• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rumble Roller

Same, I got the black extra firm one too! Was going to go blue then I took a teaspoon of cement and thought bugger it, I'll regret it otherwise. I got decent layers of fat on my butt and thighs so only extra firm will get right in. I think the winning point for me is that "it resembles a masseuse's thumbs working into your muscles" ahhhhh the best feeling!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300694349200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
We'll see how tough you ladies with you're black rumble rollers are soon ;)

Put it this way. On a foam roller, I can do hammies til the cows come home. I upgraded to pvc pipe and that was adequate for a bit. I used my mates extra hard rumble roller and I'd say I could do about 10 rolls or so on the hammies. On my blue rumble roller, I still use the other leg to put extra pressure down to get a good massage.

Challenge accepted JZ!!!

But hang on ... I need layers of fat?
I think "bone saw" may be all too accurate in my case :eek:

umm yeah some fat on you will help with this!

Oh and I mentioned it in CCM's thread but I really find a medicine ball to be the ultimate for glutes especially. I still can't get the right angle on the rumble roller.

I'll have to take a pic of the "accessories" I keep in the corner of my lounge room for self rehab. LOL

umm yeah some fat on you will help with this!

Oh and I mentioned it in CCM's thread but I really find a medicine ball to be the ultimate for glutes especially. I still can't get the right angle on the rumble roller.

I'll have to take a pic of the "accessories" I keep in the corner of my lounge room for self rehab. LOL

oh shiite... *looks desperately for a cushion as toosh buffer* :p

funny, I keep my rehab stuff in a corner of the lounge too ... :)

Just buy one Mick! I only heard of these things yesterday now pshycing myself the pain! Oh the pain!

I've tried foam rollers only. I have a question for those who've tried both foam and rumble rollers.

For someone who has never tried either type, would you recommend they jump straight into the rumble roller or get used to the foam roller first?

I know the foam roller can be pretty full on when you first try it, so just concerned that a first-timer might get completely turned off when first trying the rumble roller.

I've tried foam rollers only. I have a question for those who've tried both foam and rumble rollers.

For someone who has never tried either type, would you recommend they jump straight into the rumble roller or get used to the foam roller first?

I know the foam roller can be pretty full on when you first try it, so just concerned that a first-timer might get completely turned off when first trying the rumble roller.

might be worth getting used to using a foam roller first for the basics.
You can use the rumble roller somewhat differently because of the notches in it. But it's more intense, for sure.

Can't wait to rumble!! Sounds like I need a 50s gang and a flick knife! :eek:

I'm ready to rumble!!!
I'm ordering the mini rumbler to take to nationals in my suit case. Will be good to have at work too, people already think I crazy for sitting on a tennisball at my desk! Lol