• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is at the highest point on the adjustment, I think the lower ones are for shirt calved skinny jeans wearers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

My setup which has been evolving over the last two years.

This is an Iron Edge Assault Rack. It`s bomb proof and one of the only items that has been here since the start. I don`t see myself ever getting rid of it.

Cybex Lat pulldown - Love it and 250lbs stack makes for plenty of progression.

Any questions ask away :)

Cheers guys :)

The shed is about 50sq mts I reckon.

Sadly no air con, just a massive industrial fan but I am considering investing in some kind of air con unit as it`s a killer on a hot day.

It looks much more open than my roughly 47sq m shed, I might need to look at some alternative layouts I think :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=8971]Gettingbigger[/MENTION]; that would have to be one of the more impressive home gym setups i have seen, would love to have something half as good, which i dont so pay gym membership :(

Cheers. It started off as an area for me train, then the wife decided to start running PT and classes from the place, so now its always a battle for me to have heavy duty scary looking gear, vs her wanting pink kettlebells lol!

Based on inspiration from gettingbigger's layout with lots of space I moved a few things round. Planning GHR to replace the Hyper this weekend, leg press (where bikes are) and seated calf in back corner.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381870784928.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381870784928.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381870816359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381870816359.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 135
  • uploadfromtaptalk1381870861935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381870861935.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 133
Based on inspiration from gettingbigger's layout with lots of space I moved a few things round. Planning GHR to replace the Hyper this weekend, leg press (where bikes are) and seated calf in back corner.

Nice setup mate with an awesome imposing rack!!!!

What GHR are you getting? I looked at the Iron Edge one but shipping adds on another 230 to metro SA, which is crazy.

What benches do you have in the photos? I have a powertec and ironmaster one but I would like to replace them both with one really decent one.

Ironmaster is mega solid but too high, powertec is perfect height but doesnt feel as solid.

EDIT - And is that a cheeky little Swiss bar I see there? What are your thoughts on it? I`ve been thinking about getting one for tricep pressing and standing military.

Last edited:
I'm almost certainly getting the iron edge GHR, it's really solid, has helpful reverse Hyper handles (and band attachment points). But i'll be picking it up from the show room.

Swiss bar is good but not perfect. You may find its unwieldy for triceps pressing, it's a long 30 kg bar and the sleeves don't spin. But I've done some rows and overhead presses with it satisfactorily, and it's rack able. I found it puts me in an odd position for bent over rows though... Planning to try benching with it for my shoulders

Bench wise I have the Force USA Commercial Flat bench, cheap, seems solid, haven't benched over 100kg with it yet though and it has a 30cm back pad. My incline bench is the iron edge, solid, but pricey at about $600, almost too firm though, but very high quality like everything iron edge

I've got a cheap body solid ab board for decline exercises, I don't know that it's strong enough to even think about benching from though.

I'm also probably replacing the body iron pec/delt with the upright body solid version of the same at some point, it's just not a great fit to my body geometry, (so if anyone if melb wants to buy the body iron one :)

I'm almost certainly getting the iron edge GHR, it's really solid, has helpful reverse Hyper handles (and band attachment points). But i'll be picking it up from the show room.

Swiss bar is good but not perfect. You may find its unwieldy for triceps pressing, it's a long 30 kg bar and the sleeves don't spin. But I've done some rows and overhead presses with it satisfactorily, and it's rack able. I found it puts me in an odd position for bent over rows though... Planning to try benching with it for my shoulders

Bench wise I have the Force USA Commercial Flat bench, cheap, seems solid, haven't benched over 100kg with it yet though and it has a 30cm back pad. My incline bench is the iron edge, solid, but pricey at about $600, almost too firm though, but very high quality like everything iron edge

I've got a cheap body solid ab board for decline exercises, I don't know that it's strong enough to even think about benching from though.

Argh I wish I lived close to them mate so I could check out their stuff. I will be really interested to read a review or your thoughts and pics on it when/if you get it as I am really tempted to pick one up. I would sell the Hyper Extension machine that I currently have as you can do back work and more with the GHR I guess.

What are your thoughts on the Iron Edge bench then? Is there much of a gap between the pads when in the flat position? Does it feel really secure/heavy?

Sorry for all the questions bud but you have some nice gear!