• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Awesome mate, I'm getting that bench next week, same color as well. Looks mean as fuck outside there mate, can't wait to get mine now.

Well I got my commercial flat bench today from Gym Direct, as usual they were quick with delivery. Only sucky thing is the darn thing didn't come with any rubber feet/end thingies, so I can't use it as it sits on the wheels, not flat like its supposed to. Rang them up before and they said they would ring me back but haven't yet, hope its not a big issue, thought they would just send me some in the mail :(

Hey Rambodian did you get your bench problem sorted? Must have been a bit of a let down to get your shiny new bench and then have some bits missing...

Hey Rambodian did you get your bench problem sorted? Must have been a bit of a let down to get your shiny new bench and then have some bits missing...

Well i spoke to a Kirsty and she said that she was gonna send me some out, but that was on Monday and nothing yet. I been really busy this week so I didn't even get a chance to harras them and make sure they sent them, but I will on Monday next week.
Yeh I'm spewing mate, it's a beast of a Bench, can't wait to use the frigga.

G

Got the bottoms for my bench today, Saturday of all days??? bet the delivery dude kept it all in his van and took friday off after hitting Australia hard that night LOL. I will post pics of my new beast and the set-up I've come up with for benching from the squat stands so you guys can have a look. Should have it done before Thursday as I want to get my next bench press session in on my modified new set-up.

EDIT: Here is my current set-up to train 2012 with.

Finished the mods on my squat stands, and must say it actually works better than I thought. It's really strong and steady as it weights down the stands even more. I just cut up the old beasty bench I made before. This new set-up allows me to use the MM commercial bench I bought without worrying about the squat stands being to high.

Here is the modified bench press and squat stands, was cheap to do, cost me $30 bucks all up, got some U bolts and nuts from the local hardware, they are 50mm trailer axle ones $5 each with nuts. The rest I had lying around, used an old cutting board for the red polyethylene guards for the bar, will make the ones on taped to the stands higher up though I think. I put 250kg on it and it was solid, so I am happy with this and it still allows me to pick them all up and move them out of the way if my wifes car needs to go in the shed (storms etc).
Bench and modified stands copy.jpgBench press mod copy.jpg
Here is the new stereo, a welcome addition and my fractional plates
Stereo copy.jpgFractional plates copy.jpg
And my spring collars and hanging hooks for them LOL
Hooks spring collars copy.jpg
Still got my rings and chalk bowl, and use 2 extra squares of rubber matting to deadlift from.
One day i will get my bloody bumpers!

Last edited:
Heres a few pics of my set up at home. Well it's actually my girls PT studio where she trains women from home. I just use it and maintain it :)

PT_gym4.jpg

PT_gym3.jpg

PT_gym2.jpg

PT_gym1.jpg

Not a bad set up there, not sure about the usefulness of the strange looking machines, but probably good for training women I guess.

Get a lifting platform in there and it will be great:)

Nice power rack as well!!

Not a bad set up there, not sure about the usefulness of the strange looking machines, but probably good for training women I guess.

Get a lifting platform in there and it will be great:)

Nice power rack as well!!

Depends what you want to get out of your training I guess Mick. For me at the moment it is not to bad.

I picked the machines up dirt cheap. I have a pec deck, shoulder press and calf raise, they all have 125-135kg stacks so it does me nicely.

cheers
LR

Here is my gym. I have;

Powertec Rack (wanting to sell to get stands and other stuff)
Muscle motion bench
Force USA Functional Trainer
Ironedge Lifting Platform
Yoke
Stones (90 & 135kg)
Keg (70kg)
2 Logs (6" and 11")
2 Sets of Farmers
Axle
Football Bar
Oly Bar
Full Set of bands
Sled
250kg of bumpers
220kg of steel plates
2x60kg Adjustable DB
54kg DB

Attachments

• P1020452.jpg
    P1020452.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 167
  • P1020453.JPG
    P1020453.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 139
  • P1020457.jpg
    P1020457.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P1020458.jpg
    P1020458.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 119
Here is my gym. I have;

Powertec Rack (wanting to sell to get stands and other stuff)
Muscle motion bench
Force USA Functional Trainer
Ironedge Lifting Platform
Yoke
Stones (90 & 135kg)
Keg (70kg)
2 Logs (6" and 11")
2 Sets of Farmers
Axle
Football Bar
Oly Bar
Full Set of bands
Sled
250kg of bumpers
220kg of steel plates
2x60kg Adjustable DB
54kg DB

Nice functional strongman set-up mate, I like it.

Last edited:
Thanks. I started a home gym cause I thought it would end up cheaper than a gym membership, boy was I wrong. :)
it will eventually pay for itself, + u will be using better quality stuff then what u will find at a commercial gym. and u can do whatever you want

it will eventually pay for itself, + u will be using better quality stuff then what u will find at a commercial gym. and u can do whatever you want

It won't pay for itself cause I keep buying more gear. Hahahaha.

Grippy: Thanks mate. Got a stone mold in the mail so more stones to come in the next few months!!!!

Hahahahaaa, and what can the missus say, cause you can always retort: But honey, how can you put a price on your health LOL

Hahahahaaa, and what can the missus say, cause you can always retort: But honey, how can you put a price on your health LOL

Hahaha.
Wife doesn't mind cause I don't spend money on drink, smokes or other crap so I have to have something.

One thing that I really want is a reverse hyper. That might be my next birthday present ;-)

Well received and assembled this today :)

Was a little sceptical going with this brand, but for $250 less than the MM package i got quoted...very solid rack compared to others I've tried out over the last few months.

Rack, pulley system, dip att, incline bench oly bar, 100kg worth of weights

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

its a good start....