• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat depth

did you by any chance read the edit note I wrote ?

Nah, missed it, started writing the post before the edit.

But my point still stands, if a fed allows its judges to give white lights to high squats then they can't expect to be taken seriously by everyone else.

A lot of PL seems like a lot of fat guys with beards

Hey-U-Mad.jpg

Fellas, Johns only joking with that vid trying to rile you up, those 3 attempts wouldnt pass a single serious fed, he's fucking with ya's lol. John knows damn well that ATG means Ass to Grass, not Almost touch Gibraltar.

Andy, I here you, but I'm going to try, one squat at a time

Andy, I here you, but I'm going to try, one squat at a time
I can't promise any of them will go to competition, but everyone I coach is made to go as deep as they physically can. So far, the blokes don't have strength goals, a few of the women do. All the women can manage below parallel, but some of the blokes have hamstrings tighter than a nun's nasty on a Sunday, it takes time to sort that out.

just found this comment on a video on youtube, enjoy lol.

"I don't condone ATG squats, as they put to much stress on the Posterior cruciate, but that makes it even more impressive. Good shit. I wanna see how much more you can squat with a powerlifting stance to parallel. You could definitely do 550."

I've never seen a bigger soap opera than in the powerlifting scene.

There's less gossip, bitching, rumors, rubbish, bullshit and in an episode of home and away.

Its tiring and fucking embarassing.

And the huffery and puffery before a lift is a joke sometimes. When was the last time an Olympic Lifter carried on like that before a lift?

And the huffery and puffery before a lift is a joke sometimes. When was the last time an Olympic Lifter carried on like that before a lift?

Brian Drescher:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fomcmoe0mY]YouTube - Brian 'the Living Legend' Drescher @ 2007 Empire State Games[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBoyb1X8Q0]YouTube - The Weightlifing Philosophies of Brian Drescher[/ame]

But yeah I get your point. There are a lot of politics in powerlifting, I find it slightly amusing but I'm sure it will get tiring soon enough.

From my experence,
Squat to depth every time (excluding warm ups if you are stiff)
if you just keep doing half squats in training come comp time no matter if you got a suit on you will be weak as piss in the hole.

I could do 20 180 half squats raw but maybe only do 1 raw from depth

Always get in the hole when squating it also feels alot better you get more spring works more muscles and when come comp time good night nurse.

Nah, missed it, started writing the post before the edit.

I thought as much. I had a bit of a think after I posted it and felt I needed to amend a few things..

But my point still stands, if a fed allows its judges to give white lights to high squats then they can't expect to be taken seriously by everyone else.

That's fair enough. It drives me crazy when kids play a sport and no breach of rules are acted upon since it's 'for fun'....what bull'....it's a competition, keep it fun & competitive...if it's for fun...why keep score? Life is all about disappointments...as adults it should be easy enough to manage..