• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

STFU i want guns...

His bicep is quite long, not much space between the elbow.
Less than two fingers between the end of the muscle and elbow is not common.

Just curious, does this actually mean something? I have 2 fingers between end of my muscle and below.

Last edited:
yeah fair enough. does anyone have any idea how much size in inchs , comes off your arms when dropping say 10kg through a cutting phase? is there a rough translating formula or not?

i would assume there would not be since some people carry less fat on arms/legs than others but who knows ?

yeah fair enough. does anyone have any idea how much size in inchs , comes off your arms when dropping say 10kg through a cutting phase? is there a rough translating formula or not?

i would assume there would not be since some people carry less fat on arms/legs than others but who knows ?

There are too many variables - stimulus, genetics, diet, structure...

For a non natural on a solid diet and training program i wouldn't put it past them to put on size.

Just curious, does this actually mean something? I have 2 fingers between end of my muscle and below.

Yup it's all about muscle bellies and their "insertion points" - where they connect onto the tendon. Someone that can fit more than 2 fingers between the bicep and elbow will have a much more peaked bicep, while someone with muscle belly attachments like Supaturk has a much more fuller look. Same idea with calves, lats etc

Nothing you can do about it, all genetics

I have to admit that I do t really train bi's that frequency.. On e a weak if I can be bothered but bi training gives me wrist and forearm pain. When I out the bar don't I have to hold onto it and slowly release other wise I get this pain in my forearms it's weird..

I do cgbp and Alot of dips. Things will be improving soon and going to start doing slot of chins when I buy a power band.

Thats the exact same pain i get man, restricts me to curling like 30kg and even then i get the same pain. Its a weird pain like my forearms are splintering or something lol.

The way i get around it n00bs is reverse curls and DB hammer curls. I get no pain in my forearms with these and they seem to do the job okay. Other then that i do lots of CGBP and dips cause as already said, tris are 2/3 of your arms anyways.

I only have 17.5" arms but try out the reverse curls.

I have to admit that I do t really train bi's that frequency.. On e a weak if I can be bothered but bi training gives me wrist and forearm pain. When I out the bar don't I have to hold onto it and slowly release other wise I get this pain in my forearms it's weird..

I do cgbp and Alot of dips. Things will be improving soon and going to start doing slot of chins when I buy a power band.

Thats your problem mate lol gotta train guns to get big guns

Thats the exact same pain i get man, restricts me to curling like 30kg and even then i get the same pain. Its a weird pain like my forearms are splintering or something lol.

The way i get around it n00bs is reverse curls and DB hammer curls. I get no pain in my forearms with these and they seem to do the job okay. Other then that i do lots of CGBP and dips cause as already said, tris are 2/3 of your arms anyways.

I only have 17.5" arms but try out the reverse curls.

Wow i wish mine were that big.

I dont think people think i lift weights unless im wearing footy shorts.

There is such thing as middle ground. Whenever people say arm work it usually involves someone who cant bench 3 discs doing an 'arm day'. On the other hand the 'dont train arms' people are way off track as well.

Again triceps (the muscle group we keep ignoring) are 2/3rds of the arm and are primarily built by benching, pressing and dips. Skullcrushers and pushdowns aren't great choices because the former pisses off elbows like nothing else whilst the latter requires an expensive machine christian doesnt have.

Biceps don't require a shopping list of exercises - any full range curl for a couple of sets will get the job done.

As long as these bases are touched I cant see what a tonne of isolation works going to do - everyone has a 70kg friend with 'small rear delts' who tries rear laterals, face pulls and kettlebell shrugs for months to find their rear delts havent moved at all. Importing the routine of an ultra responsive pro is destined for fail.

Yup it's all about muscle bellies and their "insertion points" - where they connect onto the tendon. Someone that can fit more than 2 fingers between the bicep and elbow will have a much more peaked bicep, while someone with muscle belly attachments like Supaturk has a much more fuller look. Same idea with calves, lats etc

Nothing you can do about it, all genetics

ah okay thanks for explaining it. I like the long look:)

A longer muscle will always have the appearence looking a bigger muscle, not as strong but bigger.
Leverages (insertions) also play a factor, we all know this.

Most trainees don't put much effort or intensity into the bicep curl, adding or tagging it onto the end of a workout.
The standing BB curl is a great exercise

^ I fond my delts come into it too much ebb I go heavier..

Is it better just go move a heavy fucking weight or have better 'form'?