• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Extending the Super rugby -

http://sport.iafrica.com/rugby/904107.html

Is it really a smart/viable move? Is this going the help Aussie rugby in anyway or simply put more stress on it?

Eh I don't agree with expanding it. I actually thought they were going to change it completely and drop the South African sides. Save money on travel and add the Japanese national side and a pacific nations side. I'd rather see that.
We have one too many super XV sides I reckon. Our talent is spread too thin which weakens the opposition for the others. Get rid of Melbourne I reckon!!

Eh I don't agree with expanding it. I actually thought they were going to change it completely and drop the South African sides. Save money on travel and add the Japanese national side and a pacific nations side. I'd rather see that.
We have one too many super XV sides I reckon. Our talent is spread too thin which weakens the opposition for the others. Get rid of Melbourne I reckon!!

Totally agree mate - we have too many Aussie sides - Melb or Perth need to go - most of the players in those sides are bloody unwanted Kiwis or South Africans anyway!!!! Strengthen the underlying 3rd tier comp - stop spreading our talent so thin there is no room for development and don't expand Super Rugby!

- New Zealand use it as a huge All Blacks trial - all their development is done at an ITM cup level

- South Africa do the same and use it f**k people up (haha) - again alot of their development is done at a Currie Cup level (not to the extent as NZ)

- Australia use it as the be all and end all - as it is the only thing we have to develop players - and due to the number of team Aus has its already paper thin in regards to development and the players we have in the comp i.e we have to many teams.

I think the Pacific islands team is agreed idea in theory but won't work in practise

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I think the Pacific islands team is agreed idea in theory but won't work in practise

Yeh, unless they are run & funded by the IRB, it will always fail. Fiji rugby are broke and very corrupt (one of my old coaches coached the national team in 2009 & never got paid so left after 2 months). It sux as they have so much potential and lose so many players to other countries because of it.
Remember the pacific nations side that toured a few years ago? They were unreal! Scrums so-so but attack and flair were something else!

Would love to see a pacific nations side based out of New Zealand (prob the only viable location) - the only issue I see is payment - just look at the European comps - it is just PACKED with islander players and they are on good money over there - would the pacific side be able to draw players back or draw players away from simply going over to Europe to a stable club, for fairly decent coin.

Chiefs played Crusaders last night - Chiefs winning - 18 - 10

A big standout was Robbie Fruean who for the last prob 3-4 years was marked as the next big thing/All Black - but just always missed the cut due to injury or whatever - more recently he has had heart surgery! - but back in the game now and played fantastic last night - I reckon he will be an All Black by the end of the year -

Not a small dude at all - plays outside centre - 25 years old/190cm/110+kg - was in the centres with SBW when he played for the Crusaders - now Fruean plays for the Chiefs and so will SBW again next year - could be a very powerful centre pairing.....

His try from last night - Lomu like -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNLeioJVVLw

Would love to see a pacific nations side based out of New Zealand (prob the only viable location) - the only issue I see is payment - just look at the European comps - it is just PACKED with islander players and they are on good money over there - would the pacific side be able to draw players back or draw players away from simply going over to Europe to a stable club, for fairly decent coin.

Yeh, unless they are run & funded by the IRB, it will always fail. Fiji rugby are broke and very corrupt (one of my old coaches coached the national team in 2009 & never got paid so left after 2 months). It sux as they have so much potential and lose so many players to other countries because of it.
Remember the pacific nations side that toured a few years ago? They were unreal! Scrums so-so but attack and flair were something else!

Having it run out of NZ would provide no value to the back to the community, essentially they would just be another PI side in name and a NZ team in fact...

It simply wouldn't work because all the islands won't work together from what I've heard if they want to be in anything they have to have their own teams as they are too proud to play for a 'mixed' side.

Having it run out of NZ would provide no value to the back to the community, essentially they would just be another PI side in name and a NZ team in fact...

It simply wouldn't work because all the islands won't work together from what I've heard if they want to be in anything they have to have their own teams as they are too proud to play for a 'mixed' side.

Yea mate that's what I mean - if it was to happen the only place they could have the team located is in New Zealand - couldn't have them based out of Tonga/Samoa/Fiji - New Zealand would be the only "viable" spot but as you say it still wouldn't work as such....

Yea mate that's what I mean - if it was to happen the only place they could have the team located is in New Zealand - couldn't have them based out of Tonga/Samoa/Fiji - New Zealand would be the only "viable" spot but as you say it still wouldn't work as such....

It's a shame but it would do leaps and bounds for the game and inject some cash into the countries too...
It would have to be managed by an.impartial mob though

Can't get into it. I'll wait for the season proper.

The Bunnies did beat The Dragons in the Charity shield earlier on.

Last edited:
Roosters looking really good - pretty much looked like they picked up where they left off....

Any1 else see that Jared Waerea-Hargreaves got upto 134kgs in the off-season - back down to 123-124kg now - 16 months ago I think he was like 100kgs?

Didn't see roosters game

Watched the warriors trial though, warriors looked slick...

Chad Townsend buy of the year I reckon and Tomkins is just class

Creatine

love jwh, total wrecking ball. I wana see him on sam burges for first hit of the season!

Roosters looking really good - pretty much looked like they picked up where they left off....

Any1 else see that Jared Waerea-Hargreaves got upto 134kgs in the off-season - back down to 123-124kg now - 16 months ago I think he was like 100kgs?