• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

STFU i want guns...

Good work Big Jim. I was gonna ask what the benefits of a fat bar were, but that link covered it. I was guessing they'd be good for grip, wrists and forearms and seems that is the case.

It'd be nice to have one for home gym but not sure if I'd get enough bang for my buck i.e. grip, wrists & forearms aren't my highest priority and can still be worked with a conventional barbell. Hmmm, have to think it over.

Last edited:
I have small arms, never measured them but I'll do so now as I'm intrigued. I reckon around 14".

Hahaha

Not even! I measured them last night and only 32cm or 12.6" But I comfortably curl 45kg for reps.

Ah well, I'm with n00bs, stfu I want guns!

Cheers,
Mike

That strong curling for skinny arms. Perhaps you need to do more work on your triceps to gain size?

My arms are 16" and its mainly tricep bulk. I haven't done much work on my bicep but I'm planning on hitting them hard from now on. Would love to get to 18"

Me: 16" on the right, 15.5" on the left. Uneven guns :(

Rarely train arms in isolation except the occasional curls (35kg for 3x8 max). Maybe I should. I want 18" like ceffo! :p

Maybe Markos should write PTC GGG (Goin' Great Gunz?) due to overwhelming demands in this thread?

Ceffo, you talking flexed or un flexed?

Flexed.. If were talking unflexed here its prob more like 16.5..
Anywayzzzzz...

Markos is coming out with a GGG (Guns gets girls) program soon.. Im gonna buy it... I think the secret is still to curl in the squat rack :D