• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I thought it was because its there National sport and we don't even really play the game in comparison with the the big rugby nations.

Its the Whelsh national sport aswell but you dont see them winning world cups lol - we are a big rugby nation we just dont have the steps in place to go past natural talent and develop players like the other nations do.

Australia has one of the best rugby systems in the world but fails in some at some very major points next to say South Africa/England/New Zealand.

1. They do not blood new players until senior players have retired - this is one of the main reasons why they are struggling atm - all other teams above make it a point to keep cycling players through so once a experienced senior goes they have new ppl to step up all the time.

2. We do not have a national comp under the Super rugby comp - again this does not blood new players to a higher level of rugby between club and super rugby. The countries above do have this comp set-up and do it with great success.

I think 2012 we will see the start of a national comp being formed and also alot different coaching patterns take place in Aus.

Its to close to the world cup to do anything now - it should of been done 4 years ago.

I dont think ppl understand the lack of development that is going on at higher levels of rugby in Australia - to put it in Rugby league tearms - its like going from playing in a local comp (i.e Brisbane Bandits lol made up name) to playing state of origin - thats Club level rugby to Super rugby....make abit more sense lol

Last edited:
I thought it was because its there National sport and we don't even really play the game in comparison with the the big rugby nations.

It is defiantly one of Australias top sport, its just it doesn't get covered much in the media because they lose too much.

The above post by Powerspots pretty much covers it.

We have played in 3 of the 6 world cup finals, won a couple so they must be doing something right with League and AFL dominating Australian football and Union not even having a national comp well i am impressed at the level we compete at.

Thats not the point mate - the point is that atm we are struggling big time - and nothing looks like its getting better - the fact of the matter is that the game has gone past natrual talent, its becoming more and more professional (remember rugby only became a professional sport in 1995) - and Australia are falling behind big time next to the other top nations - if we want to keep up our winning ways of the past then the game plan has to change in Australia because what was working then is not working now.

Its a professional game and needs to be treated like one or we will fall more and more behind the top teams/nations.

What if we win this world cup, will you call fluke ?

Yes - other teams would have to really under-perform for the Wallabies to win next yrs world cup - its not really hard to see that atm - maybe alot of the players will step up I dunno but looking at the sides now Wallabies cant win the world up simple as that...what happens if a few of the "top" players get injured in Super rugby...there is no depth in this team what so ever.

Yea i agree with PS. Look at the reserves, not that great. All blacks reserves, could easily be in first 15.

How can Australia fix this? A program similar to the NPC and Currie cup. Quite simple actually, its just the last one failed because they didn't start it off right.

The last national comp failed because it was a half-ass effort on ARU side of things - just gives me the shits lol

Still reading Jonahs book and was reading more about the Bulldogs offer and it was raised to $1 Mil a year in 1995 leading upto the world cup if he had a good cup - Jonahs manager said he would not move for anything less than a Mil....and they agreeed lol

Still reading Jonahs book and was reading more about the Bulldogs offer and it was raised to $1 Mil a year in 1995 leading upto the world cup if he had a good cup - Jonahs manager said he would not move for anything less than a Mil....and they agreeed lol

What made him stay?
Is the book a good read? What does it talk about? Thinking of getting something to read.

Last edited:
Upto the 1995 world cup semi atm (7th chap) - Phil Kingsley Jones (manager) was/is more of a very close friend more-so than a manager and he very much wanted him to stay in rugby union - Phil is a very big rugby union man - but Jonah had played some league as a kid and from the sounds of things even after making the All Blacks still wasnt sure if it was union or league he really wanted to play.

Also ex All Black Eric Rush was a very close friend to him from about the age of 16 till today and Eric wanted him to stay in union also.

It says in the book that he pretty much made his mind up that he would be playing rugby league for the bulldogs - but history is history and he became one of the best union players ever....

I am hooked on it man - only been reading it for a few days and cant put it down at night lol

Upto the 1995 world cup semi atm (7th chap) - Phil Kingsley Jones (manager) was/is more of a very close friend more-so than a manager and he very much wanted him to stay in rugby union - Phil is a very big rugby union man - but Jonah had played some league as a kid and from the sounds of things even after making the All Blacks still wasnt sure if it was union or league he really wanted to play.

Also ex All Black Eric Rush was a very close friend to him from about the age of 16 till today and Eric wanted him to stay in union also.

It says in the book that he pretty much made his mind up that he would be playing rugby league for the bulldogs - but history is history and he became one of the best union players ever....

I am hooked on it man - only been reading it for a few days and cant put it down at night lol

Thanks for that.

Its good he stayed in league.

Btw heres some good all black videos:
YouTube - All black legends dvd

Yea man - heaps of info about everything in the book upto now - get a real honest insight into his life within rugby and outside rugby.

Amazing he still has the passion at 37. Would not be easy putting your body through that at 37.

Yea mate - he had a great Itm cup so I think that was a test for himself and for the coachs to say yay or nay on 1 a contract and 2 a starting spot...hes at the point now where he pretty much tells them what he wants to do and how he feels - so he might go half way through next season and maybe step into a coaching role...you never know...this is what he did with Toulon (spelling maybe wrong) in France.

He has also offered to help mentor/coach the world cup squad - I am sure they will find a spot for him to help the side.

Experimental kicking rule to be trialled at All Stars

The Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars will again break new ground with an experimental rule designed to promote attacking play from deep within a team’s own half.

The experimental rule will give the team in possession the opportunity for six more tackles if it kicks and regains the ball in its own half (see full rule below)

Experimental kicking rule to be trialled at All Stars - NRL.com