• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats are better for fat loss than Cardio

It's true. I lost 6kg of fat this year doing no "cardio" but instead squatting 3 times a week.

n00bs, you don't have to get your panties in a twist because someone says something stupid, which you don't like. You're far from perfection yourself, mate. I don't know if you realise it, but most people don't think highly of someone who resembles a rambling illiterate like yourself, yet have the audacity to offer medical & health-related advices. Now we here know better (that you have the right knowledge despite very poor presentation) but you shouldn't take that for granted and get cocky.

It's true. I lost 6kg of fat this year doing no "cardio" but instead squatting 3 times a week.

n00bs, you don't have to get your panties in a twist because someone says something stupid, which you don't like. You're far from perfection yourself, mate. I don't know if you realise it, but most people don't think highly of someone who resembles a rambling illiterate like yourself, yet have the audacity to offer medical & health-related advices. Now we here know better (that you have the right knowledge despite very poor presentation) but you shouldn't take that for granted and get cocky.

If you dont like it listen to someone else.

Because i dont care what people think...

Last time i checked i was giving people infomaiton to help their lives to be better... Not rambling like a illiterate. Rambling is tlaking shit about something when you have no idea about it.

Am i not aloud to like someone.. I just dont like him he has had numerous cracks at me, and my medical conditions and if it was real life he would be face down in a ditch.

If someone has a problem with how i deliver my incoherant ramblings they have a few options.

1. cover their vagina
2. grow some
3. get a life
4.blow me

Last edited:
No im having roid rage... :mad::D:eek::cool:
Ok, here's another opinion for you then...

Markos is the real deal. He's a big guy with track record and a great mentoring coaching mindset. He talks a bit rough at the edges, but that's who he is. I see a lot of guys here lately engaging in a bit of hero worship. That's cool. But can we all take a step back and ease up on the tough talk?

All I see is you and Powerbuilder acting like a couple of schoolkids having a penis contest. Mines bigger, no mines bigger, no MINES bigger.

Who cares!

If you have an opinion, express it, but keep the testosterone laden ego talk for the schoolyard.

A lot of the opinions on here are great, its just the egos that are getting in the way at the moment. That goes for all the posters who like to tough it up at the moment and prove how cool they are by talking the big talk. It doesn't prove anything other than maybe they probably would lose that schoolyard penis size contest if they actually had to ante up.

Just my humble opinion. The attitude is getting out of control.

Cheers,
Mike

Ok, here's another opinion for you then...

Markos is the real deal. He's a big guy with track record and a great mentoring coaching mindset. He talks a bit rough at the edges, but that's who he is. I see a lot of guys here lately engaging in a bit of hero worship. That's cool. But can we all take a step back and ease up on the tough talk?

All I see is you and Powerbuilder acting like a couple of schoolkids having a penis contest. Mines bigger, no mines bigger, no MINES bigger.

Who cares!

If you have an opinion, express it, but keep the testosterone laden ego talk for the schoolyard.

A lot of the opinions on here are great, its just the egos that are getting in the way at the moment. That goes for all the posters who like to tough it up at the moment and prove how cool they are by talking the big talk. It doesn't prove anything other than maybe they probably would lose that schoolyard penis size contest if they actually had to ante up.

Just my humble opinion. The attitude is getting out of control.

Cheers,
Mike

Ok so we all want to be markos, thank you for your interpretation..

If you want to video tape me and poweranger behind the school shed it would be fine with me :D

.wait? no homo!! :rolleyes:

Ok, we have all had our say.

Everyone shut up and Squat..

and remember cardio is for pansy's :p

Everyone shut up and Squat..

and remember cardio is for pansy's :p
Yesuh!

Today is my squat PPP day so I'm itching to get into it. Had to take last week off with a cold so looking forward to getting back under the bar. Tick tock, tick tock...

Cheers,
Mike

Yesuh!

Today is my squat PPP day so I'm itching to get into it. Had to take last week off with a cold so looking forward to getting back under the bar. Tick tock, tick tock...

Cheers,
Mike

Week off means pain now..

SO........ getting back on topic here. lol.

I lost my first like 20kg with no running/sprinting/bike riding etc. Did it all with Diet and lifting heavy.

When i did get to a stage where my weight loss slowed, instead of reducing calories (because i was already eating under maintenance) i added in sprinting to try and speed up the metabolism.

At the moment i am again at a point were my weight loss has slowed, im going to add in some sprints to try and get it moving again because it has worked in the past.

My goal is to get to 10% bodyfat, so doing sprints isnt stupid right, cause its my goal? :p

You could do squats instead of sprinting, but do you just want to be a 10% body fat muscley guy or a 10% body fat muscley guy who has pretty good conditioning for sports etc? It all depends on your goals, Shrek is in it for solely bodybuilding(correct me if I am wrong Shrek) and he is correct for his goals as are the people who write the article.

SO........ getting back on topic here. lol.

I lost my first like 20kg with no running/sprinting/bike riding etc. Did it all with Diet and lifting heavy.

When i did get to a stage where my weight loss slowed, instead of reducing calories (because i was already eating under maintenance) i added in sprinting to try and speed up the metabolism.

At the moment i am again at a point were my weight loss has slowed, im going to add in some sprints to try and get it moving again because it has worked in the past.

My goal is to get to 10% bodyfat, so doing sprints isnt stupid right, cause its my goal? :p

Nothing wrong with HIT mate...

marathoner_sprinter2.jpg

We have seen it a million times..

These guys look better then bodybuilders...

Goals are rather nebulis in nature, having said that, the longer you have been weight training the clearer it becomes.

The key to weight control is what goes in the hole and portion size.

Using exercise as a means of controlling weight is specious at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going against the rule on this forum.

In that you don't treat diet like weight training.

To garner results in resistance training you need overload to grow.

To garner results for weight control you need to stay a little hungry after a feeding.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah im in it to be 10% body fat and whether i look like a body builder or an athlete i would be more than stoked either way lol. Just to be 10% bodyfat would be amazing for me. I dont think i have even been under 25%.

I saw the best results when i was both squatting 3x per week and sprinting, so im thinking about going back to that instead of PPP where i only squat once per week and am too fatigued to sprint at all.

Oh by the way, i think people took my last comment the wrong way, i was playing along with the on going joke lol :) Fail.

You could do squats instead of sprinting, but do you just want to be a 10% body fat muscley guy or a 10% body fat muscley guy who has pretty good conditioning for sports etc? It all depends on your goals, Shrek is in it for solely bodybuilding(correct me if I am wrong Shrek) and he is correct for his goals as are the people who write the article.
You will not stand correct.
I am in it for BB purposes. I prefer to do cardio (for fitness not weight loss) when in calorie surpluss, this will avoid catabolism.

Bigjim, how long do you want or plan to stay 10%
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigjim, how long do you want or plan to stay 10%
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunno havent really thought about it. I would like to stay under 15% the whole time but i dont know what would be involved in staying at 10%. I just pulled 10% outta my ass as well as i have never been that low, i dont know what to expect.

I just want to have a low enough bf% to have a flat gut/visible abs and the rest that comes with having low bf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno havent really thought about it. I would like to stay under 15% the whole time but i dont know what would be involved in staying at 10%. I just pulled 10% outta my ass as well as i have never been that low, i dont know what to expect.

I just want to have a low enough bf% to have a flat gut/visible abs and the rest that comes with having low bf.

10%is ridiculously low isnt it? Bodybuilders get to 8% dont they? 10% if you wiegh 100 means 10kg is fat...

Your brain is 80% fat and fat is needed to surround organs.

Personally i think you sohuld scrap the whole number thing and go buy looks and what you FEEL is best for you..

Anyone can pull numbers out but what those numbers mean and feel like is a different scenario.

I dunno, i thought they got to 6-7%.

The reason i chose 10% was i was informed 10-12 % is where you start seeing abs coming through. I dont know how true this is.