• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Subway Bacon and Egg $5 Foot Long Sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stats do you want? How do you want them measured. For example how do you want bf% measured?

I started at about 65kg when I first lifted btw. This last year is when I've done it properly, going from 72kg to 82kg. Now I'm back to 77kg.

I just love that this whole argument was started by a disagreement about a sandwich and a chicken =D

Hyjak, have you seen Initial D? It is a Japanese Cartoon about drifting and moutain driving.

In an early episode Tak is challenged to a Duct Tape Death Match. They tape one hand to the steering wheel to make it harder. I don't know why but it just sprang to mind. haha

Newbie gains? I've been lifting for a year...

I'm quite happy just comparing current weight with future weight and throwing in a couple pictures so that we can see bf% etc...

We are both at 77kg right now. We'll see how we are in 3 months.

You're 6 foot 2 though, your annorexic.

You can put up the same stats I did, with bodyfat measured by height, neck and waist girth, formula here. eg, my 38cm (at narrowest) neck with 83cm (at navel) waist and height combine to give 66 lean and 12 fat for me.

VO2 max (effectively, cardio fitness rating) can be measured by the electronic treadmill in your gym. Push "fitness test" on it, it asks your gender, age and weight, there'll be a 1 minute warmup, then the tread will tilt up to 5 degrees and stay there for 4 minutes, it measures your heart rate and from that derives your VO2 max. Do it three times over a week and get the average, since it can jump around a bit - I just do it as a cardio warmup for my sessions. My VO2 max is 40.

There are 10 separate elements there. We want fat mass and waist to be low, and everything else to be higher. I propose 5 rep maximums for the lifts, and leave the deadlift as one of the traditional big five even though I can't do it at all - a free point for you.

If you only want to train for looks, then I'm not interested. I want to look good and perform well. A PT I know says, "it's not about how much you can lift, it's about how much you look like you can lift." I think that's bollocks.

Lean mass [2]
Fat mass [2]
Chest [2]
Waist [2]

Bench [1]
Overhead press [1]
BB row [1]
Squat [1]
Deadlift [1]

VO2 max [3]

There are 4 elements based on appearance, 5 on strength performance, and 1 on fitness. In the "why do you train?" thread, you said appearance was most important to you, so we make those factors worth 2 points each. Fitness has the greatest effect on longevity and long-term health, so we make that 3 points, with the lifts being worth 1 point each. Best numbers in each section wins the points for that section, the other guy gets zero.

Of course you must continue eating KFC and Subway and the rest, and I must not eat any. Or else it is not a valid comparison and that guy forfeits the competition :p

Edit: he's 6'2"?! Excellent! That gives him a big advantage, he has a larger frame to put mass onto. Along with the deadlifts and his younger age, that advantage is very good for him. I'm very glad of this, since between my smaller frame, my mutant back, and my being older than him, he won't be able to complain when he loses, he'll have nothing and no-one to blame but himself. :p

Last edited:
Us weak weasels need to challenge each-other to spur us on, Nick, we can't just go straight for the quarter-tonne like you! :p

Don't try and make out you are an under dog.

It's sad.

Lets just leave it at this and see where we are at in 3 months mkay.

By the way I'll get those stats you want this week. And yes I will continue with the subway and kfc.

Well I figured the argument was pointless, but at least this way we might achieve something while being dicks. =D

I hate when i read the first page of the thread and then reply not realising that there was another 11 pages in the thread!

Last edited:
Us weak weasels need to challenge each-other to spur us on, Nick, we can't just go straight for the quarter-tonne like you! :p

I wasn't hanging shit on you at all Kyle. I was just amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of the OP.

Ignorant and stupid? We'll see in three months! The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

... the pudding-like belly he's going to have after three months of KFC and Subway! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.