• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I could be wrong but I’m sure I remember hearing them talking about it on Sydney triple M in an interview with Slater

No he's from North Queensland lol.

He was going to be a Jockey before he concentrated on League.

No he's from North Queensland lol.

He was going to be a Jockey before he concentrated on League.

i had a flick thru his book when i was in the bookshop a while back,didnt buy it lol but yeah hes got a background in horses.I dont reckon hes the best fullback ever tho as some would say.I could be wrong and quite happy to sit on the fence as hes had a great career and has longevity but for me in rugby league the best fullback play ive seen was from Mullins in 94,he was unbelievable that year.

hate to say it but the best fullback in either code that ive seen is Christian Cullen,to my trained eye he was faster than Slater,stronger too,he would of carved up the NRL.Youtube him,great sidestep and long range tries.Was strong as fuck too,the super team he played for recorded him as having a 150 kg bench at a playing weight of 84 kg,he was deceptively strong,like a freakin rubber ball.

Last edited:
Slater was known as a great organizer. You constantly hear of how verbal Slater is in organizing the line. Yelling out instructions from Fullback.
Teams with Slater there play better.

Bellamy makes smart buys in the off season,it makes me tear out my hair when i see the carthorses the Warriors used to acquire.Bellamy takes ok players and makes them great.

The Storm Management have spent a lot of time visiting the All Blacks and learning off them.

The Storm Management have spent a lot of time visiting the All Blacks and learning off them.

thats interesting,not so long ago it was the other way round.Perhaps they learn off each other.Rugby league has been professional for a lot longer and dare i say it up until recently the NRL athlete was perhaps superior.

Slater was known as a great organizer. You constantly hear of how verbal Slater is in organizing the line. Yelling out instructions from Fullback.
Teams with Slater there play better.

Unfortunately Cullen was known as "milk bottle"...empty from the neck up.

Corey Oates is certainly one hell of a player. Best winger in the game.
How did he not play Origin this year?

Poor selection choice from Walters.

thats interesting,not so long ago it was the other way round.Perhaps they learn off each other.Rugby league has been professional for a lot longer and dare i say it up until recently the NRL athlete was perhaps superior.

I heard Storm's performance manager talking on the Radio about the trips they made to NZ to learn off the All Blacks. Like they carbon copied it.

i actually worked for the All blacks some yrs ago indirectly, once a week plotting players over the course of a game in the super 12.Unfortunately it was fucking boring.lol.But it gave me an insight into the lengths they go to when analysing individual players.

i actually worked for the All blacks some yrs ago indirectly, once a week plotting players over the course of a game in the super 12.Unfortunately it was fucking boring.lol.But it gave me an insight into the lengths they go to when analysing individual players.

Oh yeah. It's highly technical now. Every Coach has access to footage of Every tackle, Every run, Every pass every Player has made.

I heard Storm's performance manager talking on the Radio about the trips they made to NZ to learn off the All Blacks. Like they carbon copied it.

its funny the meatworks company "Teys" had a motivational video at induction featuring the All Blacks.I think they were trying to draw a parrallel between sporting excellence and cutting and skinning a cow.lol.I liked the "no dickheads" policy that both the All Blacks and Teys use.Perhaps thats why they sacked me.lmao.

Oh yeah. It's highly technical now. Every Coach has access to footage of Every tackle, Every run, Every pass every Player has made.

you can manipulate that system if you are playing,i think it comes down to how useful are your run metres,you could clock up a lot of mileage but it could be headless chook type stuff,yeah you could be making 40 tackles a game but how often are u getting knocked backwards etc.

5121b6310ea0df91224a31ab11b02f59