• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
maybe you should qualify that; one of the prime reasons why sporting standards have improved is the fact that much greater attention is now given to strength in all sports.

As a sport, weightlifting also quite popular to watch as entertainment, including in UK. So, many still appreciate efforts to lift more. I would imagine there is quite an interest on this site.

Finally, what would you rather many young people do if they were not trying to get stronger (or more muscular). Not everyone can be a fighter or a footy player.

Would you rather von express his anger through guns or lifting heavier weights? I say latter.

I don't believe your first statement is correct or accurate.
Money alone is the primary reason, which in-turn gave the athlete time to devote more focus on "skills" training, and selectors in that time became more competent selecting the right individual.

Strength training has done almost nothing to contribute in a positive way, only a handful of strength coaches on this planet have a "duty of care" approach.

oh ok, thanks for correcting me.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6933214/tmq-mel-kiper-jr-size-increase-football-players

Kiper's numbers: From 1991 to 2011, top-five offensive tackles increased from an average of 22 reps of 225 pounds to 26. Top-five guards increased from 22 to 29 reps. Top-five centers increased from an average of 21 to an amazing 30 reps. A generation ago, coaches put quick, crafty players at center. Today centers are muscle-bound specimens.

Roll Kiper's numbers together and here is what you get: Today's offensive linemen are on average 24 percent heavier than those of 1979, plus an average 31 percent stronger than those of 1991.

thats good for NFL players. still waiting to here how being strong actually benefits your life outside sport/physical jobs.

Dont you know nufink?
It's so when you're smashed you can still carry the massive fat pissed chick to your hotel room.

oh ok, thanks for correcting me.

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6933214/tmq-mel-kiper-jr-size-increase-football-players

Kiper's numbers: From 1991 to 2011, top-five offensive tackles increased from an average of 22 reps of 225 pounds to 26. Top-five guards increased from 22 to 29 reps. Top-five centers increased from an average of 21 to an amazing 30 reps. A generation ago, coaches put quick, crafty players at center. Today centers are muscle-bound specimens.

Roll Kiper's numbers together and here is what you get: Today's offensive linemen are on average 24 percent heavier than those of 1979, plus an average 31 percent stronger than those of 1991.

Don't be kunty, it's a discussion, you cannot make an average player in any sport elite simply by increasing his bench or giving him supplements, I don't care what stats you produce.

But, reducing fat and improving condition will certainly improve the athlete.

thats good for NFL players. still waiting to here how being strong actually benefits your life outside sport/physical jobs.

I think grunta has answered it. How many guys try to get bigger and stronger in order to pull more chicks?

And how many girls actually g for guys who are big and strong, like grunta?

I would say enough to suggest that being big and strong can make a difference for many.

I also think that being big and strong is an ongoing trait respected by humanity. After all, we are just animals and sheer appearance can go a long way.

SB, but if we are talking about sport, I can't see how elite sport can be excluded. Fact is that weights have helped them get stronger, as it does for many sportspeople.

I retract SB. but there are may reason why people do weights; strength, vanity, well being, pulling chicks or guys, something to do, helping prove one's prowess before like minded peers, helping you physical state with manual work (including bouncing), and being better at sport.

Losing fat and increasing strength will improve all those conditions.
Training explosively does not make a person more explosive, a stronger more flexible muscle does.

More often than not bringing an average athlete from a 100kg barbell squat to a 200kg barbell squat is not going to make this athlete a better athlete.

However bringing an average athlete from a fat overweight 100kg barbell squat to a lean 200kg barbell squat is going to expose the raw material to the coach to make this bloke a better athlete.

well, I went from 12.2 in 100m to 11.2 while improving my squat from 110kg to 172.5kg (bodyweight went from 80kg to 90kg).

and I had 6 years of little aths behind me, so had a basic understanding of how to run.

I think grunta has answered it. How many guys try to get bigger and stronger in order to pull more chicks?

And how many girls actually g for guys who are big and strong, like grunta?

I would say enough to suggest that being big and strong can make a difference for many.

I also think that being big and strong is an ongoing trait respected by humanity. After all, we are just animals and sheer appearance can go a long way.

really doubt many chicks care what your bench is if you are ripped

no, but if you have a powerful and muscular physique, chances are you have some decent lifts. Pretty hard to look powerful if you are not, although sometimes looks can be deceptive.

well, I went from 12.2 in 100m to 11.2 while improving my squat from 110kg to 172.5kg (bodyweight went from 80kg to 90kg).

and I had 6 years of little aths behind me, so had a basic understanding of how to run.

There are many contributing factors at play, your statement means, not a lot.

What I will say to you is;

proper time sent in the gym will have many benefits, but it is not the main contributing factor to our present state of elite athletes.

*A lot more people are playing sport than ever before
*More money available
*People are making a living from it, it's now an industry

There are many contributing factors at play, your statement means, not a lot.

What I will say to you is;

proper time sent in the gym will have many benefits, but it is not the main contributing factor to our present state of elite athletes.

*A lot more people are playing sport than ever before
*More money available
*People are making a living from it, it's now an industry

come on, you said an ordinary athlete will not improve from strength; well i did and so do many others from getting stronger.

come on, you said an ordinary athlete will not improve from strength; well i did and so do many others from getting stronger.

I said ordinary to Elite.

Ordinary would be average

Elite is an athlete being paid full-time

I said gym work has benefits

Fuck it, I can't be bothered.

This stuff cannot be properly explained on a forum, or at least the stuff I'm thinking, We'll sit down and discuss over a beer some time.