• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
average joe blogs in australia flips out and decides to take revenge on the world. well good fucking thing its going to be hard for him to get a gun without planning and some serious connections

joe blogs flips out in the states, well we know what happens.

I think you'll find that most of these types of mass shootings in america and indeed most places do happen in gun free zones?

I have no answer, I'm just trying to keep an open mind on this, but what happened in France was fuckin awful, how do we stop it?
And how do we do this without anger towrds each other and anger directed towards every muslim around the world, which is what ISIS want, they want mayhem, they want WW3, every bombing and shooting, they like to own, why?.

Self defense seems like a good option to me, the times they are a changin.

thats horse shit spread by pro gun folk.

my point is you shouldnt have to worry about it in the first place. america has created a frankenstein in its gun laws. people cling to their guns and "god given right" like they did slaves

I think you'll find that most of these types of mass shootings in america and indeed most places do happen in gun free zones?

Can you elaborate on this? Just because a place has instituted gun control laws doesn't equate to being gun free. I think there would be a general trend of places having lower numbers of guns (despite the laws) also having lower incidents of gun related violence. There are of course places that have high levels of firearm ownership and low levels of gun violence however the cultural factors in these places are vastly different to say the US or UK. France's borders were reputedly porous and when you look at the surrounding countries and availability of weapons in these places, it is strategically vulnerable. In answer to Bazzas earlier question about whether changing the gun laws in America would have any effect, yes it would. It will take decades for the social attitude towards firearms to change, and one could argue that it will never be completely reversed as the horse has already bolted and is over the hill and far away; but legislative support for gun control is an important step towards changing that mentality. Don't forget the level of vested political and private interests in the firearm industry in the US are incomprehensible to most Australians as it is (fortunately) such a foreign concept. FYI I am a gun owner and support gun control.

Last edited:
Juliar is already committing to supplying extra troops.
Here we go again...

Damn...look out terrorists!

250px-Julia_Roberts_2011_Shankbone_2.JPG

Can you elaborate on this? Just because a place has instituted gun control laws doesn't equate to being gun free. I think there would be a general trend of places having lower numbers of guns (despite the laws) also having lower incidents of gun related violence. There are of course places that have high levels of firearm ownership and low levels of gun violence however the cultural factors in these places are vastly different to say the US or UK. France's borders were reputedly porous and when you look at the surrounding countries and availability of weapons in these places, it is strategically vulnerable. In answer to Bazzas earlier question about whether changing the gun laws in America would have any effect, yes it would. It will take decades for the social attitude towards firearms to change, and one could argue that it will never be completely reversed as the horse has already bolted and is over the hill and far away; but legislative support for gun control is an important step towards changing that mentality. Don't forget the vested political and private interests in the firearm industry are incomprehensible to most Australians as it is (fortunately) such a foreign concept. FYI I am a gun owner and support gun control.

It was a question doofus, hence the question mark, I am no expert on this shit, just trying to make sense of this mess.

That's cherry picking at its finest. It should be titled "Deadliest terrorist attacks against whites (but not by whites) in the last 40 years (ignoring the last 40,000)".

gun laws would change things in the states, just like abolishing slavery did.

a first step would be stopping the production of new firearms, i mean fuck do they really need more? they might have the right to bare arms, but no where does it say they have the right to manufacture and sell them!

Last edited:
australia took away rights of innocent people to own guns after martin bryant, why not remove rights to practice religion for everyone else? :p

Jesus, I assume you mean Dunblane?
i do. was in my last year of primary school, classrooms next to the gym.

Strewth!

I think we should all at least acknowledge that Johnnie Walker's opinion counts for more than anyone else's in this discussion.

When the gun laws came in after the Tasmanian shooting, at first I thought that it was a pretty pointless political gesture. But then I thought to myself that he wouldn't have been able to kill so many people if all he'd had was an axe. So, on balance, I think gun restriction, or even outright banning of civilian firearms, is a good thing.

One thing I did think was pretty likely, is that he had got the idea from, or at least been pushed over the edge by, the news reports about the (then) recent Dunblane shooting.

Which led me to the opinion that it would be a very good idea if news outlets DIDN'T report events like this (or maybe just in a small paragraph on page 5). Perhaps a bit of a far-fetched wiah, but they DO have a generally follow a policy like this with not reporting suicides prominently, lest they encourage others to do the same thing.

Of course, it's a different story with organized and ideologically-motivated things like this one in Paris.