• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Roosters played like shiz but I dont think Souths played fantastic - its just that Roosters were that bad......surprising because they looked spot on in the club challenge - only round 1 - cant really draw anything from it....

Roosters played like shiz but I dont think Souths played fantastic - its just that Roosters were that bad......surprising because they looked spot on in the club challenge - only round 1 - cant really draw anything from it....

Yeh roostes were poor, as the game wore on soutjs had an obvious physical advantage . Roosters out of shape or bunnies in crazy shape?

beginning of the year, too hard to tell atm, I'm a bunnies fan but not a Inglis fan... after his performance during the premierships, I just feel he might be the rotten potatoe, don't care about his tries last night, but they did play aggressive which gives me strong hope this year

beginning of the year, too hard to tell atm, I'm a bunnies fan but not a Inglis fan... after his performance during the premierships, I just feel he might be the rotten potatoe, don't care about his tries last night, but they did play aggressive which gives me strong hope this year

Interesting comment - never really heard anyway say something like GI is the rotten potato in the team - he looks bigger, faster, stronger - could play him in any position - from a rugby league standpoint he would be one of the 1st players I'd pick in a team - I think when a great player does acouple of things wrong it stands out alot more than when a good player does acouple of things wrong.

Broncos V Bulldogs last night - thought this was a much better game to watch than Roosters V Souths - Broncos really dug deep - I do think they could have attacked abit more and pretty much was playing a defensive game from about the start of the 2nd half to protect their lead - until about the 70th odd min when they started to run the ball abit more again - this is where they looked really good and the Bulldogs stuggled - Ben Barba - was great - if he keeps his form will be a great either starting fullback or back up full back for QLD this year - not sure what the centre situation is with QLD at the moment if GI could play centre and then Barba in at fullback....

Only one man for full back! If he isnt broken lol

I guess it comes down to who will play centre - not sure who is avb this year for QLD - I was impressed with the Broncos centres last night and also the winger (no.5) - not sure if they are QLDer's though. I cant see NSW winning this year QLD still have way to much strike power.

Interesting comment - never really heard anyway say something like GI is the rotten potato in the team - he looks bigger, faster, stronger - could play him in any position - from a rugby league standpoint he would be one of the 1st players I'd pick in a team - I think when a great player does acouple of things wrong it stands out alot more than when a good player does acouple of things wrong.

Broncos V Bulldogs last night - thought this was a much better game to watch than Roosters V Souths - Broncos really dug deep - I do think they could have attacked abit more and pretty much was playing a defensive game from about the start of the 2nd half to protect their lead - until about the 70th odd min when they started to run the ball abit more again - this is where they looked really good and the Bulldogs stuggled - Ben Barba - was great - if he keeps his form will be a great either starting fullback or back up full back for QLD this year - not sure what the centre situation is with QLD at the moment if GI could play centre and then Barba in at fullback....

I think with GI he's a march contender usually plays out of his skin the first few weeks, plays well in origin and then goes missing for the rest of the season...

and agree with what you are saying with the bronco's game, hopefully they give Hoffman and Hunt a chance to have a few games together, bulldogs look like a good side but I think they are going to struggle this year.

I think with GI he's a march contender usually plays out of his skin the first few weeks, plays well in origin and then goes missing for the rest of the season...

and agree with what you are saying with the bronco's game, hopefully they give Hoffman and Hunt a chance to have a few games together, bulldogs look like a good side but I think they are going to struggle this year.

Broncos looked like they had some heart yesterday and looked like a team that could control a game if need be - last year the had neither.

Bulldogs looked ok - think they will have issues at fullback - fowards are still big, and aggressive - only one game of course but pretty one dimensional in their play....

Also on a side note how good is Thaiday....does not look like much but I would rate him in the top 3 forwards in the NRL - would be one of my other 1st picks after GI...I reckon it will be good for him not to be the captain.

Also on a side note how good is Thaiday....does not look like much but I would rate him in the top 3 forwards in the NRL - would be one of my other 1st picks after GI...I reckon it will be good for him not to be the captain.

Yeah I don't think the captaincy did any favours for him he lost what dynamic play he had, Moving back to the back row will improve his game too I reckon...

They will pick slater at full back for qld regardless of form.
Other then Morris You wonder were the bulldogs points are going to come from now Barba has gone.
Broncos halves are not good enough for them to be contenders this year.
Rabittohs and Roosters will be there come finals, although I don't think Roostrs will finishin top due to the fact that everyone is out to beat them this year.

They will pick slater at full back for qld regardless of form.
Other then Morris You wonder were the bulldogs points are going to come from now Barba has gone.
Broncos halves are not good enough for them to be contenders this year.
Rabittohs and Roosters will be there come finals, although I don't think Roostrs will finishin top due to the fact that everyone is out to beat them this year.

Haha totally forgot Slater....you are right they will select him regardless of form - you do get the feeling he is getting to his use by date though...I wasn't really impressed last yr...

He is getting older but there's a few more good years left in him. Although if they lose I'm sure he will get the punt sooner.

Went and watch ACT V Tonga A yesterday at RMC - Tonga got up 29-20 - but totally outclassed ACT - they let ACT score a few soft tries.

ACT were really not very good at all yesterday - just lacking the basic skills i.e catching the ball and tackling.

There were a acouple good players for ACT one being Tim Cree from Vikings who many are tipping to be added to the Brumbies squad now Pocock is gone - really good player.

Tonga were just huge across the park (what a surprise) - they had a number 12 that must of been 6'3-6'4 and prob 110-115kg - he kicked all the goals, ran like a machine, snapped his opp number in half - was really impressed with this dude - but they they took him off............................to replace him with an even bigger inside centre who did the same shit haha - ACT honestly looked scared of the Tongan side - I dont think I have seen a 1st grade/semi-professionl/professional side look scared like they did....which would be very worrying if you were the Brumbies coaching staff watching this....

Also look out for a kid called Tom Staniforth - played no.5 for ACT - he is an ex aussie schoolboy, Canberra Grammar player - fresh out of Grammar 1st XV last year - 18 yrs old, prob 6'6 and maybe 115kg+ - he was a standout for me aswell - Once he hits the gyms and develops more - this guy will be 1 a fulltime Brumby within the next 12-24 months and prob a Wallaby within 24-36 months - he was one dude that didnt give a shit about running at the Tongan forwards - only 18 aswell....

Last edited:
Cool
Pics mate.
That staniforth kid, any relation to Scott and Nigel?? I played with Nigel and against Scott (possibly played for the wallabies, def superXV). Talented bunch

Cool
Pics mate.
That staniforth kid, any relation to Scott and Nigel?? I played with Nigel and against Scott (possibly played for the wallabies, def superXV). Talented bunch

Yea mate he is the cousin of Scott - not sure about Nigel....

Here he is playing Aussie schoolboys (he was 16 or 17 here)

Pic taken the other week for the Canberra times -

He is tipped to be the Aus U20's captain this year.