• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is that ok when you use kg for your maxes Oni? Or doesnt it affect things?

Just having a look at what 37 would be for me now... These are the heaviest sets for bench: (my max =120kg)
Monday: 5 sets of 3 reps 90kg (I can do 90kg 10+ times this would be so easy...)
Friday: 2 sets 2 reps 96kg (so easy...)

All sets/reps are like this, is the idea that you perform every set almost back to back so it becomes difficult? I'm afraid of starting Sheiko cause the weights and reps for all sets look so light, though based on everyone's recommendations it would be a good thing to try for me this year.

Sheiko looks so easy on paper. I put in my max squat of 140kg and in the 4th week it has mr doing doubles at 119. Ohnoes :p

80% is 80% irrespective of whether you use pounds, kilos, stone, newtons, torque, etc...

Also Sheiko will beat you down but when you deload you pop right up again. I remember that wrapped 4x120kg after I hit a wrapped 137.5kg in comp and it being terrible... then a few weeks of singles and I hit 150kg wrapless

Looks easy on paper is my thoughts exactly.... I know it's not that simple and it takes motivation to keep getting through. But omg.... me and Sheiko is going to be epic.....
:)

Best part is it has an exotic russian name, makes you sound mysterious when you tell people you running sheiko. Thats all you say, no explanation just sheiko and then walk away like a man of mystery.

0ni did you do all your program raw then wrap only for comp??

FYI - First week of Sheiko will look like this for me
uploadfromtaptalk1359283158617.jpg

I wrapped for last two weeks and programmed so that I'd be able to hit my openers easily wrapless

You can add wraps in earlier if you want more practice with them. Just adjust percentages to your wrapped max accordingly.

Kaz!
Four weeks? I'd run the first 3 of 37 then the last week of 32.
I actually have some templates that were written specifically for some of the Russian women's team- I dig them out and post up. The women's one a really high volume.
The thing about Smolov templates that you have to consider is that they were designed for squat only. People have adapted then to all lifts, but they were never designed or intended for that.

Last edited:
12 weeks of training till holiday
4 weeks on holiday
3.5 weeks from when I get back to australia to comp.
I'm going to start training in Hawaii, I have a friend who was stationed in the army over there who is hopefully going to hook me up with a place to get 2 bench sessions in.
It all sounds good in my head lol!!

There is a cool group of lifters in Hawaii. Check out Anthony Harris from my Facebook friends- he is there. He is an incredible lifter- world record squatter. They run a club there. Could be worth a look?

I thought you said "2 plate bench" instead of "2 bench sessions" and almost cried