• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thats the plan, but my deadlift is way ahead of my squat and bench.

Build up the thighs with plenty of high volume on front squats
For bench, if you have long forearms compared to your humerus, move grip out and build up your chest with close grip benching and light chest flies. Kinda the mistake I made, I was stronger with a closer grip because my chest sucks, but it turns out I just need to move grip out and actually develop a chest lol. Don't ignore the other muscles though.

If you don't have these levers then I don't know because I've not had to deal with it. Freako does a shitload of triceps work- but he has also said "fuck the triceps, concentrate on the chest" a few times I believe- or at least in the past. Who knows, I don't really care lol

I'm not sure it was fuck triceps, I think it was bench more. As opposed to all those people who just concentrate on lockout work instead of straight benching.

I do a shit-tonne of tricep work, but I do a shit-tonne more benching.

I'm not sure it was fuck triceps, I think it was bench more. As opposed to all those people who just concentrate on lockout work instead of straight benching.

I do a shit-tonne of tricep work, but I do a shit-tonne more benching.

What is good for chest, in your opinion?
At the moment I am doing BB style close grip bench and close grip incline bench (shoulder width). Then for chest I'll do 5x10 light pec flies for the stretch like in Sheiko. Do you think this is adequate?

Just wondering how people who run sheiko long term deal with planned breaks (holidays)? I understand that the benefits come from the accumulated fatigue as well as specificity so re the accumulated fatigue mainly if you were to have a 3 week training break would you just pick up where you left off and hope for the best or what?

I realise this is probably majoring in the minors but I am curious. :)

Just wondering how people who run sheiko long term deal with planned breaks (holidays)? I understand that the benefits come from the accumulated fatigue as well as specificity so re the accumulated fatigue mainly if you were to have a 3 week training break would you just pick up where you left off and hope for the best or what?

I'd restart a new training cycle personally.

I personally would run a brutally high volume program for the 4 weeks leading up to the holiday

What Adam said. You might even need 1-2 weeks of conditioning before getting back into it, depending on how you personally cope with breaks.

I recently had a forced 3.5 week layoff. Coming back was not fun, and I came back with linear progression, not the sheiko cycle I was forced to stop early. Lost a lot of strength.

What is good for chest, in your opinion?
At the moment I am doing BB style close grip bench and close grip incline bench (shoulder width). Then for chest I'll do 5x10 light pec flies for the stretch like in Sheiko. Do you think this is adequate?

I do a lot of flies as prescribed but also do various press variations such as incline or db work. I run a 5 day cycle and mainly do hypertrophy chest work on my 2nd day with is meant to be mainly assistance work anyway. So that plus flat benching 4x a week keeps me going well enough in the chest department.

Yeah if you have a long lay-off I'd start a new training cycle. I personally also take 0ni's approach by upping the intensity/volume of my final couple of weeks so that my body technically needs longer to recover anyway and I can hope to maintain some decent strength.

Knock your maxes back significantly when you return to training but you should be able to up them slowly by feel and in a few weeks be back to your previous training maxes.

Link me a vid of your bench again.

I'll take some videos next time I train bench (Saturday)
The old videos are useless because my technique and mobility has changed
I know I have tight hip flexors and that needs working on.
I am doing light bench today I'll try and get a video but it won't be heavy

Had my 1st session with a PL coach today. Loved it.

He's put me on Sheiko, so will have plenty of questions for you all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I do a lot of flies as prescribed but also do various press variations such as incline or db work. I run a 5 day cycle and mainly do hypertrophy chest work on my 2nd day with is meant to be mainly assistance work anyway. So that plus flat benching 4x a week keeps me going well enough in the chest department.

Dips are a great addition, as are incline or db bench.

Do they pause all warm-ups as well on bench?
I always just paused everything but assistance. Someone else is asking me if only pausing over 75% is OK. I told them 70% and onwards would be better but ideally pause everything. I don't really see the issue with pausing everything but apparently it drives people nuts idk

not sure if anyone else answered but Boris S. said they pause the first rep of all sets