• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Subway Bacon and Egg $5 Foot Long Sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, I don't think anyone is asuming anything man. You asked whether it was a good breakfast or not, and you seemed to think it is. A lot of people thought otherwise.

I will add this though, I eat a very clean diet and sit at about 3500 cals. I was putting on mass gradually and then for some reason hit a flat spot and even lost a little. One of the PT's at my gym said to me to keep my good diet throughout the week and eat whatever I want on the weekend. Pizza, Macca's etc. etc. I have bought this into my diet a little bit on the weekend (last 4 weeks) and I have started to gain once again. Though I am gaining more fat now than I was before.

I reckon you can eat what you are saying, but wouldn't advise it for Breakfast and wouldn't advise it too frequently.

About having an addictive personality I wouldn't know. But when he's insulting people who give him long, thoughtful and detailed advice, I think it's unlikely he'll take any at all.

Gyms are full of people who drift in, play around without real direction or purpose, brush away any attempt to help them, and drift out again having achieved nothing. Most of them are young men - part of being a young bloke is thinking everyone else is a moron and you're seven foot tall and bulletproof.

Some of them surprise you, they cut through all that macho dick-waving and sort themselves out. Most, you just have to wait till they hit somewhere around 30 and come to their senses.

Kyle you wrote:

"Wheat grass? Probiotics? That's pointless.

But whatever. If you don't care what we think, why did you ask?

Chomp away! Remember your five basic food groups: Subway, KFC, McDs, beer and chocolate. Have some of each every day!"

"Maybe it's left over from his dinner the night before.

Along with the cold pizza and half a can of flat beer."

That's well thought out advice is it? To make blanket assumptions based on your own bad habbits and apply them to people you don't know in a smart arse way.

Get a clue mate.

No, first I gave the long, thoughtful, detailed reply. You dismissed that, and the long, thoughtful and detailed replies of several other people, too, with the brilliant riposte, "but I have some mates who eat nothing but KFC and they are buff! And anyway who are you to tell me things?"

And that was when the mockery started.

That's the issue. Nobody here will be given a hard time for not knowing something. All of us are learning, even Fadi and Markos, and they have decades of experience compared to ignorant inexperienced people like you and me. We all ask questions, or maybe we just quietly read and learn.

But when someone asks a question and rejects the answers, that's when people here get frustrated and give up on you.

You do need to learn a lot about people.

Just because someone asks you a question does not mean that they are obligated to follow your advice. When someone rejects your advice in future, perhaps you should try a little maturity and accept that people do not have to follow your advice, rather than mocking the person for not accepting your advice.

Notice that my insults only came after you mocked me. You can't complain about something that you started.

Tim, why ask a question if you are not going to take on board the advice? You thought that it was a good breakfast, but in fact it is not. You proceeded to say that you will not listen to anyone but Shrek and your buddies, that to me is immaturity.

You have demonstrated that you have an interesting understanding of eating and building. I reckon you should listen to alot that has been said in this thread. It took me a while to get my head around the nutrition stuff.

Okay for example if you ask the question 'what car should I buy?'

And one person replies 'a Ford', another replies 'A Holden', another replies 'A Daihatsu', and another 'A Hyundai'.

Should you then follow every piece of advice and buy all 4 cars because you asked the question and you should follow the advice if you ask the question?

I follow advice that I agree with. If I do not agree with some advice, I will not follow it. It doesn't matter if I ask a question or not. I am in no way obligated to follow the advice given. If I did follow everyone's advice in this thread I would be eating 4000 calories in the morning like Fadi said with 11 eggs. I would also be eating the sub with ham instead of bacon. I would also be eating no take away at all. And the list goes on.

The point of my original question was mainly to find out if the nutritional info given was correct. And also to gather a wide variety of information about the food listed. I never actually asked for opinions that weren't backed up by information. What I would have loved would be replies like 'The protein amounts listed there seem unrealistic to me. Instead of KFC if you get a bag of ingam buffolo wings that aren't deep fried you'll avoid a lot of the bad fats you'll get with KFC. Plus you'll save some money'.

To me that's a good reply based on good information.

The replies you gave me were half arsed opinionate crap.

It is unreasonable for you to expect me to follow your advice for the simple reason that I asked a question.

I hope you realize this.

Gee - and I thought the point of a forum was to have some healthy discussion about whatever questions or topics the forum members come up with.

What I would have loved would be replies like 'The protein amounts listed there seem unrealistic to me. Instead of KFC if you get a bag of ingam buffolo wings that aren't deep fried you'll avoid a lot of the bad fats you'll get with KFC. Plus you'll save some money'.

To me that's a good reply based on good information.

Instead, it seems you wanted us to give you the answer you wanted to hear. Forgive me for getting it so wrong and chipping in with my own
half arsed opinionate crap.

My first post in the thread was this one, and I wrote it with the best of intentions...
Hello Timguyperson,

Personally I don't think it's a great breakfast either. I'm an ectomorph / ecto-meso like you and filling my stomach with deep fried food which is high in saturated fat leaves less room for me to consume protein-rich and nutrient-rich food.

You know, when I worked out that I was a hardgainer I spent a lot of time googling to find out whether that meant I could eat as much chocolate and biscuits as I like. Sadly I discovered that the answer was no. So personally I would keep the KFC/Subway meal in moderation (2 times per week maximum) rather than a daily occurrence.

I guess I better not offer any more thoughts on any of your threads knowing that you just see it as
half arsed opinionate crap.

I was referring to Josh and Kyles posts. As they are the ones having a dig at me.

It's amazes me though how no one is prepared to be disagreed with.

Ok. I guess that is a misunderstanding on my part, I took offence at you calling my writing "crap" but it turns out you weren't referring to me.

Similarly, maybe you are misunderstanding Kyle + Josh? Have you considered that? I've just read through the entire thread and I can't find where Josh was having a go at you. As for Kyle - I've read many, many of his posts over the past 3 months and I reckon he has an ironic tone of voice in his posts that come across badly to people who are unfamiliar with him.

Look - I guess on an online forum we need to give people the benefit of the doubt. We are NOT out to "have a dig at you" as you say. When people post on this forum, please think that they do so in order to provoke thought & stimulate discussion before jumping to the conclusion that they are bagging you out.

Back on topic - what are you having for breakfasts these days?

That's a decent start to the day I think?

That's an okay start to the day isn't it?

That is funny, because this is the question that you actually asked. It was worded "That's an ok start to the day isn't it/I think?"

You already had pre-conceived ideas and quite frankly you were wrong, this has resulted in your getting your knickers in a knot.

As for the car example, give me a break. You didn't ask anything like that, you were asking about nutrition which I believe is either Black or White in the circumstances you were asking. If you asked about a car, we would ask what your intentions are for them. We know your intentions for your body and gave advice accordingly. I am not an expert at all and this is from what I have learnt over my time researching.

Anyway, I am out of here because this is going no where.

Katie you are on the money in the above post.

Nah I have no problem with being disagreed with. My only problem is when people start having a go at me. (in all honesty this is true).

To tell you the truth Katie your advice is probably the one I've followed the most. I'm still having subway but I've cut the kfc down to a couple times a week.

I have no problem with the advice. I just don't like Kyle saying things like 'well you're eating kfc, you must be a drunk who eats old pizza as well then, and you must be a total idiot who makes all these other mistakes as well...oh and I'm assuming that you are a young idiot throwing around his dick trying to be tough...and I'm assuming that you'll probably stop working out any day now because you aren't committed...oh and I'm assuming that you are this and that as well...all based on the fact that you eat kfc.' That kind of thing pisses me right off. It's just such narrow minded stupid crap.

But like I said I don't mind being disagreed with at all. Part of what I do with volunteer counselling and studying psychology is being prepared to be disagreed with. You can guide a person (without any advice mind you) and yet at the end of the session you must realize that it is the individual's decision and you must be supportive of that because that individual is the person most equipped to make the right decision for them.

I agree though my question could have been asked better. But I'm not perfect =)

And everyone has pre-conceived ideas about everything in life.

Nah I have no problem with being disagreed with. My only problem is when people start having a go at me. (in all honesty this is true).

As I've said, I've read the whole thread and I honestly believe ppl aren't having a go at you. I honestly like to think this forum is a nice supportive place, so if you feel offended, the other person probably didn't mean it. (Remember I was just offended by something you said but turns out you didn't mean it that way)

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYWAY, moving right along. I am glad you've cut down on the KFC. Excessive saturated fat is no good, you might be lean as anything but you never know, you could have high cholesterol or a bad (ie. low) HDL/LDL ratio. You just don't know about your cholesterol till you get a blood test. While you have youth and metabolism on your side, it won't last so as others have said, time to have good habits now :)

So you're a student are you? So was I - a couple of years ago - and I still eat like one now (ie. very cheaply). But did you know that it's actually cheaper and healthier to cook at home than eat takeaway (especially fast foods)?? I eat out very rarely.

I don't think it's cheaper katie. But it's healthier I agree.

Like for a bacon and egg sub, $5 is pretty damn cheap. I don't think you'd be able to make that at home for that amount. For a bread roll like subway you can pay a couple dollars just in that.

Usually though it's cheaper to cook at home, which I actually do every day.

Also Kyle has admitted to mocking me. So I'm not just imagining it. I'm sure you have a very open optimistic view of life though from what I can tell in your posts which is pretty great. However I've dealt many times with people giving me crap and bullying me so I'm prone to notice it very easily and get very pissed at it in small doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.