• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rumble Roller

DKD: I'd go straight for a rumble roller. Although, I like having both.

Balls are totally different. As I said though, I do still use a cricket ball for the really hard to get spots and the med ball for glutes.

I'm loving it too. But I see the value in having both the rumble and a plain foam roller for different purposes.

plus agree with JZ, good to have the other stuff for some things. Use a tennis ball for hip flexor sometimes (ouch, ay, ouch, hate it).

Agree CCM, need both, I like the normal foam roller for back, tennis ball as per JZ post

word to the wise....

that "bone saw" move on MobilityWOD???

I may need paramedics when I finish that one tonight...a 10 sec go at it earlier and I wanted to die.... :eek::eek:

keeping my 000 speedial close by...lol

I just use a PVC pipe on IT band, like in kellys videos, I don't just go up and down, rather side to side. Works just fine with a ball too.

I think I want one of these rumble thingies. Now I just need to work out a way to explain to my wife why i'm spending $95 on a giant dildo. :D

I just use a PVC pipe on IT band, like in kellys videos, I don't just go up and down, rather side to side. Works just fine with a ball too.

Alpha, what size pipe (length, diameter) do you use?

PVC pipe is brutal for bodyweight rolling though, and it has a tendency to slide on carpet, its great for the cost though.

I normally do my rolling with a cricket ball or golf ball. Do you think I could go straight for the extra firm roller? Or should I be conservative and just go regular?

And compact or full size?

that looks like heaven....
when i first rolled i used a pvc pipe lol

just recently started rolling my traps with a cricket ball coz they have been really tight and my neck had been getting sore.
non of this soft shit hehe

rumble rolled......
/wants

from the slight bruising I have incurred over recent days, I'd say the extra firm rumble roller makes pvc pipe, bars, balls, and your average foam roller feel like a walk in the park.

I used BW for pressure and used it on my calf and ankle. there may have been an actual tear or two... quite painful. Never bothered me on any of the other stuff.

But it definitely gets in better than anything else with those notches.

Tip: heat pack first on any tight or sore muscles...thorough warm up essential before hitting that thing!!!

Verdict: LOVE IT. Hoping it will really help especially calf and ankle area for mobility...but need to be consistent with it for a little while.

that looks like heaven....
when i first rolled i used a pvc pipe lol

just recently started rolling my traps with a cricket ball coz they have been really tight and my neck had been getting sore.
non of this soft shit hehe

rumble rolled......
/wants

Thanks for that. Was wondering how to get traps. I just got on my rumble roller last night and sort of arched back and up onto one side. Probably looked quite weird but hit the spot.

Good write up Viv :)