• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sydney protests call for beheadings...

I heard on the radio a few minutes ago they are protesting this weekend and there are sms's going around form Australians to "stop them " I only caught the end of the story tho did anyone else hear it ?

yep, no leave this weekend for the coppers in Sydney or Melbourne

I'm having to help a friend to move this weekend
and her husband is away overseas at a conference in Sweden the bastard.

Bradders might have a close up view this weekend as he's staying next to Hyde park when in Sydney for tough mudder.

Last edited:

Bradders might have a close up view this weekend as he's staying next to Hyde park when in Sydney for tough mudder.

Hahaha yep go buy some beers and watch the carnage.... It will be worse if the dogs lose in the NRL too... Lol
Should be an interesting weekend

Maybe these protests are just another obstacle course for the mudder.

:eek:Looks like the cops have it under control now:p

IMG_2735_zps477d4ae7.jpg

smile for the camera.... methinks this boy is in trouble
813877-violent-sydney-protest.jpg
hahaha how do you even do that? i wouldn't have thought the milk crate was strong enough :p

I haven't read much of the thread and I couldn't be bothered but I have a point in relation to the "sub human" claims being thrown about here.

Lets go back a few hundred years. Europe was in a period referred to as the dark ages, where the Church took political control and killed science and innovation for hundreds of years. The Middle East was well advanced with much higher education standards and a much more civilised society. The European countries/churches sent armies to "free" Jerusalem from these civilised people and succeeded in effectively destroying the society over a few hundred years. These campaigns were called Crusades. Crusade is Christian for Jihad. It's as simple as that.

So eventually Europe woke up to itself and now we are all civilised and can't understand these strange people from undeveloped countries run by sad distortions of a religion that want to wipe us out. It's probably exactly the same thing that they thought as the Crusaders tore through their cities over and over. Today's civilised society was once the sub human one and not that long ago.

This is a cycle. We are currently in a kind of Muslim dark ages and we aren't handling it too well. People will always be influenced by leaders yelling hate at them. Religion is very easy to distort into hate and intolerance and has no place in politics anywhere. The problem is that religion was developed as a political vehicle so it is difficult to confine it to a private issue.

In relation to protesters in Western countries, we need to let our courts deal with it. In relation to so called Muslim States, we need to be patient and careful. The people will educate themselves and they will put the religion back in its place eventually. In the meantime we need to be careful not to inflame issues that have the potential to turn reasonable people against us.

extremely well-made point and, even though i agree, in principal, in practice it could be a completely different ball game. though i really do hope it all works out in the way you suggest

I travelled through the Middle East for three months back in 2002.

Would never ever go back :/

That being said, plenty of arabic people are lovely peaceful folk. Including our own Fadi. Gross generalisations are born of ignorance imo.

Religion is always sure to spark great debate though. So be it.

And lets for a moment, think that if we were North Korean, this discussion wouldn't even be possible lol

Plenty of white 'christian' Australians rape women. America & its allies (Oz included) has killed more middle eastern civilians & children, than September 11th or the Bali bombings ever killed.

When I was in the middle east, they had pictures of George Bush everywhere with arabic scroll writing under it in red font that looked like blood. When I asked a local what it said, he answered 'Terrorist'.

Perception, is reality folks. It rocked me to the core.

That is all.

Hi Bella,

I'm writing this post from Beirut international airport, heading back HOME to Sydney Oz! Bella, I really do appreciate your post above, as you're always viewing serious issues with a broad and mature mind.

Beheading I hear some members of my community scream and shout! Well, let who shouts beheading take a closer look at himself before passing a serious judgement and punishment on someone else. The only people who have been conducting beheading in the name of Isalm are no more than a bunch of criminals themselves, or are soooooo utterly ignorant of Islamic juriprudence so as to make one sick in the stomach!!!

That's all ... for now!

Fadi.

Hi Bella,

I'm writing this post from Beirut international airport, heading back HOME to Sydney Oz! Bella, I really do appreciate your post above, as you're always viewing serious issues with a broad and mature mind.

Beheading I hear some members of my community scream and shout! Well, let who shouts beheading take a closer look at himself before passing a serious judgement and punishment on someone else. The only people who have been conducting beheading in the name of Isalm are no more than a bunch of criminals themselves, or are soooooo utterly ignorant of Islamic juriprudence so as to make one sick in the stomach!!!

That's all ... for now!

Fadi.

Yay! You're FINALLY coming home! :) I hope the trip has been special & full of love Fadi! So nice to see faces you haven't seen for such a long time!

Safe travels dear man!

And Fadi? I'm old enough & have seen & lived in various cities around the world to know, that you cannot judge an entire race or creed, culture or religion, based on the actions of a 'group' or 'groups' of people.

Opinions are either formed from experience, ignorance and/or fear Fadi. Thats life & our very human truth I suppose.

Safe trip! Speak soon my friend xx