• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rumble Roller

Got mine yesterday. It's blue and a bit squishy, I thought it was gonna be solid.

I find it pretty tame... little bit disappointed, although I'll see how it goes over long term use.

Ive used a friends black rumble roller and its pretty damn intense. I have a regular foam roller at home which is fine but for more specific stuff I use a cricket ball.

I spent 45 mins of solid continuous rumble roller work on my calves/ankles tonight.
I still have the marks of the notches in my legs!
But, I think i'm becoming addicted to the rumble-pain :eek:

upside - it does work...after consistent work over recent days, it seems to be making a difference.

Might try and get a black one eventually... for now blue will have to do. Student budget :D
Should have ordered black ones on the PTC tab.
I'm buying a compact one to take to Nats, gonna need my precious luggage space and my precious rumble roller!

I spent 45 mins of solid continuous rumble roller work on my calves/ankles tonight.
I still have the marks of the notches in my legs!
But, I think i'm becoming addicted to the rumble-pain :eek:

upside - it does work...after consistent work over recent days, it seems to be making a difference.
I'm finding the more I use it the more immune to the pain I am getting, I can put full body weight onto it with most muscles!
Can't do my calves, those are for the brave souls!

Definately making a difference here too!

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

i tread that line every day. sometimes I fall to one side. usually the S side :p

i still have the notch marks after 1.5 hours!!

i put my body weight onto it for the calves. not highly recommended unless you have a high threshold for pain or have no regard for the Geneva convention :eek:

I only just started using it on my back, I forced myself to do iit to prepare for UDL's.
Still recommend the firm one over the mild.

I only just started using it on my back, I forced myself to do iit to prepare for UDL's.
Still recommend the firm one over the mild.

yep, i don't see the point of the blue one. I just use the normal foam roller for other stuff.

definitely the extra firm is the way to go to get the best out of it.

After reading through this thread, I am intrigued beyond belief. :) So I ordered one! Yes, the BLACK one lol.. Let's hope this can create as much pain as most of you suggest.

After reading through this thread, I am intrigued beyond belief. :) So I ordered one! Yes, the BLACK one lol.. Let's hope this can create as much pain as most of you suggest.

Prepare for PAIN!

First time I used it I wore thick pants to cushion just a little!

I rolled with enthusiasm and frustration 2 nights ago - outside left calf where I found a trigger point.
I now have a green bruise and am tempted to limp a bit :eek:

Got my rumble roller and am instantly in love with the thing! My family thinks I am crazy though. The sorest place to roll for me are the calves, which came as a bit of a surprise. I was making so much unearthly noises from the pain my neighbours must think I am having an orgy! Every other place is fine, feels good even: ITB, back, quads, hips and hammies. Can't stop rolling on it :)

Got my rumble roller and am instantly in love with the thing! My family thinks I am crazy though. The sorest place to roll for me are the calves, which came as a bit of a surprise. I was making so much unearthly noises from the pain my neighbours must think I am having an orgy! Every other place is fine, feels good even: ITB, back, quads, hips and hammies. Can't stop rolling on it :)

Awesome work! Welcome to the Rumble Roller Society :p
Calves were my sorest spot too but they eventually come good.

going to order one of the black ones
been using one of the hot wheat rolls so can heat it up before using it
but it broke on the weekend.

Tried using a kettlebell (12kg) for quads and hammies but not quite the same effect
and its to large to use for my back.

Need it asap as my neck and arms are really tight