Thats what the 2 week trial was about.

Is that what you based your comment on DODGY NUTRITION? Seriously Kyle.

Can you please tell me how on earth anyone can be unhealthy from eating meat and veg for every meal for a 2 week period?

So Max is lean, strong, muscly, but unhealthy. Is that what your saying Kyle. Coming to do a photoshoot with him Kyle, bring your sluggos

For a young sedentary human bovine one must master a new habit each month;
1 4lte of water every day
2 eat protein for breakfast
3 add fish oil, doing the fish oil test
4 lift twice a week
5 eliminate grains
6 add hill sprints once a week
Posted via Mobile Device

Is that what you based your comment on DODGY NUTRITION? Seriously Kyle.

Your diet sucks Markos, just admit it.

You're Greek and you've admitted to not having had souvlaki in some 20 years. Wtf kind of Greek are you?

greek-souvlaki.jpg

Last edited:
Far out I am never listening to Markos again, no souvlaki in 20 years there is obviously something wrong him. I am going to read some more text books to find out what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

Far out I am never listening to Markos again, no souvlaki in 20 years there is obviously something wrong him. I am going to read some more text books to find out what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can start by learning about glucose as apparently you ****ing know nothing! :rolleyes:;)

Yes oliver i was about to then someone started askign dumb questions..

Also you made me hungry with that pic so i had to go eat..

Peanut butter and whey...

nom nom nom...

I would of much preffered watermelon and fried chicken..

Now im going to go to sleep watching ronnie workout..

I thought I explained the need for carbs pre workout but.... Supposedly someone can not read nor write. Oh well I am done with that thread, I thought he was just ignorant but he is arrogant as well, a terrible combination.

And no food go to sleep.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought I explained the need for carbs pre workout but.... Supposedly someone can not read nor write. Oh well I am done with that thread, I thought he was just ignorant but he is arrogant as well, a terrible combination.

And no food go to sleep.
Posted via Mobile Device
'

Its college holidays im being bad! But i have trianing tomorrow morning so yes good night!

179100-i132.photobucket.com-albums-q11-yankotsu-care-bears-bear.jpg

I did have quite a few Kebabs on the Gold Coast in 2006. Like a couple a day, for 2 weeks.

Does that count?

I actually like a good souvlaki. I'm not sure anyone on here has actually had one. Definitely not that shit Oliver posted.

Back in the day in Brunswick, Coburg, City, OMG, heaven.

Kebab doesnt count.

I lived in athens for a little while. There were these little stands which sold them everywhere - the pork was marinated, the bread fried and then the insides stuffed with little chips. At this one place we saw this massive fat man get one everyday, lol.