• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rumble Roller

might be worth getting used to using a foam roller first for the basics.
You can use the rumble roller somewhat differently because of the notches in it. But it's more intense, for sure.

Can't wait to rumble!! Sounds like I need a 50s gang and a flick knife! :eek:

Sounds like I need a bag of cement!!!_

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr6eHza6JVI"]Let´s Get Ready To Rumble [Sound Effect] - YouTube[/ame]

Viv you are going to hurt!

2012-05-01084934.jpg

What are the benefits of this thing compared with rolling on a cricket ball and tennis ball? $95 seems a bit steep unless it does something extra special.

I wouldn't use a cricket ball for hamstrings, quads or entire back. I'd use a ball to get into muscle knots in smaller muscle groups or trouble spots.
Foam roller covers a larger surface area, rumble roller covers a large surface with penetration into the muscle.

At sundays powerlifting comp, muscles were being worked with an assortment of foam rollers and powerbands, I reckon I was one of the only people with a tennis ball and I only used it for my traps and scapula.

$95 is a good investment price for me with the amount of work I need to do on my major muscle groups. Balls do have their place but not my preference.

I wouldn't use a cricket ball for hamstrings, quads or entire back. I'd use a ball to get into muscle knots in smaller muscle groups or trouble spots.
Foam roller covers a larger surface area, rumble roller covers a large surface with penetration into the muscle.

At sundays powerlifting comp, muscles were being worked with an assortment of foam rollers and powerbands, I reckon I was one of the only people with a tennis ball and I only used it for my traps and scapula.

$95 is a good investment price for me with the amount of work I need to do on my major muscle groups. Balls do have their place but not my preference.

Ok, so it's major benefit is that it saves time?

powerbands?? Please explain.

Ok, so it's major benefit is that it saves time?

powerbands?? Please explain.

I will post another thread about tennis balls v foam rollers later but to answer your question about powerbands, they have various uses for stretching/mobility. My major use would be for inner thighs and full shoulder warm up/mobility.

I will post another thread about tennis balls v foam rollers later but to answer your question about powerbands, they have various uses for stretching/mobility. My major use would be for inner thighs and full shoulder warm up/mobility.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant the powerbands were used for massaging tight muscles like the roller. You gave me visions of big sweaty men whipping each other with powerbands in a testosterone fuelled orgy.

yes please to more discussion on foam rolling in general.

I'm ready to rumble ... are you??? :p

tried it on my hammies...hmmm OK.

tried it on my calf and ankle....WHOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

rumble roller_small.jpg

also got my IronEdge plyo boxes delivered...no more fear of major slippage when doing step ups, box squats and much more :D

I have tried it on glutes on so far, and whoah, yeah well she gets in all "deep like"
About to master this thing for the next hour!

So what's the verdict? Is it worth the $$, or wil you be flogging it on e-bay tomorrow? Or is it too early to tell?

Deep Rumble Roller Review

Ribbed for her pleasure? Absolutely not!
I started using the rumble roller as I would a normal foam roller. Big mistake! Ouchie! Had to support my body weight initially on hamstrings and quads but as I worked it I slowly took the body weight support away.
Couldn't use it on my back, that hurt like hell!
By about 5mins after working my legs, all my comp fatigued legs muscles were feeling free and no longer stiff to bend.
I'm glad I got the black extra-firm one, I will try and eventually use it all over even if I have to use a thicker material over the top to stop that real hard press into the skin.

I'm stoked with it!:cool: