• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The iron edge bench is very secure and reasonably heavy, I'm 110kg and it doesn't feel in any way flimsy to me. There is some gap, which is one of the reasons I have the seperate flat bench, but it's not obnoxious. In general I think it's a pretty decent bench.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Based on inspiration from gettingbigger's layout with lots of space I moved a few things round. Planning GHR to replace the Hyper this weekend, leg press (where bikes are) and seated calf in back corner.

great set-up mayne

3879_-_animated_gif_chuck_norris_dodgeball_thumbs_up.gif

The amount of seat heights looks less on the IE one so there may be other subtle differences I guess?

actually edit that I reckon it could be a typo on the IE site

My home gym will be a while away, but I've been looking around at racks for ages. Can't decide if I want a full power rack or a half rack like the assault rack or similar.. Also can't decide if I want bumpers, rubber coated or cast iron plates..

There is lol.
They're getting in a replacement incline bench soon anyway.
Forget who it's made by but they were a pretty big/well known international company

Oh I may well wait then as I would be gutted to buy it and then have them improve it a short time later. Have you got some inside info on it then?

My home gym will be a while away, but I've been looking around at racks for ages. Can't decide if I want a full power rack or a half rack like the assault rack or similar.. Also can't decide if I want bumpers, rubber coated or cast iron plates..

I was stuck in similar position of wanting a power rack. I sometimes still do but there has always been a compromise somewhere with one aspect or another. In fairness the Assault rack has never skipped a beat in the two years I have owned it. I am convinced it would survive a Doomsday Device attack its that strong lol! They are soon releasing V3 of the Assault rack which comes with plate storage I have been told.

Last edited:
I can't remember the brand (Atlantis or Nautilus maybe?) but a demo was sitting in the show room if anyone is in/from Melbourne wants to go in a take a look
It isn't the pin type, but rather the one that sort of has teeth and the bench arm just drops in between them to adjust height

Alternatively throw Rogue an email and see if they'll put one of their adjustable benches in the next container coming from the States

*edit*
Unless they've since changes the design, the plate storage version will almost be like a mini power rack on stands.That or it'll look like the Rogue squat stand base storage

Last edited:
I don't have that One lol

Just saying it looks like the one that Iron Edge has

That said, I would pay that much for a bench if I thought it was warranted lol

so the new bench looked like this
Elite FTS

and the assault rack plate storage will look like this
Rogue Squat Stand Base Storage - Strength Equipment

or this (excuse my drawing lol. red is deviation/add on from original)
http://ausbb.com/members/the-hamburgler-albums-randoms-picture484-assault-rack.html

Nice looking bench. I will hold out for a while and see what they do then. I`m of the same opinion that if a bench is that good and ticks all the boxes, then it is worth the money for sure.

Re the rack that seems about right from what they told me when I called them about it. I`m sure it will be nice but the regular Assault rack cost me $1650 so I reckon the new one will be pushing close to 2K.

Argh I wish I lived close to them mate so I could check out their stuff. I will be really interested to read a review or your thoughts and pics on it when/if you get it as I am really tempted to pick one up. I would sell the Hyper Extension machine that I currently have as you can do back work and more with the GHR I guess.

What are your thoughts on the Iron Edge bench then? Is there much of a gap between the pads when in the flat position? Does it feel really secure/heavy?

Sorry for all the questions bud but you have some nice gear!

Setup my Ghd on the weekend from. Iron edge, pretty straightforward to assemble, really solid. I moved the knee pad back to the third set of holes as that felt better with my long legs.

Machine is fantastic for back extensions and although I such at them seems good for glute ham raises (I struggle at the very top but I think that's me not the machine)

I find the rollers do push into my quads a bit

All in all though, really solid peice of equipment

Some of these setups are awesome. I wish my garage floor was flat so I could pimp it out.

I bought my cage off ebay. It does the job so far but I'm not real strong. It came with 150kg of weights, dumbells and a barbell for like $400. I already had a bench that inclines.