• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
People are going to read this article and instead of seeing people in PA not wanting to talk about the subject, they will see people in PA completely ignoring YOU
And there will be much laughter

The only people I am using are posts from PA members who went on the public record expressing their concerns. I know none of them.

You would think I am trying to destroy PA, yet article seeks to promote PA by making legitimate improvements rather than slagging off about rival feds.

I am not trying to humiliate you.
You have just contradicted yourself. You say you never went behind anyones' back. You now say you used comments by people you do not know. Did you ask for permission from any one of them? If not, how could you possibly maintain that you did not go behind their backs? People might say things on a facebook conversation with another person and not expect that to be pulled out of context and used in an article. The public domain argument is sad dude.

No, only PA comments used are ones posted on Facebook, made available to public. I do not know any of the posters personally, although you suggest Matt is one, and have contacted several for feedback with no response.

I think me ethics are pretty reasonable.

First email to all powerlifting feds,

I am conducting research on Australian powerlifting and feel it is only fair to ask officials of each federation for possible input.

see attached.

Cheers,

Chris Lewis

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently researching an article on how or whether it is possible that an Australian sport with different federations can be subject to drug testing, in this case powerlifting. This article will be published in an Australian public policy journal, not sure which one yet, assuming the material is good enough.

Despite much conflict in the sport, made evident in various documents since 1989, I hope my inquiry to the different federations can obtain some important input from all of you (I have written this letter to all federations). Hopefully my article can provide a chance for each federation to offer its position to correct any real or exaggerated perception of the sport given recent public debate. It is not my intention to take sides, but to answer the question in a balance and fair way, albeit the article may blame past Australian government/s for the situation.

At the very least, I hope that each federation can answer some of the following questions where they are deemed relevant to each federation. If you are interested, please answer under each question and resend document. Your responses may be documented in the article, so please only answer what you are prepared to say on the public record.

1) Does your federation support or not support drug testing? Please give reasons either way?

2) Does your federation have a drug policy? If so, what is it, and what are the constraints in drug testing implementation, such as costs and so on?

3) Has your federation been approached by officials from other federations to help unite the sport, or are there major tensions between federations that cannot be overcome?

4) Are there other reasons why lifters prefer to lift in your federation that go beyond differences in regard to suits and wraps?

5) How transparent is your federation, and what opportunities are there for members to voice their concerns and wishes.

Your input would be most appreciated. Any query can be directed to me via email.

Yours sincerely,

Last edited:
No, only PA comments used are ones posted on Facebook, made available to public. I do not know any of the posters personally, although you suggest Matt is one, and have contacted several for feedback with no response.

I think me ethics are pretty reasonable.

So- how can you say you never went behind anyones' back when some of the people didn't even know you were doing this and don't know you????

of course, the Facebook comments do not need a request.

Come on, you guys made them without anyone asking.

I cannot understand why I would need to ask people permission for what they said on the public record.

Maybe you can explain.

I also do not know them, and also sought further communication from the ones I could trace via email.

Last edited:
Oni, you are talking through your ass again.

What matters is what journal thinks, not PA members. Not intended to side with any fed, but to offer my analysis.

As for laughter, I would have a very, very, very log way before I catch you Oni. Don't you think?

Last edited:
A conversation I have at the gym is public. A comment to a person's post on facebook is public. Can you then quote them? Yes. Should you quote them? Unclear.
The point is you saying you did not go behind anyones' back makes no sense when you resort to this line that anything public can be used without consultation or permission.
Its weird you donh't seem to get this.

There you again, with the smart ass comments.

Like I said, I have asked a few them for comments, but no response.
What more can I do.

If you want someone to blame, I suggest you look elsewhere. I asked someone many times, but got nothing.

Last edited:
Why is that a smart ass comment? I honestly don't understand where you are coming from with this. You say you didnt go behind anyones' back- but you posted comments from facebook conversations without even informing people you were doing it.
What more could you do? How about not quoting them?

no, they will be quoted, no need to waste your breath anymore.

What do they have to fear from people making use of their legitimate concerns, concerns they thankfully felt obliged to express?

To go behind someone's back is to do something to people you know; I do not know them. I merely document their concerns.

As for you, Ben, or any other pa member that I personally know, I do take on their concerns.

I think that is pretty reasonable, but I am sure it won't be to you.

Last edited:
no, they will be quoted, no need to waste your breath anymore.

What do they have to fear from people making use of their legitimate concerns, concerns they thankfully felt obliged to express?

There you go on your moral highhorse again. They will be quoted regardless of what they want. Yes, yes I can see how that is not going behind their backs. Very transparent, highly ethical. You should be working for a major news reporter- something like current affair or today tonight. Go powerlifting, with you promoting it we will get into the olympics for by the end of the year.

Have faith big guy.

And yes, I hope article comes across as balanced journalism.

And since you have not read article, I strongly suggest you do; there are a whole lot of reasons why powerlifting remains divided, just as it was in 1990. in regards to public-recognised sport, powerlifting has been a major public policy failure. That is what article is about.

Last edited:
I've started eating all the people I can find on PED's. It will rid the world of drug cheats and make me bigger. Plus I can lift in PA as I'm not really using the PED when I eat the body with only the metabolites in it.

Powerlifting is great - but the general public nor the government give a shit about it - theres no point even discussing the use of PED's in the sport or testing for it.

why have all feds tested? it would be ideal to have just one tested and untested, but i cant see that happening

I think its good that people are free to create their own feds - tested or nontested - competition breeds success and over the last 5-6 years Aus has seen a huge lift in people competing in Powerlifting...

no, I have not argued that. It was just a set of questions to get ball rolling with possibility that all feds could offer ideas and thoughts.

No, I accept reality that no one can force an independent organisation to do this or that, not in Australia anyway. In one brief paragraph, I merely ask should there be assistance to those feds who are interested, rather than just one.

Article also embraces different organisations.

And my draft clearly makes no judgment against any fed or anyone who takes drugs. In some ways, I believe that GPC is the best fed going around at moment.

Powerlifting will go on regardless. With people like sticky and Markos, yes, numbers may keep on increasing. Maybe GPC will become bigger than PA in the future.

Last edited:
We are well over 400 members as of Monday morning :).

That said, I do not see how your article is going to help the growth of powerlifting, I can only see it causing further troubles.

I just hope to god Markos was very wise with his words.