• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Neat setup Izy. I bought the same rack without the pulley setup. I am thinking about buying the pulley setup now I have a few bucks saved up. I really miss beign able to do rope pull-downs. Is the pulley worth the extra $200. Does it feel the same as using a plate stack at the gym?

It's definately smooth...I would "negotiate" it down though...as a package I couldnt past it up for the price...

One thing i can pick at about the rack at this stage is there is no numbering for spotters/pins....not a big deal

My baby!!! My home power rack from cyberfit australia (also know as cyber-market).

img12411b.jpg

Last edited:
It's definately smooth...I would "negotiate" it down though...as a package I couldnt past it up for the price...

One thing i can pick at about the rack at this stage is there is no numbering for spotters/pins....not a big deal

Yeah i have just just marked my sq ohp an bp pin heights with permanent marker. I will probably do a decent size buy have my eyes on the pulley, a commercial oly bench setup and some bands.

I've been looking at power racks for my gym, currently use squat stands but I decided I don't like them after training in a power rack. All my equipment so far is force usa, my weights are cyber fit(which stink like recycled rubber) but thier package price was awesome). Wouldn't mind the Force USA one with pulley, but admiring the cyber it one for its pull up bar on front, will eliminate my pull up rack from my gym....more space :)

Nice one brick... My rack has provisions for band pegs also, will look at it when I get to that point...

Deep, to be honest I think the cyber one is much sturdier.. I tried one of the force home racks ($399 one eBay) and it wasn't very sturdy ...as I took the bar off the pins the whole rack wobbled, could have just been that it wasnt tightened up properly but that knocked it off my list real quick...

The force 1000lbs rack is great but for $200 on top of the cyber one, I would use the savings for some more cyber smelly weights :)

I've been looking at power racks for my gym, currently use squat stands but I decided I don't like them after training in a power rack. All my equipment so far is force usa, my weights are cyber fit(which stink like recycled rubber) but thier package price was awesome). Wouldn't mind the Force USA one with pulley, but admiring the cyber it one for its pull up bar on front, will eliminate my pull up rack from my gym....more space :)

Personally I don't like the pulley system. Everyone I've spoken to who has one, has said the plastic guides on the weight stack rub the 50x50 tube, causing it to scratch off the powdercoat. Most low-end racks with pulleys seem to use the same design. Structurally it has no impact, it just doesn't scream "well thought design".

If I was going to buy a power rack today, I'd try to find one where you can adjust the height of the pulley, like with a functional trainer. This sort of thing.
Can probably make do without, using bands. For some exercises a weighted pulley is preferable though.

Nice one brick... My rack has provisions for band pegs also, will look at it when I get to that point...
Mate. Best money I've spent on my setup so far, no doubt in my mind. It's literally like gaining a functional trainer. The quality of the bands is amazing.
Iron Edge :: Power Bands :: Power Bands 41"

Deep, to be honest I think the cyber one is much sturdier.. I tried one of the force home racks ($399 one eBay) and it wasn't very sturdy ...as I took the bar off the pins the whole rack wobbled, could have just been that it wasnt tightened up properly but that knocked it off my list real quick...
It just wasn't tightened up properly. I have this rack, and know a few guys who do as well who had the problem you describe. I followed the assembly instructions and mine is rock solid. Can throw my weight around on the pull up bar as much as I like, it won't move a mm.

Last edited:
It just wasn't tightened up properly. I have this rack, and know a few guys who do as well who had the problem you describe. I followed the assembly instructions and mine is rock solid. Can throw my weight around on the pull up bar as much as I like, it won't move a mm.

I thought as much... it was just when i saw a youtube clip with the same rack doing the same thing i thought ok move on....

Mate. Best money I've spent on my setup so far, no doubt in my mind. It's literally like gaining a functional trainer. The quality of the bands is amazing.
Iron Edge :: Power Bands :: Power Bands 41"

Thanks for that mate will definitely keep that in mind

Ian

i got the force usa rack with the band pegs and pulley package. The rack is alright but it does seem to shift a little when i rack the weights. Also the pulley is very stiff like how people have described before, now searching of ways to make it smooth.
also just bought the MM thrust bearing bar, will see how that goes while I say up some money for an ABC or something similar

i got the force usa rack with the band pegs and pulley package. The rack is alright but it does seem to shift a little when i rack the weights. Also the pulley is very stiff like how people have described before, now searching of ways to make it smooth.
also just bought the MM thrust bearing bar, will see how that goes while I say up some money for an ABC or something similar

Have you tried lubricating the pole? I want to buy one of these but this just slightly turns me off....

I just bought the Force Usa Power Cage. I put in an offer of $300 and they accepted. WIN.