• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
well its a very common trend in how science has failed its population that pays their wage...

now we know, fat isn't the enemy, its not causing heart problems yet people for decades were put on cholesterol treatment which arguably did more harm than good. especially cause doctors know absolutely nothing about diet and excercise.

then the antidepressants, i thought you'd relate to this being a religious man, didn't they do just fine 1000yrs ago? why would something close to 40% of the population need anti depressants today, when we are exactly the same biological people from way back to 100,000 yrs if not 300,000 yrs ago, only with teaching. did they need pills 1000yrs ago? don't get me wrong, testosterone is far far different to SSRI and the plethra of other drugs (tweaking brain chemistry at seritonin etc)

what about these doctors your highly respect, what about their high suicide rates???
but you trust them with you life? to make the best decision in your health? or the best decision in the guidelines made but some bullshit pannel of people who's kids are out there taking drugs each weekend?

its a twisted world we live in. and if they didn't want drugs, there wouldn't be any... end of story.

riddle me that @Fadi; why is it everyone can get anything basically. (i know theres too many idiots, just like this thread shows, i cringe reading the last posts cause of stupid mis information)

Last edited:
Regardless of personal desire, any use beyond medical purposes deemed viable by law is considered abuse
The law doesn't decide that, doctors decide prescriptions. In principle a doctor could prescribe 7,000mg test eth a week to everyone who walked in his door, though obviously if he did, someone would complain and he'd be up before the board and probably get struck off. So it's doctor's judgment. But it is quite legal under prescription, this stuff is on the PBS after all.

Some doctors refuse to prescribe a contraception pill for women, most will give it to whoever wants it. By your reasoning, this would be "drug abuse" if it was one doctor, not drug abuse if it was the other doctor. Which is silly. So the moral question is relevant, because doctors make moral judgments all the time.

In any case I don't care about the law, I care about what's smart and moral. Taking prescription drugs with the advice of some anonymous fucksticks on a web forum is not smart, what next, they're going to do an arthroscopy on someone? "But I have studied it a lot, I went on doyourownsurgery.com." Taking health advice from Oni would be like taking marriage advice from Grunta. No thanks. I'd like the advice of a professional, thanks. Not some drongo like Lyn Jones.

I am not keen on cosmetic surgery except for people who've copped things like horrible burns or mastectomies. Cutting your body up when your life or health is not in danger does not seem like a smart thing to do. Risks vs benefits, people do die on the operating table during routine stuff, after all. But pretty hard to draw a line and say, allow this and not that. So the moral question is fucking tricky.

But currently we accept surgery to change your looks, so why not drugs? If USAF pilots can take drugs to stay awake and thus improve their job performance, why can't we have drugs to make you big and buff for sports? Consistency here. Allowed for all, or allowed for none.

in ww2 the french started using amphetamines, maybe before?
after then, other countries got ahold of the information and tested. not unlike the OLYMPIC GAMES!!! (different drugs of course)

not sure about today, but until recently every fighter pilot had to take dexamphetamine to stay alert, now its modafinil for less sides. they have no medical reason to take these drugs, its purely, and example, cosmetic.

its purely to perform better at their job.

so what about paid fitnes models, and bodybuilders? arn't they paid to look the way they do? yet you think they should be 100% cut off from HOW they can look that way? why?

but magazines and media make it so you HAVE to look like that to be a pro and get paid???

cmon i thought you were better than this [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; coming from your days in competing. what about things that are not tested, but people love to see, ok huge eg, euro strongman events!

Is it all in their mind? I didn't say or even remotely suggested any such thing. If a doctor finds that you need some antidepressants and prescribed them for you, where's the problem?

the problem lies in the system you hold so true to your heart that it cannot ever be wrong... but time and time again, it is wrong, and so wrong its not even funny. its my turn not to waste time going into detail, i could be here all day quoting silly medical papers.

when you put your faith into other peoples hands, you have no control. why not research as much as you can, and put that faith into your own hands?

What happens if you jump on TRT, therefore your balls completely shrivel up and something happens so you have to come off TRT?

Your balls are dead due to the TRT. What now?

Theres a member here who claims his Dr told him he had to come off TRT. Lucky for him he was only young so he still had a chance of regaining some ball usage.

A little bit of natural Test is better than no Test if you have to come off TRT.

Then theres the unknown of TRT.

the whole taking test and shutdown forever is a complete myth. its to satisfy the public who don't know better so people who take it, can do as they do and blend in. and then rebound like a champ, which is what happens time and time again

edit: if anything, it resets your system, so you can carry you aquired muscle better. how is that bad? ive never lost anything but water from a cycle, maybe your doing it wrong?

Last edited:
then people taking antidepressants need to harden the fuck up, because that is not a MEDICAL NEED.

its all in their mind.

people with high cholesterole need to eat better, simple stupid.
don't get me started diabetes!!!

people with low testosterone.... oh they can go to hell.

do you even know the effects of aging @Fadi; and how we can now medicate against it? properly and safely, not what the other posters are exagerating about?

no, because your on a high horse and have zero perspective. enjoy your limited life.

Lets take all those diabetics off insulin shall we? I am going to take a wild stab that you work in the "alternative medicine" industry or something similar?

I have rapid cycling shizoaffective type I bipolar, i take 1500mg of lithium and up to 1600mg of seroquel to stabilise my mood and even then it's often not enough. When in a depressive phase (which often follows a severe manic phase in which i don't sleep for up to 72hrs at a time, should i just get over it and go to sleep?), it's not a matter of "hardening up", it's a matter of staying alive, getting out of bed to go take a piss is an extremely difficult task, those with severe depression cannot simply "harden up".

Your statement regarding people with depression is profoundly ignorant and very insulting from those who suffer from depression, should people with schizophrenia just turn the voices off in their head?

I'm still in shock that anyone could be ignorant enough to make that statement.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this as living the life of @Grunta; running around shagging anything that's moves does appeal to me, so just a few more questions if I may.

@C_T; you say testicular shutdown is a myth. But the reason @Johnnie Walker; is on TRT is because his balls shutdown due to Steroid use.

Secondly, didn't you (C_T) used to run very short 6 week cycles on very low Test P. Prolly why your nuts didn't go into long term shutdown?

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this as living the life of @Grunta; running around shagging anything that's moves does appeal to me, so just a few more questions if I may.

@C_T; you say testicular shutdown is a myth. But the reason @Johnnie Walker; is on TRT is because his balls shutdown due to Steroid use.

Secondly, didn't you (C_T) used to run very short 6 week cycles on very low Test P. Prolly why your nuts didn't go into long term shutdown?

Well it's not quite like that
i don't chase anything that moves like a grayhound, only the hot ones.
i see beautiful women and I get captivated by them

Lets take all those diabetics off insulin shall we? I am going to take a wild stab that you work in the "alternative medicine" industry or something similar?

I have rapid cycling shizoaffective type I bipolar, i take 1500mg of lithium and up to 1600mg of seroquel to stabilise my mood and even then it's often not enough. When in a depressive phase (which often follows a severe manic phase in which i don't sleep for up to 72hrs at a time, should i just get over it and go to sleep?), it's not a matter of "hardening up", it's a matter of staying alive, getting out of bed to go take a piss is an extremely difficult task, those with severe depression cannot simply "harden up".

Your statement regarding people with depression is profoundly ignorant and very insulting from those who suffer from depression, should people with schizophrenia just turn the voices off in their head?

I'm still in shock that anyone could be ignorant enough to make that statement.

1600mg seroquel?? fuck me! im on it too but a tiny dose

but ct is right, you should really just get some sleep when your manic, lol!

Last edited: