• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Will be testing maxes tomorrow for this program (even though I'm extremely 'out of shape' in terms of strength).

I start with template 29 yeah?

If I survive that, I'll check back in this thread 4 weeks later and ask what to do next. Cheers.

Will be testing maxes tomorrow for this program (even though I'm extremely 'out of shape' in terms of strength).

If I survive that, I'll check back in this thread 4 weeks later and ask what to do next. Cheers.

Hey Amac,

There are a number of ways you can run it successfully..
#29 for example or #37, or even the 13 week program which combines 29, 37 and then finishes with 32 for testing and comps.
I hope this helps..?

Ah just the thread I was looking for. I have a few questions.

1. How customizable is sheiko? All i'd like to add is some chains/board press for bench press (since lockout is my weak point) and more upper back work/chin ups.

2. I really want to do the CMS cycles, I understand they are more for an advanced lifer. However say I tried them, it wouldn't really bad would it? I know it'd be hard, but they look fun + I like training more then 3 days a week.

29, 37, 32 is i think the most popular 12 week training block, where 37 has the most volume and 32 is where you peak for 1rms/comps

i did 37, 37, 32 and added weight to the 2nd 37 without testing 1rms, also 1st week i needed to repeat as i wasnt conditioned to the volume

ive heard if you dont want to peak for comps you can just do 39, 40, deload week, add weight to 1rms, 39, 40, deload week, ect forever

if youve just done ppp/531 style programming you'll respond really well to this.
be aware of the 2.5-3 hour long training sessions and you'll need plenty of sleep, i do 9 hour sleeps atm

29, 37, 32 is i think the most popular 12 week training block, where 37 has the most volume and 32 is where you peak for 1rms/comps

i did 37, 37, 32 and added weight to the 2nd 37 without testing 1rms, also 1st week i needed to repeat as i wasnt conditioned to the volume

ive heard if you dont want to peak for comps you can just do 39, 40, deload week, add weight to 1rms, 39, 40, deload week, ect forever

if youve just done ppp/531 style programming you'll respond really well to this.
be aware of the 2.5-3 hour long training sessions and you'll need plenty of sleep, i do 9 hour sleeps atm

I want to quote this for emphasis, Sheiko will produce great results but it is a very situational program, you need to have ideal conditions to strive with this type of programming. Plenty of rest is a must, you cannot have 6-7hrs sleeps and expect to do very well the accumulated fatigue will be too much to supercompensate after a cycle, your food intake needs to be good and enough to supply you with energy for your training. I highly recommend intra-workout drinks if you struggle (ie gatorade). You need to pay attention to your recovery on this type of training which I think is the most important aspect. If you don't match these conditions then Sheiko will be very hard, alternatively you can lower your base maxes to adjust.

Stretching post workout helps a lot as well.

good luck amac. it will make your bench soar. i would do 37 reduced volume (pretty much minus two working sets.) then a full 37. i dont really like 29.

you can find a reduced volume program on the net somewhere.

Ah just the thread I was looking for. I have a few questions.

1. How customizable is sheiko? All i'd like to add is some chains/board press for bench press (since lockout is my weak point) and more upper back work/chin ups.

2. I really want to do the CMS cycles, I understand they are more for an advanced lifer. However say I tried them, it wouldn't really bad would it? I know it'd be hard, but they look fun + I like training more then 3 days a week.

Wade Hooper, Eric Talmant and Dave Bates have all played around with chains, boards and bands.. i remember Eric using bands and chains. Alot harder to workout because it is all percentage based though.. I also know of a guy that used to bench in a super kat and ran through a cycle using 3 boards for all his benching.. good results too.. used DB presses instead of flys for supplemental lifts too..

Customising further with back work is a funny one.. bates and co tend not to recommend any.. however posturally i get hammered everytime i run sheiko so i add alot of pre-hab exercises in pre and post.. it makes for even longer workouts..:) but more balanced shoulders, hips, etc..

With regards to CMS cycles.. personally i find they work better or are more balanced(esp. hips) than the the regular 3 day per weeks. Be mindful of the increase in volume and intensity though.. nice long rest periods and as the others have said.. increase sleep and calorie intake otherwise overtraining is ensured!!!

Hope it helps..?

Sheiko was a massive topic of discussion at today's course run by Spritcha.
Actually thinking of doing a 4 week cycle post my hypertrophy goal to get me back into PL when I return.
What Sheiko programs has anyone run?
Successes?

Just 4 weeks?
I ran 29-30 and the last two weeks of 32 for my last meet in August and PR'd everything.
Expect about a 3% increase on each lift from a 12 week cycle

lol those Megaupload links referenced earlier in this thread have been taken down by FBI. Whats another source for a nosey?

Spritcha, I was gonna ask how to choose a Sheiko program for yourself. I get lost in the numbers!!

0ni I have 4 weeks of training from the time I get back from overseas to comp in June.

lol those Megaupload links referenced earlier in this thread have been taken down by FBI. Whats another source for a nosey?

If your after templates I posted a sharefile link with them all in spreadsheets a week or so ago 27-cms prep. Just troll nack through my posts and you'll find it.

If your after templates I posted a sharefile link with them all in spreadsheets a week or so ago 27-cms prep. Just troll nack through my posts and you'll find it.

Yea i did that, found a previous post by you with a link in it. Clicked on it and said that the retention period had expired.

Spritcha, I was gonna ask how to choose a Sheiko program for yourself. I get lost in the numbers!!

0ni I have 4 weeks of training from the time I get back from overseas to comp in June.

The cycles kinda build upon each other, I would just program a regular cycle and save Sheiko for when you have 10-16 weeks of clear run. Not saying it wouldn't be good I just think there are better 4 week cycles to run.

You base the Sheiko templates on how strong you are. I dunno what the women's classifications are like but based on what I've seen you lift you're probably class 3-2. So I'd stick with 39,29,37,32

I might be better to do smolov Jr for a 4 week period then.... I'm going for a world record on bench!