• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's fair enough. There's not much primary material to go on, so you have to fill in a lot of gaps yourself. If everyone agreed with what you're saying, you probably haven't gotten to the truth.

This thread is not only about you or your articles.
What do you mean I appear a lot more confident on forums as long as my words arent cited? Why does being cited by you equate to courage or confidence? More confident compared with what?
I actually don't think many people are interested in the fate of powerlifting in the way you have presented things- thats not bagging you. Thats my opinion.

You tell Rob hi yourself. I havent spoken to him in months and hardly communicate with him at all- you are the one emailing him.

Look- I don't have any issue with you publishing work on powerlifting. My comment simply meant I did not believe there is a great interest in issues around powerlifting outside of the sport itself.

i also think there has to be a way of making the points you want to make without relying on bits and pieces from Facebook etc.
this is all simply my opinion- but have had the opportunity to read some of the emails and hear the drama they have caused I felt it was important to raise this here.

SP, I will let you know. I reckon a few would. last time I looked this thread had been read 16,800 times, so there may be some interest. Here's hoping. I know that 4 people have read my article draft so far, so getting one more should not be too hard. Oh, strong enough will make five. Also, heads of two other feds are looking forward to reading it. that makes seven.

6800 reads collectively of five pieces I had published on one sports site, so maybe some of them will also read it when (if) I do an opinion piece summarising article.

http://www.theroar.com.au/author/chris-lewis/

There is also another popular policy online forum that has published many of my articles.

I am surprised someone with a PhD would say something like that about an article that may go in one of the top sports academic journals overseas. But then again, you appear a lot more confident on forums as long as your words aren't actually cited.

and, I should not brag, but two pms read some of my work, so why not send them a copy as well.

But no need for you to read it. Even after sticky suggests that my piece actually talks about how PA could improve, you have to bag my effort.

Tell Rob I said hi.

Last edited:
This is true, but I strongly argue that pa could be a lot more attractive in terms of a couple of non-drug issues, in line with overseas examples. Some of us consider these issues important, at least I do.

And, other than financial transparency, these are?

Ben i only mention transparency and member input in article.

but there are other issues which would help. Thee is no way i am going to say them on a forum.

I have never understood the bitching that goes on in Powerlifting? Everyone does it because it is a hobbie - everyone has the same hobbie - they simply compete in different feds - they compete because they like compeition and love the sport - no1 outside Powerlifting gives a shit about it really.

Powerlifting will never effect the larger sporting community - drugs or not.

Its simply a hobbie - dont read into Powerlifting to much...

Its a fantastic sport and I love it but dont go too deep into it because it means nothing....who cares if a guy is taking drugs and competing in powerlifting - aslong as its in a non-tested fed.

I guess at the end of the day @spactacus; what are you trying to prove or achieve?

Last edited:
i have already said it rugby, an alternative summary of Aust powerlifting other than version provided by Wilks. That is it pretty much it, although there are other aspects to it.

Last edited:
i have already said it rugby, an alternative summary of Aust powerlifting other than version provided by Wilks. That is it pretty much, although there is other aspects to it.

I may of missed it but is there somewhere where we can access your article?

not yet, i have to wait to see if it is published by int journal and they have all rights. Academia is very slow.'

I would love to post here for feedback, i am sure that input improves efforts like this. Strong enough is a smart dude, that sort of input never goes astray.

It is such a small sport, we should have healthy competition between feds where each takes good ideas, not just bickering over one aspect. I say this, despite article focusing on drug-free powerlifting.

The Canadian IPF affiliate has a forum, one of rules is no slagging off about other feds. But they are allowed to discuss their own operations.

Last edited:
I know few are interested, but my article titled 'Another sports drug-testing failure: Australian government policy and powerlifting' has been accepted for publication in one of top international academic journals for sport and policy.

It took a lot of work, and is vastly different from earlier drafts.

I cannot say much about it until published, but here is one of last paragraphs quoting an academic/powerlifter who holds female WPC world records. I agree with her.

In contrast to the political failure by the Australian government with regard to powerlifting, there is a need to adopt a more astute and flexible policy approach to deal effectively with a multi-federation sport. In a world where there are sports with different organizational forms, with none ‘inherently good or bad’ given each has relative benefits, Coutinho argues that ‘authoritarian monopolistic political rule by federation leaders is undesirable’ and that any dilemma ‘can only be solved with transparency’ and by ‘intelligence, education, ethics and common sense’ (Coutinho, 2013).

How on earth can you defend a claim that it's an ineffective policy?

It works within PA, GPC and CAPO choose to except themselves and ADFPF has no reason to exist separately from PA apart from a couple of vendettas.

As far as I see it, you're trying to claim that public policy is bad because there is a group of lifters who do not wish to be tested and would not agree to be tested even if it were offered.

Coutinho argues that ‘authoritarian monopolistic political rule by federation leaders is undesirable’ and that any dilemma ‘can only be solved with transparency’ and by ‘intelligence, education, ethics and common sense’ (Coutinho, 2013).

transparency and democratic process is sometimes over-rated when tough decisions need to be made, however, the autocracy we see in a certain federation does not provide the ability to change and probably lacks the intellectual capital to effect change.

How on earth can you defend a claim that it's an ineffective policy?

It works within PA, GPC and CAPO choose to except themselves and ADFPF has no reason to exist separately from PA apart from a couple of vendettas.

As far as I see it, you're trying to claim that public policy is bad because there is a group of lifters who do not wish to be tested and would not agree to be tested even if it were offered.

Yes, there are a whole lot of reasons why powerlifting in Australia is divided; this article represents my reasonable effort to document them.

Lets be honest here - PL is a non-professional sport in Australia - if you are getting tied up in the politics then your in the wrong game - find a fed you like and compete in it - or compete all over the place - who gives a shit as long as if your using you compete in non-tested events then really that should be the only factor stopping a lifting competing in diff feds.

I had some dealings with someone I will not name (who wanted my gym to get involved in a fed) - well to be honest acouple of people I will not name within the powerlifting industry - who are "successful" - and I was shocked and appalled about how much hatred they had about other feds and someone else other gyms....its a fucking joke - its a non-professional sport for fuck sakes - people should compete for you fun of it, to challenge themselves and for their own self satisfaction....

I am not interested in politics of powerlifting; I just write about it to help balance record with regard to events over last 20 years.

I think most people who read it will find it fairly balanced, although there will be a few who do not like it.

Hey, I write about all kinds of policy: BER, HIP, Aus and international politics, and now powerlifting.

It gives me something to do.

I am not interested in politics of powerlifting; I just write about it to help balance record with regard to events over last 20 years.

I think most people who read it will find it fairly balanced, although there will be a few who do not like it.

Hey, I write about all kinds of policy: BER, HIP, Aus and international politics, and now powerlifting.

It gives me something to do.

Yea mate - wasn't directed at you as such!

Why is the thread title "Robert Wilks CAPO" Shouldn't it be "Robert Wilks P.A."?